The Leeds United Story | FIFA 12 Career Mode

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Connor, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Connor

Connor Walk On

Today Leeds United appointed a new manager who plans to turn the club around and return their standing to that of the glory days.

The board assigned him a few objectives for the season.
    League objective: Fight for promotion
    Domestic Cup Objective: Reach the Round of 16

Personal objectives:
    League objective: Get promoted
    Transfers: Sign 2 new players

Friendlies for start of season:
    QPR
    VfB Stuttgart
    RCD Mallorca

These 3 friendlies will help Connor figure out where Leeds is strong and where they need improvement. Connor has big goals for this club and hopes to one day win the Premier League and Champions League consistently. This is where we'll track the performance of this club.

• Like Like x 3
  2. hedache

hedache Walk On

Any news on this??? I know you are two games into your season. Where's the transfer activity news, what happened in those pre season games? Either do your job like a man or never start threads like this around here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Connor

Connor Walk On

It will all be updated eventually. I have a paper due tomorrow lol.

4. Connor

Connor Walk On

Connor has sent Scout Jamie Diamond to England and Scout Leandro Izquierdo to Brazil, each for 3 months in hope to find young talent.

Transfer Rumors:
    Leeds seeking RB Miguel Torres --- no deal
    Leeds seeking American CM Michael Bradley --- no deal
    Leeds seeking CM Pirmin Schwegler --- no deal
    Leeds seeking CM Steven Davis --- Confirmed
    Leeds seeking CDM Ralf --- Confirmed, but insufficient funds
    Leeds seeking RM Vladimir Bystrov --- Confirmed

World Transfers:
    Drogba Chelsea-----> Inter Milan 22.5mil
    Sagna Arsenal----->Manchester City 21.5mil
    Toure Manchester City----->AC Milan 25.5mil
    Hernandez Manchester United----->Juventus 30mil
    Szczesny Arsenal----->Malaga 23.5mil
    Fletcher Manchester United-----> Newcastle 18.5mil
    Sneijder Inter Milan-----> Manchester City 71mil
    Hernanes Lazio-----> Manchester United 41mil
    M'Bia Marseille-----> Manchester City 27mil
    Gallas Tottenham-----> Manchester United 6.5mil
    Berbatov Manchester United-----> Stoke City 19mil
    Modric Tottenham-----> PSG 53.5mil
    Nani Manchester United-----> Napoli 30mil
    Cambiasso Inter Milan-----> Manchester City 15mil
    Kuyt Liverpool-----> Roma 8mil
    Anelka Chelsea-----> Inter Milan 16.5mil

Club Transfers:
    ST Becchio 74 Leeds -----> Nottingham Forrest
    RW Snodgrass 73 Leeds -----> QPR
    CM Vayrynen 71 Leeds -----> Southampton
    CM Steven Davis 75 Rangers -----> Leeds
    RM Valdimir Bystrov Zenit----->Leeds
    CB Kisnorbo Leeds-----> Watford
    CB Stadsgaard Malaga-----> Leeds

Loans:
    CDM Frimpong Arsenal-----> Leeds
    CM Usami Bayern Munich-----> Leeds

• Like Like x 1
  5. Connor

Connor Walk On

Friendly Matches:

Leeds United 2 - 1 QPR
    Campbell 34' :goal:
    :goal:Becchio 72'
    :goal:Becchio 47'
    In the first friendly of the season Leeds United played newly Premier League promoted QPR. This was an excellent test for the Leeds side as they got to judge where they are in terms of English Soccer. Leeds edged out a win versus QPR, hoping that win carries over to the rest of the season and translates to promotion. QPR came out with speed and control, but Leeds was patient in their approach and eventually got goals. They possessed only 46% of the game and had 5 less shots than QPR, something Connor hopes to improve.

--------------

VfB Stuttgart 1 - 1 Leeds United
    :goal:Cacau 16'
    :yellowcard:Okazaki 82'
    Forssell (pk) :goal: 90'
    Leeds United did not play as well as they did against QPR in this friendly. They still were out-possessed and had few very quality chances. They had defensive lapses that let to shots by VfB and the early goal. Leeds was lucky to get a pk, although it was a stone cold penalty. After this game it is apparent Leeds needs someone with speed and who can finish up top or in the middle.

