The MAC Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Philstyle3005, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]

Standings:

MAC (East)

[​IMG] Miami Unviersity 2-0 6-0
    [​IMG]Buffalo 2-1 4-3
    Temple 2-2 3-4
    [​IMG]Kent State 1-2 3-4
    [​IMG] Ohio 1-2 3-4
    [​IMG] Akron 0-2 2-4
    [​IMG] Bowling Green 0-3 3-4

MAC (West)

[​IMG] Toledo 3-0 7-0
    [​IMG] Western Michigan 3-0 7-0
    [​IMG] Central Michigan 2-1 4-3
    [​IMG] Northern Illinois 1-2 4-3
    [​IMG] Ball State 1-2 3-4
    [​IMG] Eastern Michigan 1-2 1-6

Passing Leaders:
    1. Western Michigan Alex Carver 147-262 2,649 20 tds 17 ints
    2. Temple Chester Stewar 122-275 2,373 18 tds 26 ints
    3. Bowling Green Matt Schilz 124-229 2,107 18 TD 12 ints
    * All 3 are 1,2,3 in yards in the entire NCAA as well.

Rushing Leaders:
    1. Miami Ohio Erik Finklea 158 1,008 11 TD 1 Fumble
    2. Buffalo Branden Oliver 113 760 10 TD 0 Fumble
    3. Kent State Jacquise Terry 144 717 4 TD 0 Fumble

Defensive Leaders:
    1. Ball State MLB Travis Freeman 35 tackles 7 TFL 1 INT 2 FF
    2. Temple SS Justin Gildea 34 tackles 5 TFL
    3. Akron Brian Wagner 34 Tackles 8 TFL 2 FF 1 FR

User Teams:

MAC East

[​IMG]Miami Ohio-
    Key wins- Auburn, Bowling Green, Kent State.
    Key Losses- None

Miami is the leader to win the MAC East right now, but their schedule is brutal to end the season. They face two current undefeated teams in Toledo and Western Michigan, and also have to face division rival Buffalo in a game that could decide who represents the East. Holding Kent St. off in a 4th quarter comeback attempt was very huge, and could be the reason why the win the division.

[​IMG]Buffalo-
    Key Wins- Ohio, Temple
    Key Losses- Northern Illinois

The loss to NIU was a big one since it was a conference game, but Buffalo still has a shot at winning the division. They have a much easier schedule to finish he season than Miami Ohio does, so if they can beat Miami, they should win the division. Week 9 will be a huge game week for the MAC East.

[​IMG]Kent St.
    Key Wins: Ohio
    Key Losses: Miami Ohio, Northern Illinois

Losing the game to Miami Ohio was a heart breaker for Kent St. Had they of pulled that game out, they'd be in a 3 way tie for the conference division. With that loss though, it pretty much ends any hope of them winning the division. They still can finish out the season strong and possibly go to a bowl game, but their remaining schedule isn't easy.

[​IMG]Ohio
    Key Wins: Ball St.
    Key Losses: Kent St., Buffalo

Ohio was very close to pulling off the upset over Buffalo, which could have put them in great position to beat Miami Ohio later in the season and send themselves to the conference championship. They couldn't pull it out though, and instead, are in a tie for 3rd place with a not so easy schedule to finish the season.

[​IMG]Temple
    Key Wins- Ball St.
    Key Losses- Toledo, Buffalo

Temple has 2 conference losses, one against the favorite to win the West, the other is still in great position to win the East. It would be tough to see them make it to the Conference Championship game because of those two losses, but with a favorable schedule to end the season, anything could happen, but they would have to defeat Miami Ohio for things to work out.

[​IMG]Akron
    Key Wins: Cincinnati
    Key Losses: Temple, Ohio

It's been a rough year for the Zips who haven't notched their first conference win yet, but hopefully they grow from the tough losses early on and finish out the season on a strong note. They do have a tough schedule to end the year on, so it will be interesting to see what happens. If nothing else, they'll be able to grow and get better for next season.

[​IMG]Bowling Green
    Key Wins- Idaho
    Key Losses- Western Michigan, Toledo, Miami University

Bowling green has yet to win their first conference game, but it's safe to say they've had the toughest schedule of anyone in the conference yet. They have losses to 3 teams that are still undefeated. A brutal schedule will always make the team better for next year. They have a very tough schedule to end the year as well. Easily they've had

MAC West

[​IMG]Toledo
    Key Wins- Bowling Green, Temple, Arkansas
    Key Losses- None

Toledo almost ruined their perfect season before coming back to beat Bowling Green in the final quarter. They now face off against Miami University in a game of the undefeated teams, who also hold the #1 spot in each of their divisions. Toledo also has 2 games after that against Northern Illinois and Western Michigan

[​IMG]Western Michigan
    Key Wins- Northern Illinois, Georgia
    Key Losses- None

After a near scare from Connecticut, the Broncos have really been rolling, mostly because of the arm of Alex Carver. They do however have 2 undefeated teams left on the schedule in Toledo and Miami Ohio. Western Michigan has to beat Toledo if they want to go to the Conference Championship game.

[​IMG]Northern Illinois
    Key Wins- Buffalo
    Key Losses- Western Michigan, Central Michigan

Northern Illinois has a big game with Toledo coming up in Week 10 that could decide how the rest of their season is going to go. A big win there could give the team the momentum it needs to finish off the season strong, especially coming off a win in Week 8 over Buffalo. A loss could put the team on it's heels and be fighting for a bowl game.

[​IMG]Ball State
    Key Wins- Buffalo
    Key Losses- Temple, Ohio

Ball State has had a decent season so far, and picking up a big win over Buffalo is huge from a confidence stand point, but it doesn't look like they'll be fighting for a spot in the conference championship currently. Granted that all can change since they still have the 3 teams ahead of them left on their schedule. If Ball St. can win out, they could make the conference championship game, but it will be a very tough task to do, and they'll also need some help from the other teams.

Kasper Last nights PM had me ready to do some content since I haven't been able to in a while

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Great job Philstyle3005 .. also I am feeling a little inspired between this and the recent happennings. Look for Al and Mr Madden to make a comebacj tonight! They will go over the season so far (will go off this) and will make some predictions for the rest of the year!

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Also NIU has gound an offense: Mississippi State (basically Oregon with some different non shotgun formations). What did you think of it last night -Cougars- ? I was feelin good running it.

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

That's the offense I run. I like everything in it besides the fact that it doesn't have a normal goaline.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Kicked my ass with it, I had the exact same PB and it's a great spread PB.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Oh I thought you ran Oregon.. yeah i like the pistol formation to give me another downhill running formation.. I wish the fleXbox One wasnt in it.

Damit I want a playbook only I use :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

That's what I had previously ran, but switched it up this year since we were using new teams and everything. Just wanted to try a new spread playbook.

8. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea, I ran the Oregon PB with Clemson, and I have also tried the Mississippi St but didn't really like it for some reason. The only reason I picked Miami(OH) was to us their pro style PB, a PB I have used since NCAA 10. lol

9. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!