The Lisa Love Press Conference

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Darkwing, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

[​IMG]
    OFFICIAL RELEASE -​

This evening Arizona State Athletic Director, Lisa Love, has informed us Coach Nixon has stepped down as the active head coach of Sun Devils football. The coach sited not making significant progress in turning the program around as reason for his departure. It was a good couple years here in Tempe with him but he left a sour taste in our mouth as he said, "Real football is played in the East" apon announcing his decision.​

Many here believe the coach was forced out for 2 reasons:​
    1. The late season collapse. Losing to hapless Colorado and getting blow out by North Carolina in the bowl game.
    2. Nixon and Love no longer saw eye to eye. Lisa was swayed in her opinion of the coach by her close personal friend, the Cardinal head coach.
    As a result, many programs have contacted the man behind the inaugural PAC-12 Champs. Coach Nixon is here to announce his choice.....
    "I was convinced this situation would be the best for me personally and for my career after talking to my good friend who was ready to retire after his Hall-of-Fame career. I'm taking control of...."
    [​IMG]

2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Maybe the late season collapse can be attributed to Coach Nixon looking ahead to his new opportunities. I think there's more going on behind the scenes here...

3. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Hmmmm...maybe ;)

The 62 year contract I just signed to be The South Carolina ball coach made a big difference in my decision lol