----------------

Leeds United 0 - 0 RCD Mallorca
    Pereira 3' :yellowcard:
    It was a rather boring game as Leeds was not able to produce anything and was out-possessed 40/60. They were able to keep a strong defense and goalkeeping, keeping out 12 shots. Defense will be solid throughout the season, scoring will be the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Connor

Connor Walk On

FIFA 12 STORY--

Leeds United Many People's Dark Horses For Promotion
    Predicted Finish:6
    Leeds United will have to be tough and demonstrate tenacity and imagination to go with consistency if they are to remain in with a chance throughout the season. Along with Snodgrass, Forssell, O'Brien and White are all key players who be impact players for this team.

In an interview newly appointed manager said, "The dark horse is the perfect position for us to be in. The dark horse is the team no one expects to succeed, but has the capability of doing so. If we finish top 6 we will have a chance to be promoted. We are not looking to win the npower championship, the real goal is the premier and to reach that goal, all we have to do is be promoted."

• Like Like x 1
  7. hedache

hedache Walk On

Did you really say that?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Connor

Connor Walk On

In any followers are wondering? (hedache) I am updating the fourth post as the transfer window goes on. At the end of the transfer window I will make a new post with all the happenings for Leeds and the big ones around the world.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaMeffodMan

DaMeffodMan Walk On

Gonna start this over to get those CTT's in?

10. Connor

Connor Walk On

npower.JPG
    leeds.png 0 pts vs 0 pts doncaster.png
    Leeds United 0 - 0 Doncaster​
    :yellowcard:Kisnorbo​
    Leeds United controlled most of this game and should have won. They had a majority of shots and goalkeeper Lonergan didn't have to make a single save. The departure of top 3 players Vayrynen, Snodgrass, and Becchio is obviously hurting the scoring. The transfers have freed up a lot of room for Leeds and they hope to sign the big player soon.​

11. Connor

Connor Walk On

Already did man.

12. Connor

Connor Walk On

carling cup.JPG
    Round 1​
    leeds.png vs. leyton.png
    Leeds United 3 - 1 Leyton Orient​
    Lisbie 12' :goal:
    :goal:McCormack 18'​
    :goal:Forssell 40'​
    :goal:Nunez 90' ​
    Leeds United let up a goal early in the game on a play where there was an uncharacteristic defensive mistake and goalie mistake. The ball was dribbled up the sideline until he reached the 18'. The ball was then played across in an area where the defender or the goalie could have reached. There must have been some confusion between the two because neither went for the ball until it was too late and Lisbie scored. Leeds got the goal back quickly and were able to finish two more, including a dagger by Nunez in the 90th minute.​
    Nunez's goal in the 90th minute​

13. Connor

Connor Walk On

npower.JPG
    brighton.gif 19th (0 pts) vs. 15th (1 pts) leeds.png
    Brighton 1 - 0 Leeds United​
    :goal:Mackail-Smith 73' (pk)​
    Leeds has started the year off poor and is now 0-1-1. These results have come against weak teams as well. If Leeds hopes to be promoted they need to start to win. They outplayed the today in Steven Davis's first game from his transfer in. He played well, one of the best on his team for the day. Leeds should be picking up two more transfers before their next game and hopefully these two will turn things around. ​

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

I had started very bad as well but then after being at the bottom the first few weeks, I climbed all the way up top quickly, but then had a 3 game losing streak which seperated me badly from 1st place. Good thing is, it seems like point differential is pretty tight around the playoff area. So it shouldn't be too hard to hang in there. Although I'd like to secure myself a top two direct ticket to PL so that I don't have the very likely chance of losing in a playoff game.

Also recently, it feels like the better I play and get more chances in a game, more super human the opposition goalie is getting. A few games in a row opposition goalie was the man to save the day for his team.

15. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

This isn't about you. Go start your own Galatasatafadarasaray thread.

16. hedache

hedache Walk On

Oh wait till I make it about me. I will rename the topic when the time comes. Intrusion has started. I warned him not to open these doors here. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. hedache

hedache Walk On

I wish we could play npower all together in a NCAA fashion. Wouldn't that be awesome?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Connor

Connor Walk On

npower.JPG
    leeds.png 18th (1 pts) v 23rd (0 pts) coventry.gif
    Leeds United 2 - 2 Coventry City​
    :goal:Nunez 8'​
    :goal:Forssell 49'​
    Bell 56' :goal:
    :yellowcard:Forssell 72'​
    Jutkiewicz 77' :goal:
    Leeds United manager came off the field with steam coming out of his ears after this game. In the press conference he said, "We didn't gain a point here, we lost 2. This is the second time we have tied at home this year. We're making it difficult for ourselves and it shouldn't be hard. It should be easy. It's just soccer, excuse me football. I'm still getting used to coaching in England." By the end he seemed to have calmed down a bit. He added, "We showed signs of excellence in the first half and the beginning of the second. We just have to pick up our defense. At the beginning of the season I wouldn't have been expecting to say that. I thought our defense was solid." ​

19. hedache

hedache Walk On

The news article forgot to mention the fan behind the fence that yelled "maybe you should go back to USA you dumb shit" in regards of the "I'm still getting used to coaching in England." comment. And then spit towards the manager. Luckily it didn't make it far enough. The Leeds fans can spit only as good as their forwards can shoot.

