The initial BCS standings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Mar 6, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The initial BCS standings

The first BCS standings came out this week. I've prepared some notes on the teams that occupy the top 20 spots.

Here are the first batch of rankings:

1. Florida State
    2. Wisconsin
    3. Purdue
    4. Arizona
    5. Alabama
    6. California
    7. Texas Tech
    8 Tulsa
    9. South Florida
    10. LSU
    11. Texas A & M
    12. Georgia Tech
    13. Penn State
    14. Oklahoma
    15. North Carolina
    16. Minnesota
    17. Michigan
    18. UCLA
    19. Florida
    20. Southern Miss

Profile of user teams with a legit shot at the NC game:

#2 Wisconsin 7-0

Key Games left: #3 Purdue, @ #13 PSU, Iowa, #20 Southern Miss

Signature Win: 21-0 v. #16 Michigan

Note: Has two major roadblocks in Purdue and Iowa. Get's them both at Camp Randall. I don't think they'll survive unscathed.

#3 Purdue 7-0

Key Games Left: @ #2 Wisconsin, @ #12 Penn State

Signature Win: 30-17 v. #11 Texas A & M

Note: They probably have the easiest road to the BCS NC game. Gotta get Wisconsin this week to have a shot. As a life long Buckeye fan, let me tell everyone that doesn't know; Weird things happen at Camp Randall Stadium. Especially night games.

#4 Arizona 5-0

Key Games Left: #21 UCLA, @ USC, @ Washington, @ Cal

Signature Win: 35-28 vs. #7 Tulsa

Note: This team has over achieved severely this season. Big wins vs. Tulsa and Oregon have really helped their stock. Games vs. a very good UCLA team, and games @ The coliseum, Husky Stadium, and Berkeley is a straight up meat grinder. Probably the toughest road for any contender left. This team just has something about them though that makes me think it's possible. Chris Hamby is the heart and soul of this team, and not being on the Heisman watch list is a joke.

#6 California 7-0

Key Games Left: #5 Alabama, @ #21 UCLA, #4 Arizona

Signature Win: 42-38 v. Minnesota

Note: Hasn't really been tested too much yet except Minn, and Oregon and passed both tests. Cal basically has a playoff game this week vs. Alabama and are rooting for UCLA to beat Arizona to really clear some room up top. This could be the darkhorse team to win it all. Tough road ahead though. Gotta think they'll drop one to either UCLA or Arizona.

#7 Texas Tech 5-1

Key Games Left: @ #19 Florida, @ #14 Oklahoma

Signature Win: 38-31 v. #7 Tulsa

Note: Has by far the easiest road left. Only two formidable cpu teams left and has already taken care of all user games. The only beef I have with Tech is they won't win their conference, but very easily could play in the big game if the chips fall right, while the conference winner (presumably A & M) plays the Fiesta Bowl....doesn't seem fair, but that's life I guess.

#8 Tulsa 6-2

Key Games Left: #11 Texas A & M/ CUSA Championship game (presumably a Sou. Miss rematch)

Signature Win: 27-14 v. Colorado

Note: Tulsa is like 3 plays away from being undefeated. They are the highest rated 2 loss team in the country by far though. I can't imagine they'll stay in the top 10 though. A big win vs. A & M and winning the CUSA title could get them back into the BCS. Hopefully they can get an invite into the Big 12 where they belong next year.

#11 Texas A & M 6-1

Key Games Left: #14 Oklahoma, #23 Nebraska, @ #20 Texas, #7 Tulsa

Signature Win: 24-21 vs. Texas Tech

Note: Unless the pollsters upgrade A & M they might be the team holding the short straw when it's all said and done. Probably will win the conference but is going to need alot of help to get over the hump to the NC game. The loss to Purdue looms large for them right now, but the win over Tech probably will make their season. 4 tough games left not including the Big 12 title game.

Either way, if you look at these standings I think we are going to be in for a hell of a finish. The playoffs kida start this week with Wisc, v. Pur, UCLA vs. Zona, and Cal v. Alabama playing this week!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

nice work..

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think TTU could be #2 next week... Hopefully beating ranked Florida in Gainesville and Rice (who at least has a winning record) will be enough to hold off any and all possible usurpers haha

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

So far correct... as the coaches have us at 5 and the media has us at 7/8 showing no love and we are 5th in the BCS? While TTU is 3 in a poll [​IMG]

I think if we take care of business v. Tulsa a top 5 team in the polls, should bump us up and then take care of business in the Big XII Champ game should get us in the Title game but will not be surprised if we get left out

losing early and being unranked killed our chances but we aren't done fighting yet

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

The pollsters must know that TAMU vs. TTU game was a fluke :D

6. BDSDIGITAL

Right now Arizona is #3 in the BCS btw....I just won vs. ASU and have one game left, but its against unranked Cincinnati. If you look at the top 6 in the BCS it's kinda a sham really.

1. Purdue
    2. Tech
    3. Zona
    4. Wisconsin (tied for 3rd)
    5. Tulsa
    6. A & M

As far as I'm concerned you can scratch Wisc, and Tech off the list because they won't win their conference, and Tulsa already has two losses. So if the rankings were fair it would be between Arizona and A & M really, and their resumes are pretty close. I think each team has two top 5 wins. His loss is better though losing to #1, while I lost to #15....

The worst scenario for Arizona is a rose bowl matchup with Wisconsin and that's great so I can't lose either way. Matter of fact, there's a part of me that would be more satisfied with one last crack at Kid Robotz instead of playing in the title game.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm working on moving up the ladder to help you out. lol. Just crushed USC, so that should help out a bit. If only I didn't lose the inevitable to Oregon, the Pac-10 title would have been mine! :mad:

8. BDSDIGITAL

l think you would have been better off losing to Oregon, and beating Cal. Then you'd have one conference loss and the tiebreaker against me and Cal.

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Could be. Not sure how the 3 way tiebreaker would go.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Like I said...when I simmed offline Wisconsin vs Purdue was the National Championship..

so don't rule out that possibility just yet.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I just took it offline and simmed through, making sure Texas A&M beat Tulsa and a ranked Colorado team in the big12 championship game.... Texas Tech still ends up in the NC. I have a good feeling it is going to be Tech vs. Purdue in the National Championship!

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Definitely the year of the watered-down championship game, then. :p

13. BDSDIGITAL

I have a hard time buying it myself if a PAC 10 team isn't represented. It is the best conference in the country, and winning that conference should give someone the nod. Just saying. (y)

14. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Actually, the Big-10 is twice as good as any other conference, so it would make sense to have a Wisconsin-Purdue matchup. ;)

15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It's hard to believe that any conference that can't do math should have two teams in the MNC. Big 10. 11 teams. Although maybe Iowa doesn't count. ;)

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Exactly.

I hope it is Wisconsin vs Purdue, and had I not won by sim over Iowa...It probably would have been Wisconsin vs Iowa.

SO SUCK IT BITCHES!!!

17. The Shrike

THAT'S IT, ITS CLOBBERIN' TIME! I'd like to politely request to play UCLA next season. And when I am through with them, Arizona will be the top team in the Pac-9.

18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nothing personal, I just hate Iowa (note the flags in my sig and you'll probably figure out why). :) Plus, I think the way it's played out the last 2 years, Arizona is the top team in our conference, anyway...

19. The Shrike

Yes, Arizona is the top team in the PAC - 10.