The Longest Yard League Guidelines

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by HotRod, Aug 20, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

The Longest Yard Guidelines

It’s very simple; this league will be as good as it’s members. In order for this league to thrive, we need for consistent activity and content. If we can all contribute to the league this will be a very enjoyable cycle.

The Longest Yard Leadership

HotRod – Commissioner
    JSimms – NFC Commissioner
    Kidofcrash23 – AFC Commissioner
    Blaza
    Raidernation

Game Mode
    For now the plan will be to use owner mode. Obviously it will be nice to have some hands on time to make sure the mode is legit but tentatively that’s what we will go with. I am a traditionalist when it comes to football games so relocations will not be allowed. I just don’t like the idea of a team in London or some other random city. We will allow for the building of new stadiums. However your current stadium situation must more than 15 years old and be in bad condition. TLY leadership must approve any stadium build requests. If you move forward with a build without approval you will risk being booted from the league.

Gameplay
    Most of us have been around the block on TSO and I expect for you to carry yourself according to the standard of TSO gameplay. Remember this is a SIM league and we will not be tolerating lobby gameplay.

Please refer to the league rules for all gameplay related rules.

One thing that will NOT be tolerated in this league is public complaints about a player’s gameplay. If there is an issue with someone’s gameplay please create with me Raidernation and your opponent so we can address the issue and resolve it like mature adults. We aren’t here to nitpick on gameplay. Complaints should be for LEGIT issues.

Examples
    · Repeating the same plays (constant curls, drags, etc.)
    · Not running the play as designed (i.e. constantly taking HB dives to the outside
    · Using excessive press coverage
    · Abusing game AI
    · Rolling out of the pocket with no pressure

Advances/Scheduling
    This league will be advancing every 72 hours. Advances will occur on mornings so there should be no issues getting the games in. Scheduling should be done in the scheduling thread. The reason for this is that we can keep track of game scheduling status and account for who is has not responded. If a team has not responded to a scheduling inquiry in 48 hours, they will go on AP, so make sure you are checking into the scheduling thread on advance day. If all games are finished before advance deadline we can advance earlier which could lead to quicker seasons.

League Content
    While not mandatory, this league will benefit from members posting content on the forums. Winning teams should take time to do a game summary. It doesn’t have to be a long article every time but it will provide the league a look into what is going on around the league. If you have a game capture device and/or the ability to broadcast games you are encouraged to do so. There are plenty of people who enjoy and would like to watch other games from around the league. Highlight videos are also a nice touch to game summaries. There are plenty of things to write content about, be creative and provide some good content from time to time.

Trades
    Trading is not a huge part of building your roster in the NFL and it will not be the main component of building your roster here in The Longest Yard. Trades will also be up for review from a trade committee consisting of elected, trusted peers.

Trade Committee TBD

Trade Committee Process:
    · Team owners come to an agreement in private
    · One owner creates a conversation (PM) with the other owner, also inviting all members of the trade committee
    · Other owner acknowledges the trade, completing the validation
    · Trade committee votes on the trade.

Trade Format (PM format when owner submits proposal to Trade Committee)
    · Original Contract Length - purpose of calculating cap penalty
    · Remaining years left
    · Original Bonus $
    · Players current salary that are involved in trade
    · Cap space less rookie reserve (applicable in off-season)
    · Cap penalty loss or cap savings
    · Estimated Cap space remaining after trade

Requirements for Trade Committee Approval:
    · 3/5 vote if no trade committee members are involved in the trade
    · 3/4 vote if one member of the trade committee is involved
    · 2/3 vote if two members of the trade committee is involved

Trade restrictions:
    · Teams are limited to ONE in-season trade ATTEMPT each season.
    · Teams are limited to THREE off-season trade ATTEMPTS each season.
    · Teams are limited to ONE revision per trade ATTEMPT.
    · No rookies or 1 year veterans may be traded
    · Trade deadline in season is week 8.
    · Maximum of 2 players involved per trade, per team.
    · Maximum of 3 total assets involved per trade, per team. (i.e. 3 draft picks, 2 players/1 draft pick, 1 player/2 draft picks)
    · Trading players during the NFL draft is prohibited.
    · Unlimited trading of draft picks during the draft.

Free Agency/Waivers
    Free Agency
    You will be expected to manage your cap space wisely. When making free agent offers you can offer only 1 year more than the desired contract length. You are also expected to offer a reasonable signing bonus to players.

Waivers
    Waiver requests will begin after the draft. All requests will be made via google form (more info later). Original waiver order will be by last season’s record/draft order. Deadline for waiver requests will be the 10 PM the day before advance.

NFL Draft Classes
    I would like to use NCAA 14 draft classes, but need to test it out to make sure it is a viable option.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  2. HotRod

Featured Threads:
  3. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Read and understood

4. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Got it.

Not bitching, but I don't understand the reason for not being able to trade 2nd year players?

All good though.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Because its rare that 1st or 2nd year players are traded. Trading in general in the NFL is not very common, yet owners in leagues tend to think they need to trash their whole team for no apparent reason with the justification of "im trying to build my team from the ground up" or " i looking for players that fit my system". You build teams with 1st or 2nd year players and any high rated player can fit just about any system .

Simply, prevents trading just to trade.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Precisely, 2nd year pros rarely if ever get traded IRL. The rationale for these rules is to prevent from teams making drastic changes every season just to change the team. Because of salary cap penalties and such teams have to build upon what they have. The goal is to draft wisely and upgrade positions through FA if you can.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

Read and understood

9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Last question, start date? Waiting for updated rosters with cuts before we start?

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Thinking probably the Monday after release, need to make sure we have a good set of sliders. Also need to test out NCAA draft classes and go through owner mode so I can create some more specific guidelines. Instead of using the actual preseason we can just do head to head online games so starters won't be pulled out after the 1st quarter.

• Like Like x 2
  11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Understood.

12. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Read and Understood

13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Understood

14. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Read and understand. Can't wait to get it on...

15. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

16. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

17. Ben Huh

Ben Huh Walk On

Got it

18. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads: