The Light Blues - Zenit St Petersburg Offical News

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Dylema, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Words Travel Fast
    Could anyone a week ago have predicted that the club who never wanted attention, who never wanted praise would be drawing the attention of 2 clubs and creating a havoc that is spreading around the league. The spark was Dortmund taking advantage of the Lightblues sportsmanship and forcing a red card and scoring a goal off of the ensuing set piece.

Since then the manager's of both clubs have issued statements including Dortmund apologizing and suspending two players. Zenit's manager seemed to take his innocence in the event with a grain of salt saying it's hard to believe someone who is competitive and would want to win the game. Any comments could have been said with a wink and some finger crossing. Dortmund want to make piece but Zenit see them as their main rival's now and will stop at nothing to secure victory.

In an odd development out of this the Valencia manager took exception to words stated about the softness of the Spanish player. It seems he thinks that Zenit is insulting the Spanish defenders when that was not the case at all. He was talking about how easy the Spanish go down claiming every slight breeze is a foul. This was compared to the concept of the hardened German player who knows what it's like to get bumped, and how the manager of Dortmund claimed of tackling too hard.

What's lost in all of this is how terrible the ref was in the game not awarding two legit penalty claims by the Lightblues and then sending off a player under questionable circumstances. An official claim has been sent to the league offices appealing the card and requesting to never have the referee work their games again.

The outcome of all this is the quiet Zenit side we've all seen has found a voice and 2 new rivals. One that was created on the pitch and one that was created through the media but both are appear to have a real feeling to the club, it's players, and it's fans.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hedache

hedache Walk On

Don't get me wrong but those are not the two rivals you wanna make this season. You should aim higher :p

3. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

hedache, without OL..your nothing, before with galastesticles..you were but one of us -.- don't get me wrong, but if you found another team and not OL, you wouldn't be at the top

4. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Well I didn't pick the fights they did. ;) But it's not like I can beat you any way headache...in friendly's atleast. In league play it's usually pretty easy :p