The Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Is your alma maters head coach on the hot seat? What about other 5 or 6 star programs that are not living up to their potential? Find out here on The Hot Seat, where will keep track of what coaching jobs could be opening up. First, lets look at each coaches alma maters.

[​IMG]

Mack Brown - A - 57% Security - 3 Years​

Brown has been a household name in Austin for a while now. Its only been 2 years since he took his team to a national championship game, but a year from a disappointing 5-7 season. Even with all the success Brown has had, it's all about what have you done for me lately. Omega41 might be seeing a job open up soon.​

[​IMG]

Brian Kelly - B+ - 63% Security - 4 Years​

Coach Mexi might be waiting around for a while. In his first year, Kelly led the Irish to an 8-5 season while playing the most difficult schedule in college football. Notre Dame seems to take a liking to him, giving him a 4 year contract and a high security. This may also be due to the fear of Kelly bolting out on them like he did with Cincy in their bowl game in 09.​

[​IMG]

Butch Davis - B+ - 58% Security - 3 Years​

Davis has turned the basketball minded Tar Heels into a contender in football also. The problem is, the NCAA came down hard last season, suspending multiple star players for the team for receiving improper benefits. The NCAA is keeping a closer eye on this now, and the aarondramp might just see a job open up if UNC cant rebound.​

[​IMG]

Dennis Erickson - C+ - 56% Security - 3 Years​

ASU is equipped with a new logo and unis, but that usually means the school is trying to compensate for not winning games. Since Erikson's first season in 07, he has not posted a winning record. He is also the lowest rated coach, so jface907 might have the earliest chance to get to his alma mater.​

[​IMG]

Steve Sarkisian - B+ - 58% Security - 3 Years​

With Locker now gone, you might not hear the Huskies be mentioned nationally for a while. Sarkisian will have to find a new QB to keep the team going on a roll in 11. Whygodwhy1111 could be looking at an early opening, but will he want to take his fleXbox One offense to a pro style squad if the opportunity presents itself?​

[​IMG]

Chip Kelly - A+ - 56% Security - 3 Years​

Kelly is the epitome of rising through the ranks. His success as an OC at Oregon is what helped him land the job for the Ducks. He just has to avoid a national title game loss hangover, or mboda could come in and make his claim on the team.​

[​IMG]

Al Golden - B - 57% - 2 Years​

Ever since the golden years of the 90's, Miami has gone through coaches like underwear trying to regain that swagger. Golden used his great years at Temple to land the job at The U. But if he doesnt satisfy the school, you might see cheez taking his talents to south beach.​

[​IMG]

Bob Stoops - A+ - 57% - 4 Years​

Dakota7 might have the longest wait for a job opening. The Stoops are a household name in college football, and Bob just might be the leader of that house. The Sooners are the favorite to win the title in 11, and the Big XII just got easier with the reduction to 10 teams.​

[​IMG]

Les Miles - A+ - 57% Security - 3 Years​

If the Sooners are the favorite for the title, the Tigers are a close second. Miles always does a good job recruiting and has talent all over the field. He is also known as the mad hatter for the gambles that he takes in games. While the fans like him for this quality, too many risks may come to backfire, and give recchem2000 a chance to be the safe bet for the school.​

[​IMG]

Nick Saban - A+ - 57% Security - 4 Years​

If the Tigers are second favorite, then the Tide are a tied second with them for a shot at a NC. The won it 2 years ago, and were one point away from it last year. Saban also does a fantastic job recruiting top notch players. Gowazzucougs might have to beat up on Alabama himself and then hope for an opening, cause I don't see one in the near future.​

[​IMG]

Brady Hoke - B+ - 53% - 2 Years​

Michigan fans are getting restless with the loosing seasons, and the school now turns to Hoke for 11. He might be on a tight leash, cause the fans want to win, and win now. What might be the breaking point is the Ohio St game. Even if Hoke fails to impress in other games, if he can beat tOSU, then he might just be given a little leeway, which could hurt darr27z.​

• Like Like x 3
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Nice MexiRican35

I've been so busy wallowing in the misery that is San Jose State, I havent even thought about my Alma Mater

sreese who did you end up picking as your Alma Mater?

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Nice. I'm just trying to not get fired from my current position. I haven't even thought about my alma mater.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

+1

5. sreese

sreese Walk On

i dont remember ill look tonight and post when i get home.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Don't make me call Mr. Mackey again Reese ;)

7. MexiRican35

Some BCS teams that havnt jumped right out the gate as expected. The LSU Tigers, recchems alma, is sitting at .500 halfway through their year. If they dont make it to the top 25 BCS standings, Miles could be let go. ASU also has a rough start, going 2-4. If they can make a bowl game, it would save Erickson a little bit. But unless they pull an upset over #9 Oregon, they cant have many slip ups to reach 6 wins. This could be a good sign for darr. Texas has not been on track in conference play, going 0-2 and being upset by Iowa St 13-10. If they can finish 6th or better in the conference Brown could be ok, but it will be hard as 5 other teams in the Big 12 are in the top 25, and loosing to the Cyclones didnt help.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Les Miles is in the bottom of the pack in job security! Im gonna need to run the table for LSU to look at me :)

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Gonna be hard to head to The U when I go 2-10.... :(

10. MexiRican35

Coming down to the end of the season, some coaching jobs that could open up for users...

Hawaii - I know Coach recchem2000 has his eye on them. With only one year on contract, Warriors coach McMackin looks to fail 9 goals, 6 of those negatively impacting his security. At 3-7, rumors has it he will be out.

Houston - Might be a long shot. Sumlin looks to fail two more goals, but if he can pull off one more win he should be safe for an extension.

Washington St - Wulff might not even finish one goal when its all said and done. A 2-9 record doesnt help either.

UNLV - Hauck might get only one goal, and his prestige isnt enticing for the Rebels to want to keep around.

Indiana - It will be a hard decision for the Hoosiers to make. He has a C+ prestige but only half is goals kept.

• Like Like x 2
  11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Don't worry, I can take that job for you ;)

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

:doodie:

• Like Like x 1
  13. sreese

sreese Walk On

I maybe in the running too. Guess it might depend on if they want an offensive coach or a defensive, lol!

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Indiana might be enticing. I would assume you have decent talent, you play in the Big 10, and you get to try and knock down OSU and Wisconsin before some user has a chance to get them.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

16. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Hmmm, wonder what Tulsa is like...

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If you take them we can move them into the SEC just to make things interesting for you :)

18. Cheez

might wanna tag people so they can all see this :)

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think its in the Rules but I will make it clear when we get to that stage...thought you had to work in the morning...go to sleep!!!

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK cheez you happy now :)

21. Cheez

after 7 seasons with the Illini last year and an abysmal start to this year in both leagues, you should know by now that I can never be happy :(

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

When you get to California for you brief visit, you will be happy...watching the Bruins stomp on those lowly Cougs...beer will be involved in that too :)

23. Cheez

i dunno - it's not big 10 football :p

but if beer is involved, who am i to complain?!

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yes, there will be actual offense played...opps, im dating myself with that comment :)

I thought you had to work in the morning?

25. Cheez

i do, but i cant sleep.

besides, I put in my two weeks notice - what do I care lol

• Like Like x 1