The Kansas City Chiefs - An In Depth Look

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Michael Overman, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

[​IMG]

The Kansas City Chiefs - An In Depth Look

[​IMG]

Please stay tuned for information including :
    Positional Breakdowns
    Positional Battles

Meeting the Rookie Class
    Meeting the Coaching Staff

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

[​IMG]

The QB's in the Stable:

Alex Smith (84 overall)

Chase Daniel (72)

Aaron Murray (68)

Tyler Bray (63)

Alex Smith enters training camp as the returning starter for the Kansas City Chiefs. Smith is a former first round pick out of Utah, and is known as being a very intelligent QB in NFL circles. He was labeled a bust early on in his career, but has devolved into a more then adequate starting NFL QB. He is not a top-5 QB and he is a not a bottom-5 QB.

QB

Alex Smith (84 overall) –

75-Speed 81-Accel

87-Awareness 84-Throw Power

87-87-64- Throw Accuracy Short/Mid/Deep

[​IMG]

QB Aaron Murry went to school at the University of Georgia and is just off his rookie season in the NFL. The Chiefs have an ideal QB situation for Murray as he can learn from a veteran QB and take his time. Murray will not be forced into the lineup, but the Chiefs are excited about what he brings to the table. It is possible the Chiefs already have their QB of the future on the roster...right now.

Aaron Murray (68)

[​IMG]
    https://www.dawgnation.com/football/aaron-murray-patiently-waits-his-turn

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  4. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

The WR Group:

I will say this for a team that threw the fewest amount of TD's to WR's in the entire league last season...I expected this roster to be much more void of talent at WR. Of course I was aware that they had signed J. Maclin and that would help...but beyond him, there are some guys that seem to be instant contributors. My favorite rookie WR is Chris Conley out of the University of Georgia (shocker). He has speed and size (6'2)...at the NFL Combine...he ran faster then a 4.35 40 yd. dash, and had high marks on his vertical leap and broad jump.

I have supersized the font on some Key Players and Key Attributes:

WR

Jeremy Maclin (88 overall 87-Speed 93-Catch)

Jason Avant (75 overall 79-Speed 84-Catch)

De-Anthony Thomas (73 overall 92-Speed 81-Catch)

Albert Wilson (73 overall 91-Speed 80-Catch)

Junior Hemingway (71 overall 86-Speed 76-Catch)

Chris Conley (70 overall 94-Speed 79-Catch)

Frankie Hammond (66 overall 90-Speed 72-Catch)

Donatella Luckett (59 overall 92-Speed 77-Catch)

A lot of speed with this group...Hopefully we can get their hands up to par. I always feel like speed helps at WR, but you do need that dependable WR that can snag balls and catch consistently. I'm very glad the Chiefs signed Maclin and brought in a proven WR with high catching marks and WR attributes. I can have a dependable WR who catches balls...while sprinkling in some youthful speedy types.

Meet Mr. Dependable:

Jeremy Maclin

[​IMG]

Meet the Speedsters:

De-Anthony Thomas - 92 Speed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris Conley - 94 Speed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^Guess who his QB was...Chiefs QB Aaron Murray

[​IMG]

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

The Current Status of the Chiefs:

The Chiefs now sit at 1-2.

@ HOU Win
    vs. DEN LOSS
    @ GB LOSS

ROOKIE UPDATE:
    WR Chris Conley

Lets take a look at highly coveted UGA WR Chris Conley, who electrified people in his college with his speed and ability to catch the ball. The rookie started off with some growing pains, but has continued to improve each game, which is what the coaching staff had asked for. Conley is #2 on the depth chart behind WR Jeremy Maclin. Conley has increased his yardage totals in each of his first three games: 11,53,63 yards. Conley has not scored yet, but there is time yet for that. Conley did act like a rookie when he allowed a Packers CB to out jump him and log two INT"s against him in week 3. Rookies are gonna be Rookies...but we don't want to see much more of that.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1