The Hurricane Hitlist - M17 Edition

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Hurricane GL, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Hurricane Hitlist
    Madden 17 Pre-File Edition

Gentlemen, it's once again that time of year. The summer is coming to an end. The days are as hot as Satan's ball-sack (just ask bringbackjimmy he can testify). Everyone is dusting, or in some cases clorox wiping, their Xbox One controllers. Most have already dipped their toes in the water with EA Access. In but a few short weekswe will be firing up TMFL Madden 17 CFM. With that, The Hurricane Hitlist rises like the mythical Phoenix. For the new guys, welcome. For the returning players, glad to see y'all back. For those no longer with us.....eh, who cares? In these hallowed posts I plan to make all kinds of predictions (most of them correct), assumptions, and innuendos. I plan to have pre-season, weekly, & playoff editions, all for your perusal. With that said, let's get to the Pre-File/Pre-Season 1 Edition.

Pre-File Tournament

Guys, be on the lookout for the Pre-Season Tournament that will hold us over from release day to file start day. In Madden 16, the Championship came down to the Seahawks vs Patriots in a SB XLIX rematch. In the end, Hurricane GL edged out Cheez to take the title. Ironically, that was the closest either came to an in-file championship until the Patriots finally returned to the Super Bowl in season 6 or 7...and then got molested by Black Republican . This season many owners have moved around. So, with an absolute stab in the dark, assuming a NFC vs AFC bracket, I'll take a Patriots vs Cardinals championship game, with seranrap7 taking the title. I've got a 1/64 chance of being right, so I'll call that a 0 confidence prediction.

Pre-Season Picks

NFCE: This should be one of the easiest conferences to pick, right? We have one returning owner is this division with Black Republican on the Eagles. Joining him in the division is CTfromDC (Redskins), bringbackjimmy (Cowboys), & new-comer matthew34brown (Giants). Considering BR's stick skills, BBJ's penchant for self-destruction, CT's brash talk, and Matt's ambiguity....FINAL ANSWER: Eagles win the Division by at least 2 games. Cowboys will vie for a WC birth, but fall jus short.

NFCN: This division is a tough nut to crack. Not a single owner in this division played here in M16 TMFL. We have Gravity (Bears), BrewBomber (Packers), BigK44 (Vikings) returning to TMFL and new-comer SunofGod5 (Lions). Grav has the stick skills, but one of the 3 weakest franchises in M17. Brew has some stick skills, a solid offense, but an unproven defense. SOG is another of the weakest franchises and is another unknown. BigK has a young, but talented squad and battled BR twice a season in M16 to sharpen his skills. FINAL ANSWER: We'll see the Vikings in the Post-Season but no one else even comes close.

NFCW: Following the established pattern, we once again have 3 returning TMFLers and one NOOB. However, they once again are all new to the division. The baby face seranrap7 (Cardinals), the foreigner GMONEY 15 (Seahawks), the grinder (I think he's still playing TMFL M16 at the writing of this edition) jwaddy (Rams), and the undead Kidofcrash23 (49ers). We've got talent all around this division, but 2 great franchises, an up-and-coming, and a bottom of the barrel franchise. Skills can only take you so far and can be covered up by a solid squad. FINAL ANSWER: Cardinals, though an unknown owner, take the division off the strength of the talent on the squad. However, with the help of the 12th man, the Seahawks are able to get a WC birth to make their way into the playoffs.

NFCS: This is the division of intrigue. We have here the entire TMFL M16 NFCW re-locating to the Dirty South. 8128 publik drunk (Panthers), hskr8128 (Bucs), Cgreen214 (Falcons), & Cheez (Saints) all know each other well and play each other tough. This division will probably put 2 teams in the playoffs annually for the first couple of seasons. We can rule Cheez out of the discussion with a whole lot of work to do in NOLA. This really is a 3 horse race. FINAL ANSWER: The Panthers take the division, and the Falcons claim a WC spot. The Bucs fight for one, but fall just short on a Week 17 loss to the Panthers.

