The Islander

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sweetness, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

The Islander

The OIU's newspaper.. Future games will be posted here.

2. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

The Islander

The Oahu Island Islanders
    Hope are high aswell as expectations for the Islanders. Last year was their first year at sports in which they won a National title under Coach Sweet. Lets hope our Islanders can do under great Coach Sweet, who has a great amount experience in Division 1. Look for a winning record this season for the Islanders.

3. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Game 1
    OIU Slaughters Tulane 59-10

Kai Penn over 250 yards and 4 passing Touchdowns

Tiki Pauli over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns

Game 2
    NMS 27 - OIU 24
    New Mexico State wins with last second Field goal.

POTG Kai Penn Over 250 yards passing

Game 3

Upset win over #3 Oklahoma 21-14

POTG Kai penn Over 250 yards passing 3 TD's

Game 4

Slaughter FCS Midwest 49-3

Kai Penn over 300 yards and 4 touchdowns

Tiki Pauli Over 150 yards 2 touchdowns
    Game 5
    vs Drifter.
    Will update after week 5

My write-ups are like this because I cannont remember what happened exactly.

My write-ups will be B-A+ quality starting next week.

4. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

I am so pissed I lost to BSU last night in OT I lost my write-up. I will throw in stats and game changing plays.

Kai Penn NCAA's #3 passing leader. 411 yards 4 touchdowns 3 INT's
    "Pauli got injured, that what killed us. We only ran 6 times." Said Coach Sweet after the game.BSU's offense had only one turnover, passing over 300 yards and rushing over 150.OIU decided to go for the win on a trick play in OT and lost it there. BSU threw a pass into triple coverage and he came down with it. OIU's defense looked like pig shit.

5. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Another game, another horrible showing by OIU's defense. Luckily, Kai Penn Broke his INT performance and went 21-30 for 333 yards 5 TD's 0 INT's. Coach White told us after the game that "Penn finally realizes he could be up for some big awards this year and next."

What was a dark and cloudy night in El Paso, many lights and noises were being made here Saturday Night. The game started off with a stop of OIU's defense, 6 and out. OIU's Offense came on the field with confidece, and a lot of it. Kai Penn was connecting left and right, not one pass missed. Perfect passes, perfect routes, finally a 32 yards reception TD by Ross ended the perfect drive. OIU 7 @ UTEP 0
    UTEP came out pounding strong and was able to score thanks to to Juggernautness of UTEP's Recieving Core. OIU 7 @ UTEP 7
    The same happened when OIU took the field again, more cocky than before. Kai Penn engineered a 2 play 89 yard drive. One pass was a 72 yard pass TD to Zach Robinson, the BEST slot-back in the nation. OIU 14 @ UTEP 7
    UTEP was held yet again and was forced to punt.
    This time OIU came out and tried to run the ball a bit more and was stopped.
    Back and forth OIU and UTEP went untill the 4th quarter, score OIU 28 @ UTEP 21.
    After a 3 and out OIU came on the field, where Kai Penn took his offense straight down the field in which looked better than The Drive. Scoring on 8 plays in 91 yards for a touchdown. The pass was to power FB Li Moi for 6 yards.
    OIU 35 @ UTEP 21

The game looked over, but Utah's Trevor Vittatoe didn't think so. Scoring on a measley 5 plays the Mines wereon 7 points behind with 3 minutes left.
    OIU 35 @ UTEP 28
    Hauli Christeansean recieved the kick and took it 55 yards back to be takled at the 45. The Islanders just ran the ball. On third down Tiki Pauli took the ball when he looked exsausted and was hit hard by 5 Miners. "The Ball's loose!!!!! We got er selvves a darn near game here!" UTEP tried to score, throwing 3 incompletions in a row. 4th down came and Vittatoe was sacked with no more time left.

6. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

The Islanders Passing Attack proves to be to much for SMU

Although Tiki Pauli was injured and will be out for some time, he still scored in 3 different ways. One was a 2 yard rushing touchdown, the other wasa 43 yard recieving touchdown, and the third was a 4 yard passing touchdown out of what OIU likes to call "Mystery". Scott Alvarez the back-up half back also threw 1 pass for 32 yards but no touchdown. Kai Penn went 24 out of 40, 446 yards, 3 touchdowns, and one INT.

OIU had a nation NCAA record breaker, he is Safety Jonnie Sellers. Who finished the game with 4 Interceptions and 1 for a touchdown. Eventhough SMU's offense was rated #8, they were shutdown. Senior WR Patrick Pratt single handedly dominated the Mustangs with 10 receptions for 241 yards and 2 touchdowns. His YAC was 136. He said this after the game "Hungry Hippos wide recievers, beat this against a top 20 passing D in the Nation!"

7. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

#25 Oahu Island dominates Appalacha, 35-7.

Waikiki Beach, Oahu-Saturday night was a night filled with hopes and glories. The rainy 52 degree weather in Oahu was rare, but both teams played threw it. This game was the game to see who would hold the C-USA West conference title. Appalacha coming off an upset by beating the Ridgebacks by only a touchdown. Both teams passing attacks are fierce, both quarterbacks the two leading passers in the NCAA. After the game, Kai Penn has 2882 yards in the season. Lets get on to the highlights.

Players of the game:
    Kai Penn 24-31 312 yards 3 touchdowns 0 INT
    Allen Alverez 19 rushes for 92 yards 2 touchdowns
    Appalacha MLB 7 tackles (4 TFL) FR
    Sorry, forgot to take stats, the first and last are right, middle is close.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sjFWLmU3XJI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sjFWLmU3XJI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    With only two passrushes Kai Penn is able to wait untill one of his recieves gets open for a touchdown.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vpA09tJiI94&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vpA09tJiI94&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​
    Appalacha's only score came off a pass to the fullback.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fo09S3P56Fg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fo09S3P56Fg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​
    The Nail in the Coffin. Patrick Pratt gets a 32 yard recieving touchdown to put OIU up by 28.

8. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

I really hate my team.;)

Lost 41-35 to ECU, fucking 7 Interceptions.. Anyone want to switch? I will be glad to switch with Anyone... My defense can't even hold a friking 72 overall HB to under 100 yards..