Announcement The Longest Yard - Apply Within

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by RynoAid, Jun 24, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Welcome to the new XBOX Non-Premier Madden Connected Career Mode... "The Longest Yard". I am your commissioner and along with MRamirez and BlyGilmore, we will be building this league to be second to none in the TSO Madden world.

This will be a tight run ship with little room for dissent or wrangling over rules, scheduling or gameplay. A short leash will be given in the beginning and if you hang yourself so be it. This league will grow TOGETHER as one cohesive machine. There will be no room for spare parts.

Activity and sportsmanship are the pillars of what this league will be founded on. Fail on either account and you will be shown little mercy. My goal is to take this CCM premier at some point this year. You are either on board with that or you should not apply.

I've posted the rules, please read thoroughly. If you have a question, please re-read.. if you still have a question you're most likely trying to skirt around something so just don't ask it.

Come here with the right attitude, mentality and activity and this will be the best online football experience of your lives.

If your interested in a coaching spot, please apply here.... You use your discretion in what content your application contains... but it will directly affect our decision on whether you get a team or not.

One thing that will be required though.. you must sport the team avatar for our league once accepted. This is a way to bond our coaches and build awareness of who you are and the league you represent.

Thanks

AVAILABLE TEAMS

NFC South

[​IMG]

AFC South

[​IMG]

AFC East

[​IMG][​IMG]

AFC West

[​IMG][​IMG]

AFC Central

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Name: JSimms
    I've been a member of TSO Madden leagues for the past three releases, and hope that I am viewed as a contributor to the TMFL's recent turnaround. I have personally recruited several of the league's current members, which in several cases required a lot of sim gameplay coaching to ensure that they would fit in. I look forward to the prospect of doing the same for TLY, and making this THE premier league on TSO in '13.
    1. What is your availability? I generally work 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. That said, my role as a Managing Director at a boutique investment bank does occasionally require me to take 2 to 5 day trips (but no more often than once every 2 to 3 months.)
    2. Please list your top three team choices. 1. Minnesota 2. San Francisco 3. Any Team
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. I plan to choose one Madden league to be a part of in '13, and devote all of my free time outside of work & real life to being an active member and regular contributor on the boards.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? a very sim gameplay, a willingness to take on more content responsibilities, a good attitude & respect towards others in the league.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? DEFENSE, stick skills with the MLB, and ability to stay committed to the running game on offense
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? I've never been a solid passer in Madden; I tend to get impatient if I'm in the pocket for more than a couple of seconds, which typically leads to bad decision-making from the QB position.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? As everyone knows by now, my offensive scheme revolves around the running game and controlling the clock. On defense, I usually let my roster dictate the scheme that I run. I'm probably one of the few Madden league members that care more about my team defense rankings than how my individual offensive players fare statistically.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Going for it on 4th down in a situation that is unrealistic. Nothing like playing great defense for 3 downs only to watch your opponent go for it on 4th and 5 on their own side of the ball and then get it! I could also add to this list all lobby-ball tactics. My record in the lobby has been 0-0 since Madden '09, and I love it.
    I sincerely appreciate your consideration, RynoAid and look forward to being part of a great league in Madden '13!

Best regards,
    JSimms

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

It's no secret I don't have the best reputation right now. Having said that, I'm trying really hard to adhere to league rules and change the opinion of me around here. I believe I would be a good fit because I'm easy to get along with, very active/dedicated, and promise to put out quality content. I am determined to make myself a better person and player, and see this league as a good avenue to do so. I already see that you have TSO vets in this league and that's who I want to be in this league because I know their words of wisdom and advice will help me become a better member. I see this league has potential and would love to be part of it.

Time Zone: Eastern

Availability: For now is anytime, I will be getting my college schedule this coming week so, I will edit this with a more accurate Time Frame later this week.

Favorite teams: I am a diehard Philadelphia Eagles fan. After that, my second favorite team is the NY Jets. I'll take anyone else besides the Redskins or Cowboys

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I guess my biggest concern is your forum activity. Your post count is extremely low for the amount of time you have been on TSO. If given a team, how do you plan of improving that?

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

having one of the lowest feedback score in the TMFL is cause for concern. What steps have you taken and what will you continue to do to make sure your gameplay stays above board and improves to a standard where guys actually LIKE to play you?

