The Iron Bowl

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runwhileucan, Nov 26, 2010.

1. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Does anyone else agree this is the best rivalry in college football?

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

nope.....lol 24-0 what rivalry

3. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Just wait, it will get interesting.

4. alemic

alemic Walk On

How about The Game? It is one of the best in all of sports. Ohio State Michigan it just doesn't get any better than that.

5. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Not really. It's up there in the top 5, but this is by far the biggest one. Our entire state splits apart. There are several schools in Michigan and Ohio, but there are only two big ones in Alabama.

6. alemic

alemic Walk On

Name 1 other school in Ohio that has had more than 1 decent year in the past 10 years. None. Name 1 other school that has had a solid year other than Michigan in the past 10 years. None. You can argue Michigan State but honestly this is their first solid year

7. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

I'm just saying there are huge followings for different universities in both of those states. They don't have to have great records to have big followings.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Maybe in Alabama. but that is the same as USC-UCLA, Fla-fla State and other in-state rivalries.....I would say Ohio State-Michigan and ND-USC are bigger rivalries than Bama-Auburn. Largely because of Tradition and out of state rivalries. USC-ND is a national rivalry, not just state.

Not to take anything away from the Iron Bowl.....but the best, nope

9. alemic

alemic Walk On

I'm with you on this tubb. Just because they are in state it means nothing. If anything it means its even less of a game. Your splitting up a single state, with Ohio State and Michigan's tradition, you are splitting up the entire north.

10. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

AJ got no help at all, he will be really good next year. And it's all a matter of opinion, so ya'll can say anything but I won't change your mind and you won't change my mind. There is no right or wrong answer.

11. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Honestly I have never really heard about the Bama-Aubrun rivalry so I would have to go with Michigan-Ohio State or UND-NDSU lol.

12. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Where do you live?

13. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Where the ground is covered with a snow lol

14. grat23

grat23 Walk On

I think Osu - Michigan and Alabama – Auburn are tied as the best. I love how much Bama and Auburn fans hate the other. Woody Hayes refused to call Michigan by name. At #3 I would go with Texas and Oklahoma. I have Florida St. vs Miami at #4. These teams had great games in 80s and 90s before both teams slipped in mediocrity. Nebraska vs Oklahoma was a great rivalry until the Big XII decided they shouldn’t play every year. The Big 8 champion was decided by this game almost every year. If Neb-OU was still current I would have it as the best.

• Like Like x 1
  15. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Lol, exactly.

I agree completely.

16. C_Breezy803

C_Breezy803 Walk On

Alabama/Auburn is a huge rivalry if you live in Alabama or if you're an SEC fan. Not that many people around the country talk about Bama/auburn as they do OSU/Mich, USC/Dame, or even Stanford/Cal. Each rivalry is based on what's at stake. This year, not much can happen for USC or Dame so that's not as big as the Iron bowl this year was. Here in S Carolina we feel the same hatred between Clemson/USC as Auburn/Bama feel in Alabama. If you're family went to Clemson, you're a Clemson fan from birth and you'll more than likely be going to Clemson, vice versa for USC. I'm sure the same goes for Alabama, you just have better teams than we do.

17. titangator

titangator Walk On

EVERYTHING depends on where you live

18. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

I agree with you both.