NFC PLAYOFFS

WC

Seahawks @ Vikings – Seahawks Win (couple of missed kicks the difference maker)

Falcons @ Cardinals – Cardinals Win (that Secondary makes Matty-Ice look like a popsicle)

Eagles & Panthers – BYE

DIV

Cardinals @ Panthers – Cardinals Win (the Ex takes revenge)

Seahawks @ Eagles – Eagles Win (@gmoney15 notebook is just too empty this early in the file)

CONF

Cardinals @ Eagles – Cardinals Win (just not putting BR in there....won't put that out there yet)

AFCE: I think the Commissioners might have done this on purpose. AGAIN a division with 3 TMFLers and a new face. xSavedByGracex (Dolphins), Nockturn315 (Jets), Cole Copeland (Patriots) welcome Danthraxxx (Bills) into the fold. Real life Bills are killing Dan's S1 chances from the jump while Cole has the cheat code that is Gronk aka the guy you stare at every time you open the game. FINAL ANSWER: Patriots take this solely off the TE cheddar and Brady's last hurrah. The other 3 look to the draft to keep them going.

AFCN: I won't even mention the pattern again. It's obvious now. Just accept it. Here we have the glutton for punishment JFace907 (Browns), the bandwagon caboose Big Suge Knight (Steelers), the under(whelming)dog bawvu97 (Ravens), and the ghost Bondzai (Bengals). This is a division with talent on sticks and in franchise construction. Browns have youth, Ravens are old, Bengals are dirty, Steelers love drugs. FINAL ANSWER: Steelers win it with an uber-talented offense. The rest start checking their salary cap waiting for Free Agency.

AFCW: Finally a 2nd division with all returning TMFLers. Not only that, but 75% of them ended M16 file with their M17 team. Ace847 (Chargers), whoozy11 (Chiefs), & Raidernation (Raiders) just wanted to stay where they were, and kcstlmang (Broncos) wanted to see what's so fancy out west. Where to start with this division. Broncos have the best defense but are grasping at straws at QB. The Chiefs have a great DEF and solid OFF. The Raiders are MUCH improved on both sides and are young. The Bolts.....are Dolts. Only in Madden will they even fight for relevancy. FINAL ANSWER: Raiders win the Division in a close battle with the Broncos. The Horsies are able to secure a WC birth off the DEF alone.

AFCS: Calling it now...the toughest division in TMFL. Any team could come out of this division any season and make the playoffs. Again, just like their NFC counterparts, I'm calling at least 2 teams from this Division in the playoffs for the first few seasons. Here we have Craig (Jaguars), nellycuz (Colts), ptsbx1 (Titans), & Hurricane GL (Texans). Three of these teams have a legitimate foundation to work with. The Colts, although, have the fewest pieces, especially on DEF, to compete right now. They'll cause problems, but not be there in the end. The Titans & Jaguars have youth and talented owners. The Texans have an unproven QB, the best DEF in the DIV, but the weakest stick game in the DIV. FINAL ANSWER: The division is stolen by the Texans with a Week 15 victory over the Jaguars who have to settle for a WC spot.

AFC PLAYOFFS

WC

Broncos @ Texans – Texans Win (Another Ex taking His DUE)

Jaguars @ Raiders – Jaguars Win (Youth vs Youth – Stick Skills the Difference)

Patriots & Steelers – BYE

DIV

Texans @ Steelers – Texans Win (I just hate the Steelers IRL & Madden)

Jaguars @ Patriots – Jaguard Win (Speed/Youth/Skills Dominate)

CONF

Jaguars @ Texans – Texans Win (Assume HFA kicks ass)

Superbowl LI

Cardinals vs Texans

Texans Win – 1st ever TRUE HFA in SB. I'm drinking my own kool-aid here....so yeah.

Look for the first weekly edition to drop right before the season kicks off. Until next time: Keep your head on a swivel, and listen for the footsteps, because you'll be on the Hurricane Hitlist.

(Revised on 8/21 due to IRL injuries)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Nice write up bro! Our division is gonna be nasty! Looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Good work Hurricane Brian

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Nice work man. But I suck.

5. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Updated after today's injury report.

6. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

7. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Nice write up bro!

8. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

Glad to see these comeback, nice write up!

9. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Good stuff man. The way Im playing the only thing Im competing for is a #1 pick

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you