20. Connor

Connor Walk On

Right now this is accurate. They'll love me soon enough.

21. hedache

hedache Walk On

They will love you when you get deported from England.

22. Connor

Connor Walk On

npower.JPG
    bristolcity.jpeg 24th (0 pts) vs. 17th (2 Pts) leeds.png
    Bristol City 0 - 2 Leeds United​
    Howson 9' :goal:
    Forssell 12' :goal:
    Leeds United got their first win of the year with two back to back goals from captain, Howson and leading goal scorer Forssell. Leeds United put in two new players loaned from Bayern Munich and Arsenal. Usami and Frimpong played incredible in their first game. Leeds used a new formation a 4-2-3-1 to get more chances on goal and to fit the players on their team better since they are heavily stacked in the midfield. Leeds looks to continue winning now. ​

23. Connor

Connor Walk On

I actually enjoy your comments. They make me laugh. But also they are like the views of people outside of the club. Angry fans that they turned to an american.

24. Connor

Connor Walk On

carling cup.JPG
    2nd Round​
    leeds.png vs. wycome.png
    Leeds United 1 (5) - (3) 1 Wycombe Wanderers​
    :goal:Forssell 17'​
    McCoy 43' :goal:
    After 120 minutes the game was still tied, after both teams missed many open chances. Leeds actually had more chances and more possession and diserved to win this game. McCormack, Bystrov, Davis, and loanees Usami and Frimpong all made their penalty kicks as one of their opponent's skied theirs. Leeds United advance to the third round, but will likely have tired players in the next game.​

25. Connor

Connor Walk On

The transfer window has ended and here are the big signings and Leeds signings​

World Transfers:
    Drogba Chelsea-----> Inter Milan 22.5mil
    Sagna Arsenal----->Manchester City 21.5mil
    Toure Manchester City----->AC Milan 25.5mil
    Hernandez Manchester United----->Juventus 30mil
    Szczesny Arsenal----->Malaga 23.5mil
    Fletcher Manchester United-----> Newcastle 18.5mil
    Sneijder Inter Milan-----> Manchester City 71mil
    Hernanes Lazio-----> Manchester United 41mil
    M'Bia Marseille-----> Manchester City 27mil
    Gallas Tottenham-----> Manchester United 6.5mil
    Berbatov Manchester United-----> Stoke City 19mil
    Modric Tottenham-----> PSG 53.5mil
    Nani Manchester United-----> Napoli 30mil
    Cambiasso Inter Milan-----> Manchester City 15mil
    Kuyt Liverpool-----> Roma 8mil
    Anelka Chelsea-----> Inter Milan 16.5mil

Manchester City, Manchester United and Inter Milan made the biggest moves.
    Manchester City received Sagna, Sneijder, M'Bia and Cambiasso. They released Toure.
    Manchester United received Hernanes and Gallas. They released Hernandez, Fletcher, Berbatov and Nani
    Inter Milan received Drogba and Anelka. They released Sneijder and Cambiasso.
    It appears Manchester City are the big winners of this transfer window, while Manchester United are the big losers. People are still wondering why United gave up so much for so little and why City were able to sign so much after just recently receiving, Aguero and Nasri.

Club Transfers:
    ST Becchio 74 Leeds -----> Nottingham Forrest
    RW Snodgrass 73 Leeds -----> QPR
    CM Vayrynen 71 Leeds -----> Southampton
    CM Steven Davis 75 Rangers -----> Leeds
    RM Valdimir Bystrov Zenit----->Leeds
    CB Kisnorbo Leeds-----> Watford
    CB Stadsgaard Malaga-----> Leeds

Loans:
    CDM Frimpong Arsenal-----> Leeds
    CM Usami Bayern Munich-----> Leeds

Leeds released alot of their best players from the beginning of the season but signed 3 big players and have 2 loans coming in that will help them the rest of the season. Connor is pleased with the progress and hope the transfers turn into results.

Just out of curiosity does anyone see this many transfers of big names in their own CMs?