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I would love the opportunity to be a part of the Longest Yard. I've only been a part of TSO for a few weeks, but I feel I've done my best to prove I'm a positive, productive member of this community in this limited amount of time. I know I can be a great member of this league. I've run both NCAA and Madden leagues on my own the last few years, so I am familiar with what makes good members and what members can do to help make the league successful. I'm a Washington Redskins fan, but honestly being part of a great league is my only concern. If I can be a part of that, the team I end up with doesn't matter. My general availability is 3:30pm cst- 9:30pm cst Monday thru Friday with my weekends free for the most part. As far as contributing league content, my strength is write-ups. I don't have much experience with any graphics or tables. I don't get my feelings hurt when I lose, and I won't have my feelings hurt if I'm not chosen. I know there are a lot of great guys here at TSO who have been here longer and have proven themselves. I plan on being in this category as well. If I can do this in the Longest Yard, that would be great. If not, I'll continue to prove myself here at TSO, and eventually I will be that guy who is a "no-brainer" when you chose your league.

7. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

What is your availability? I have 2 days off during the week and they change. On those days I am available all evening. On weekends until football season, I'm available afternoons. When football season starts, I'm not sure what my schedule will be yet. (I work in a sports bar) EDIT: I'm in the EST time zone.
    Please list your top three team choices. Chicago Bears. Kansas City Chiefs. Arizona Cardinals.
    Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. I'm currently in the TCCT PGA league. I will also be involved in an Ncaa Football league here in Tradition called 4th Horseman.
    If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Good competition (or so I think). A willingness to be an active member and make this league as great as it can be.
    Typically, what is your game play strength? Defense. I love the chess match of trying to outwit an opponent. Running game.
    Typically, what is your game play weakness? My passing game leaves a lot to be desired. Against other players, I typically throw 3 to 5 picks a game.
    Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? I typically play with whatever offense the team that I choose runs. Defensively I usually run with the Bears D.
    What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? The sideline to sideline scrambling QB.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

what team outside of Washington would you be interested in?

9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Ryno - I was not active the first two releases (M10 & M11), and did not become what I believe to be a valued forum member until the release of Madden 12, as most of my posts have come this year. There are definitely members that are more active on the forums than me, but I have become a common contributor to the chat box (which I know does not show up in post counts) and talk to many league members on AIM regularly. If chosen to be a member of TLY in '13, I plan to make it my only league and focus all of my efforts on stepping my content game up. I've always been a good creative writer, and believe that the league would benefit greatly if I were to put that skill to use more often. I can't promise to be the most active poster in the league (my work schedule will prohibit me from doing so,) but I can promise to improve in that area and understand that if selected, my membership will be short-lived if I don't follow through on that promise.

Let me know if you would like any more detail regarding the response above.

Just an FYI - I think it would be very beneficial if leagues (such as TLY) could have their own, private chat boxes on TSO. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
    JSimms

10. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Cleveland because Trent Richardson is from Pensacola and Baltimore, but I'm being sincere when I say I'll take any team to be in a great league. I'm not the type to flake out because I didn't get my team or I got a lesser team. I enjoy playing the game and the competition. If I'm in, I'm in until the release of 2014.

11. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

To be honest, I grew up playing with cheesey friends, and it took me a long time to get adjusted. I had to drop my win at all costs attitude, and have gotten to the point where I just enjoying talking to people and playing the game. All the criticism in TMFL was a major wake up call. I went back and read the site rules thoroughly. I know them inside and out, and have been actively asking guys to be critical of me every game. I really think I've made big strides already. I played I Peench, PaGamer, and sawemoff my last 3 games, and they all had good things to say. I'd continue to ask for constructive criticism and try to follow the rules as closely as possible. If you have any concerns, they'd be good guys to ask.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im a little concerned about your availability, looks like a pretty random schedule... it's 2 games a week, but on a tight schedule. Is that going to be an issue. Will you be extra proactive in scheduling your games? Every game will be a user game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

What is your availability?

I am available most days and night during the summer, but since i coach HS football in texas, my Friday/Mondays/Tuesdays are very limited from august through november.

Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first).

