The Lions Den

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

The Lions Den

[​IMG]

Feel free to ask some Q's and get some A's...

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

How do u feel your coaching has helped your team to a 7-1 record?

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

-How good does it feel to take on another #25 school in Ohio State and come out on top?

-What was your game plan?

-Is a trip to the Rose Bowl at all in your head?

- What do you still have to prove this year in the eyes of the voters to show you could possibly compete for a National Title.

Last Question....

- You and Ohio States head coach had some chocie words with each other over your top recruits alleged new auto-mobile. Was there some hostility in the game tonight; or have you called a truce since Terrell Pryor was caught harboring a Dog Fighting ring with Michael Vick's younger brother Marcus?

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I believe it is a team effort. Obviouslly, the 1 in that record isn't wanted, but it is there and we know it. Patient football has helped a lot. Believing in the run game is key. Playing smart defense is key. Most importantly, adjusting is huge. You have to be mentally tough and patient. Take the sack, throw it away, or possibly give the ball up. Make your choice.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

-How good does it feel to take on another #25 school in Ohio State and come out on top?
    It feels great. I was worried about Ohio St possibly ending my home winning streak. Theosubuck is a great coach and put up one helluva fight.

-What was your game plan?
    With Pryor being out and a frosh QB starting, I knew stopping the run was the most important thing. I didn't think he would NOT start Herron, that caught me off guard.

-Is a trip to the Rose Bowl at all in your head?
    It is there. But we have a lot that we need to happen first. Iowa is at the top of their game right now, and Minnesota is lurking in the shadows. Going to the Rose again and winning the Big10 is still there.

- What do you still have to prove this year in the eyes of the voters to show you could possibly compete for a National Title.
    We just need to win out. Sounds simple, but it is far from it. We have 4 games left, 1 more at Happy Valley. Our young QB needs to prove he can stand the pressure of a hostile enviroment. That is the main thing...that is what is in our control. However, there are teams ahead of us in the polls that are extremely strong that need to fall.

Last Question....

- You and Ohio States head coach had some chocie words with each other over your top recruits alleged new auto-mobile. Was there some hostility in the game tonight; or have you called a truce since Terrell Pryor was caught harboring a Dog Fighting ring with Michael Vick's younger brother Marcus?
    Nothing but good fun. No hard feelings at all. Penn State and Ohio State are bitter rivals to begin with, that game was due to be intense.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach who are the leaders on this team and how do the other players feed off of them?

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I think offensively, we have to look at our running back Stephfon Green. With his breakaway speed he can make a big play happen and give the rest of the offense momentum. Of course, Kevin Newsome has developed into a leader. He has filled the shoes of Daryll Clark and makes things happen.

On the defensive side of the ball, our linebacking core is one of the best in the nation. Michael Mauti had a huge game for us against Ohio State and really set the tone for the defense to hold OSU from scoring the game winning TD. Nathan Stupar has done an amazing job making big plays and interceptions. Stupar and Mauti have contributed 11 of the teams 19 interceptions. Bowman is a whole new beast in himself. He comes through in the clutch. This is Linebacker U, and this squad prooves it and drives our defense.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Green didn't get as many runs as I would've liked because he has a tendancy to get hurt. Newsome has definitely grown, but we are not a 50/50 run/pass team. We are definitely a run first offense, but let's face it, Green didn't see much of the ball to chew the clock in the second half because we panicked. After OSU got that interception that shouldn't have happened and made it a 14-20 game, we panicked. Which is one thing you do not wanna do in football. Brent Carter came in and made an impact on the running game as well. Do not be surprised if you see more of him in the last few weeks. He braeks tackles with his shoulders.

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

With that said, will you look to recruit a "bigger" back? Or will you continue to get guys who can run the sweep? :D

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

We like to keep BOTH options on the table. We like the 1-2 punch we can now deliver with Green and Carter. Wish we would have seen it earlier. Green is a Junior and should be around next season. Carter, unfortunately, is a senior and will no longer be with us in the future. We have a redshirt freshman who you will hear a lot of in the future. Maybe not as much next season with Green, if he stays, but Curtis Dukes is a soon to be break through back. He is a combination of both worlds. He is a 6' 2" 237 lb back with, currently, 91 speed and 90 trucking ability. Remember, he is a freshman and should only see improvement. We do not worry about his ball carrying ability either. It isn't GREAT, but it is currently better than our starters in Mr. Green. This kid is a bruiser. I will guarantee he will make a huge impact on Penn State football.