The last straw..

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by RynoAid, Oct 13, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

The last straw..

every other time i try to play a game i get disconnected... im up 14-0 on Oakland in the 2nd qtr.. and bam... disco.

i don't have time to schedule and reschedule... play and replay games. Im just to f-ing busy for that.

if the damn servers were stable it would be a different story... what a pile of shit EA calls online servers.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That sucks ass when it happens.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm tired of it too.

I wouldn't be surprised if all hell breaks lose come time for NCAA 11...

maybe a competitor or just everyone complaining and bitching about boycotting..(there already are)

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    NCAA servers have been good...madden's have been trash honestly.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That sucks, I mean I like NCAA way more but you'd think as their flagship they'd do anything to make sure Madden servers were running smooth.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I've been lucky enough to not have any server problems but I can honestly say I would never play this game if I wasnt in this league. The game is too slow and herky-jerky in my mind. Sometimes I feel like Im watching myself play instead of actually playing the game. Oh and Ryno you cant quit because after all " Winners never stop trying."

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

My last two experiences have been aweful with this game. Aganist the rams the game disconnected twice each time it was when one of us challenged the call.

And the last time against the Titans the game dropped for ?????.

Who has 2.5 hours to get a single game in.

Glad NCAA fixed its servers.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have not had a problem with madden.

Practice??

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agree on all 4 points! I've got a buddy who stops by once a week or so for football. He was a bigtime Madden head, but lately we almost ALWAYS play NCAA. I never trade in games, but if I did, this shit would be going back for FIFA!

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/YOUTUBE]

11. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

I must be all alone in this opinion, but I think the Madden gameplay mechanics are much more refined than before. The first time I played NCAA, it really seemed raw to me, and actually more herky-jerky (best word!). The action is definitely more intense in NCAA, but I went into my offline franchise in Madden and changed the speed to Normal and it's pretty good. The thing that screw me the most going from Madden to NCAA is the "touch" you have to give passes. Much harder for me to control in NCAA.

On the other hand, the support system surrounding Madden is best described as Horrid. I just can't believe a company as big as EA with a title as huge as Madden is having these kinds of issues.

12. ELITE B MAN

ELITE B MAN Guest

My game got disconnected this week...it really sucks. Hopefully they're working on a patch instead of more roster updates.

13. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I have had one game where there was some sort of disconnect but it was a freeze where we both had to restart our XBox 360s. (also play 360 not PS3.) I think the slower gameplay rewards gs who want ot read defense vs just running pick plays and throwing to the flats, or lobbing it.

I know that this is a sim community so dont take that the wrong way, but a lot of guys were used to running iso plays with a bruiser or toss plays with a speedster, and living on hook routes and streaks, and you just have to constantly mix it up more. we have one QB in SMFL who has 30 TDs to 12 ints. and another with 7 TDs and 30 INTs. both are something of the extreme. but it goes to show that its not a bad iteration of Madden. what sucks is the shallowness of the OF the inability to even compile accurate stats. and handle basic stuff that offline toolbuilders did a better job of on the PC side for years.

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

As a die hard NCAA guy who didn't buy Madden until this year, I actually like Madden more. I agree that the OF sucks because of the lack of depth and features they applied to it. Seems like they just threw it together at the last second.

The thing I like most about Madden is that it's true sim style. You and your defense can actually play defense. Offensively, you can actually read the defense and apply strategy.

But more than anything else, is that guys actually have to slow down to change directions. You don't just mash the speed burst button in this game.

Also, the timing on Madden is much better. For instance, on NCAA you can take a safety and read run and be in the backfield by the time the HB gets the handoff. This isn't as easy to do in Madden.

I really want to see them make agility a much larger consideration in the future. NCAA reminds me of a bunch of flies or waterbugs on the screen zipping from place to place without any hesitation or shown signs of accelerating. Just at top speed instantly.

15. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

I have had virtually zero server issues. I've had so few that I would attribute my few disconnects to a bad connection between my and my opponent or just an occasional 'twitch' of one of our ISPs.

I havent seen server disconnects complained about on community boards very much either.

16. brihahn

brihahn Walk On

I had two disconnects this week in the game during the Rams. The game takes so long at that point its not enjoyable. The first one was the worst becasue the Rams starting QB had just left the game with a injury. I thought nice I have a good chance to win...Nope disconnect makes injuries seem like a joke.

17. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

That sucks. I myself have only been disconnected once or twice ever. I did install my game to the Hard drive though, but now that I'm in Madden and NCAA leagues, I don't have enough room on my harddrive to install both games. I don't hear about NCAA disconnects as much as I do about Madden, so I'll probably keep Madden on my hard drive.

***Also, a good bit of info here. I found out that Walmart will exchange games without receipts, meaning if you scratched your Madden disc and it won't read, you can exchange it for a new one without a receipt. Did this myself last night as I found my disc wasn't being read by my system and there was a little, pinpoint mark in it. Now I got a new one and I'm all good again. Good to know info.

18. jfosh

jfosh Super

Its just 2 slow. Maybe a little bit faster. Im not saying NCAA speed.

But you are right about the shallowness of the OF. Even the web app. I spend all kinds of time in the NCAA dynasty going through the different stats and just looking at everything. The OF is just not as interesting at this point. I still cant believe the have the OF feature and no salary cap. Thats like NCAA without recruiting.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i don't have issues with how the game plays really, but the servers are garbage... and that is one thing i just can't overcome.

20. GoGators

To get around the disconnects I think it helps to connect your xbox directly to your internet box that the cable runs into from the wall. I think running it through a wireless router causes the disconnects.

For example, I had the cable come in from the wall connected to the black box comcast supplies. From there it goes to my linksys wireless router and from there I run an out ethernet cord to the xbox. It's this setup that I've had disconnects with.

After multiple disconnects and not being able to get past the team select screen, I disconnected the wireless router and ran from the comcast box directly to the xbox. I have not had any disconnects with this setup yet. Give it a try and hope it helps.

I think it's a combination of the servers being overloaded, think of how many 12 year olds at school have started multiple online dynasties and don't even play them. And when connecting through the wireless router you get some lag at times and I think that the programming is setup to boot you if this happens to get rid of those lag switches that kids were making to cheese in online gameplay.

21. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

That's it exactly. I've only been disconnected once or twice ever, and I run my Xbox 360 hardwired into my Cable modem.

As for the Speed, Madden is really not that bad on Normal Speed. It's a bit faster, but you can still Read the Defense and adjust on the fly. Normal in Madden is still slower than NCAA.

22. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I guess I've been lucky, I have not lagged out of game but I have had problems where it will freeze where you pick uniforms and playbooks a couple of times. In years past Madden's servers have always been superior to NCAA's

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im hardwired and disconnect 25% of the time.

24. GoGators

Then you should upgrade your ghetto internet connection (y)

haha

Since the connection problems seem to happen to certain people and not others, you could always try moving to a new address just to play xbox. I can see the real estate listing now.

"Short sale on beautiful home. Owner needs to relocate due to Xbox 360 Madden League. Act fast, this won't be on the market long!!!"