The Importance of Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The Importance of Game Summaries

Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd say a few words about game summaries, and why I find them useful.

I will be posting a week 7 wrap-up later tonight. It was a big week. What you will see are a number of things I wrote myself, but you will also see game summaries written by league members. I add a pic or two, cut and past your words, and that's about it. I took a great deal of time making this last post, but it probably wouldn't exist at all if it were not for the summaries you guys gave me to work with.

I'm not asking that everyone post detailed summaries after every game. I'm just telling you that those who do will get more coverage. I just don't have time to write everything up every week. Those of you who help me out will see your stuff on the main page. It's just that simple.

Now, I am not asking for everyone to post everything all the time. I'm not even asking you to do a good job when you do post. I don't mind cleaning up text. It's much easier than writing it all myself. Post something, and I will pick it up. That's what I'm trying to get across.

Thanks guys,

AG

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Archie,

I know I have been pretty lazy about this.

This weekend I plan to catchup all of my leagues if possible. During the week I am getting crushed right now, and my daughter is teething so sleeping is not happening right now.

I just wanted to say I am on board with the writeups.:)

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The post is now up.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Just read it, and wow - I didn't realize how hectic of a week it was! Very appropriate title! The whole thing read really well. Thanks for the work AG -- the proof is in the puddin'.

5. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Incredible stuff, AG.

6. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Whew! That was a quality article AG...Very impressive and really sucks you into the action in league 1. That my friend is the standard by which all of our articles should be measured.

Impressive. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Peace,
    PK

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just so you guys know, the bulk of that was written by Reagle and Basis. I just pulled their stuff and posted it. That's why I posted this thread ... to show what can and will happen if we get stuff up on the forums.

It's a group thing.

Look for a mid-season report sometime this weekend.

AG

8. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Thanks then to AG and all of the Coaches that contributed, very nice.;)

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Great article. Quite a week. I was shocked to see LSU lose. Florida is unbelievable. Weren't they ranked #24 in preseason? Seemed crazy then, obviously it was.

Trine and I had a thriller in league 2. I think he's going to do a write up. I'll get it posted to the news page this weekend.

10. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

Thanks AG...looks great.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The weekly article is awesome!