Browns/Texans/Ravens...yes, i am a browns fan for life, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE watching how the Ravens organization as a whole operates.

Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. TSO Baseline/Pushin for Paydirt

If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?

A great positive attitude, and a calm demeanor. I value the relationships aspect of an online league moreso than the competition. Meaning that if we are cool with one another off-game, the games become that much more fun.

Typically, what is your game play strength?

Very knowledgeable about football and I love the realistic philosophies of X's and O's

Typically, what is your game play weakness?

Stick skills...i am ok, just not a world beater by any stretch. I can hang with just about anyone with any team, but i usually do some stupid crap that gets me beat in the end

Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? I love to pound the rock to set up the short passing game. Defensively i believe in the 3-4 and ll that it stands for. it is the perfect defense for most all offenses.

What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?

When folks get down in games, they tend to bust out the cheese plays (rocket catches, slants, draws, etc,) then when confronted they justify it due to the fact that they were losing and they had to resort to bullshit.

Also, i apologize if this looks horrible, i am posting from a tent in the mountains of Colorado on my phone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ha... i was just there last week!!! where in Colorado? and what team do you want.. Browns are gone, but Texans and Ravens are both available.

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Im outside colorado springs, but spent all last week in gunnison/crested butte. Jaw droppingly gorgeous out there. Where did you stay?

Ill take Houston.

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we were in Durango and spent time in Silverton too. God's country

17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

No doubt. I can't wait to go to back next year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

"If you are still interested, please complete the following:"
    1. What is your availability?
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first).
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength?
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness?
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run?
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?
    -----------------
    1. I'm pretty flexible with only school and a part time job.
    2. Packers, and don't really have a preference after them. Every team is equally second to them for myself personally.
    3. Legendary Veterans for sure and D12 for sure.
    4. Experience as a commissioner and league member on TSO for two years. I'm active and try to be an addition to the league, not simply a component of it.
    5. I think I start out worse than most people but I'm a player who has a higher ceiling if I put the effort into practicing and logging game experience.
    6. Usually patience and being too reactive. I need to do a better job of not letting the opposition dictate the flow of the game or my play-calling.
    7. Ground and pound usually, and a 4-3 defense. I'm a traditionalist lol.
    8. Members who take extremes. Being sim is a balance/middle-ground, being super sim (thinking everything is cheese) or simply ignoring basic sim-style rules and always playing within the gray area (simply playing well enough not to get booted but you still piss everyone off) are not what these leagues are about.

19. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

1. What is your availability? Very easy to schedule games against. House husband and musician, so other than gigging a couple weekends a month, I'm always pretty open.
    2. Please list your top three team choices. 1. LIONS 2. Jets 3. Packers
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. NCAA Dynasty (1st and 10)
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Sim style gameplay, average skill on sticks, laid back attitude towards wins and losses, dedicated on forums and to my building my team
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? I'm a fairly average player, but I'm always trying to improve. I think I play my defensive ends very well (pass rushing) and run the ball ok.
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? I can not defend the pass very well. I tend to let the cpu handle the DBs, til last second.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? West Coast style offense, 4-3 defense.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?* I don't love it when people abuse mobile QBs, but I find a way to adapt.
    9. Time Zone? I'm EST, but I keep crazy hours, and have nothing but free time, so time zone is a non factor for me.
    *Really my biggest pet peeve is just sore losers. I take my losses like a man, and really hate it when others don't.

20. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

I work four straight twelve hour days and get four straight days off. It's on a rotating schedule. Two days from 6 am to 6 pm. Two days from 6 pm to 6 am. I always make my games though.I'm raising my two year old son by myself and have only missed one game since joining TSO.

(1.) Kansas City Chiefs (2.) Any team with a 3-4 Defense (3.) Any team

Since I didn't make the TMFL roster cut, I'm trying to join a Madden 13 League. The only Game I play on TSO is Madden.

I know I'm one of the newer guys on the Site, but you have to start somewhere. Since joining the site I have found out this is home of some of the best sporting gamers in the world. On this site it's all about strategy instead of cheese ball gaming and I don't think I will ever play games the same. I may not be the most social guy on the site but I do spend countless hours reading content and keeping up with the league. I try to abide by the rules of the league. I can also guarantee I will make every game. I'm still trying to improve my sim game play but feel like I'm pretty close to understanding the concept and have received an (8) on my peer reviews my first two seasons in the TMFL.

