The Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by YoungC_804, Aug 6, 2012.

1. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

Welcome to the Miami Herald where you get up to the second info in regards to the Miami Hurricanes!!

2. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

Oct 14 (AP) Coming off an emotional and hard fought win against Notre Dame, the 14th ranked Miami Hurricanes welcomed an 5-1 North Carolina team to Sun Life Stadium anxious to get over a 17-14 loss to Virginia Tech. In a game that could reshape the Coastal Division and bowl seeding, Miami looked to continue riding the emotional wave of winning its 1st 6 games of the season.

Miami started off slow as they punted on their 1st couple of possessions but the defense definitely came to play. As Miami led 3-0 and the end of the 1st quarter, the defense began to ratchet up. First forcing a fumble on the Kickoff and proceeding to score, Miami forced Bryn Renner to throw 3 INTs and took control of the game and a 27-0 halftime lead. Stephen Morris constantly reminded of the 5 INT game against ND, came out and played within himself and the offense. Morris threw 3 1st half touchdowns, en route to a 251 yd 4 TD day as Miami controlled the clock the 2nd hald to win 34-14. Mike James led the way on the ground with 77 yds on 17 carries and Denzel Perryman defensively had 14 tackles, 6 TFL and 1 sack, while senior CB Brandon McGee had 3 tackles and 2 INTS.

When asked about the game Stephen Morris said, "I think we played a pretty good game. We came out a little too hype being that we were playing against some guys that are from Florida (Gio Bennard) and they were talking trash. Coach Moaranus told us to calm down and play Hurricane football and thats when we began to take over. My offensive line gave me ample time to find my WRS and my success is all because of those guys."

Coach Moaranus thought his team played good but thinks they can play even better. "If we can come out with that same intensity we saw in the 2nd quarter at the beginning of the game, I feel we can be a very successful football team. Today Stephen stepped up from his lackluster game against ND and showed great poise and perseverance today against a great UNC defense. I felt the defense today played as well as you can ask a defense to play except for the mental lapses in the 4th quarter where we gave up a garbage TD and offensively the running game is getting to where we want it to be."

Miami will next week host the #3 ranked Florida St Seminoles, as part of a 3 game home stand which concludes with #4 Virginia Tech. If Miami can come away from these games unscathed, there is no reason to think Miami can not run the table and possibly play for a BCS Title.