Defense- I'm pretty good at defending the pass and occasionally stopping the run. Stick skills

Offense- I get raddled when passing under intense situations and sometimes throw stupid passes and interceptions. I'm also trying to improve my rushing skills.

Offense- Balanced (Tennessee Titans)
    Defense- 3-4 (Baltimore Ravens)

Money Plays. I don't like guys that have one or two plays that can't be stopped and only run them on third down situations countless times a game.​

• Like Like x 1
  21. HTX24

HTX24 Walk On

HTX24

1. I'm available late nights and weekends. If need be mornings as well.

2.Texans(favorite team), Steelers(1st choice), 49ers(2nd choice)

3. Most likely will join a non premier NCAA league for new members.

4. An active forum presence and competitive sim gaming(without being an asshole of course)

5. The running game and short/intermediate passing game.

6. Defensively I'm not as good as I can be. Also down the field passing could improve.

7. Whatever scheme the team I play with has. I tend to choose teams that run more than pass though.

8. Going for it on 4th down no matter what the score is.

22. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I realize with me possibly getting in HK this would be my 4th league but I can handle it with the 2X a week advances. That doesn't mean I'll be putting off games until the last minute. I always try to schedule my user games asap.

1. Availability.
    During the week pretty much anytime after 6:00pm est. I'd like to get games started before 10pm but I can occasionally go later. Weekends are usually wide open.

2. Top Team Choices
    Colts, 49ers, and Dolphins (My real life favorite is the Ravens but I'm hoping to get them in HK.)

3. Current/Potential Leagues.
    Second to None, Trifecta, and hopefully Hard Knocks.

4. What I Bring to the Table.
    I'm not one of the best players and I don't put out the best content, but overall I think I'm very well liked among most of the members of the site. I bring a little bit of comedy to the league and as a veteran member I can help guide some of the newer members in the right direction.

5. Gameplay Strengths.
    Playcalling and catching my opponent off-guard.

6. Gameplay Weaknesses.
    Abandoning the run to early and forcing plays

7. Offensive/Defensive Scheme
    Balanced offense and 3-4 defense

8. "Sim Game Play" Pet Peeve.
    Doing things "just because there isn't a rule for it." Bouncing inside runs outside every play, "squib punting" every time you punt, stuff like that. Just because there isn't a rule for something doesn't mean it's ok.

23. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Haven't played Madden in 5 years, but getting a feeling I will be missing the bus this year if I don't. I want to know what all the cool kids are talking about on TSO, Plus I have a $20 best buy card to burn, so here we go:

1. M-Th 730-11pm est, weekends vary but can happen
    2. Steel Curtain!!, Panthers, Packers
    3. LV, OC, T3 That seems more than enough, but I am on xbox nightly as i don't watch TV outside of football. So its xbox or houswives of the you name the city with my wife and with only 2 games a week it shouldn't be a problem.
    4. I will bring fun competitive games and random banter on the forums
    5. I can adopt pretty well to my personell, game planning, and taking care of the ball
    6. user control LB/DB, i am lost in space and will usually just play on the trenches on D until needed
    7. On O ideally I like to balance it out and play traditional formations, keeps the defense guessing. but again I can adjust to my personell. I would prefer the ground and pound, because nothing is more frustrating then knowing the run is coming but not being able to stop it. On D I am a 3-4 guy and love to keep people guessing, disguising blitzes, dropping back extra DL and really value my DB's
    8. seeing the same $ play over and over to get users out of 3rd and long and yes running the same play out of a different formation is the same thing!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I don't foresee it to be an issue, although I do understand the concern. Would it help if I had two set days off, like Tuesday and Thursday? I've been playing around with the idea of asking for those set days anyway.

25. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Here's my question ... 4th quarter, you're down 3 with the ball and 2 minutes left. can you ensure you're not going to revert back to your old ways to try and get a W? Or can you stick to "straight ball" knowing it might lead to a loss?

Folks can say they've changed, but that's the real test there - staying true to the league's ideals when your back is up against the wall.