The Miami Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jul 21, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

The Miami Hurricanes

Hurricane Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I"m glad you asked!

The U is back! At least on XBOX 360.

KEY LOSSES

OFFENSE: Kayne Farquharson-WR, Khalil Jones-WR, Chris Zellner-TE, Xavier Shannon-C, Chris Rutledge-OT, Reggie Youngblood-OT, Robert Marve-QB (transferred)

DEFENSE: Antonio Dixon-DT, Dwayne Hendricks-DT, Romeo Davis-SLB, Glenn Cook-MLB, Bruce Johnson-CB, Anthony Reddick-S

The future looks bright. I have 16 returning starters including Jacory Harris, Aldarius Johnson, and Graig Cooper. All three of these kids will have great seasons. We'll know where we stand by the end of September with user games in Tallahassee, and Blacksburg and a home game against a very strong Georgia Tech team. If we can come out of that stretch 2-1 or 3-0 it sets up a HUGE game 10/3 when Oklahoma comes to Miami!

Regardless of what happens this year, this team will recruit top notch talent and will be a national championship contender soon.

3. BDSDIGITAL

2010 Week 2 #19 Miami @ BYU

Miami 55 - BYU 34

Provo UT-

In what started as a laugher turned into a heavy weight fight quick, and ended with a spectacular knockout.

BYU and Miami produced 89 points, over 1000 yards of offense and countless highlights. This game was back and forth until the fourth quarter when Miami finally had BYU on the ropes and forced a few turnovers to seal the game away.

Miami produced 293 yards on the ground with 6 tds. Graig Cooper accounted for 190 of them and 4 TD's to introduce himself into the heisman chatter. Jacory Harris was very accurate with the football, as Miami stretched the Cougar Defense. He threw 2 td's and 4 picks. 3 of those interceptions were a result of spectacular plays by the Cougars who definitely came to play. IF Miami wasn't so loaded on offense things may have turned out differently. The Hurricane Offense was just way too fast for BYU.

[​IMG]

the offesnive player of the game was Graig Cooper who had 28 carries for 190 yds and 4TD's.

The Defensive player of the game was Shawn Spence with 9 tackles, 1 for a loss, and 1 sack.

Not a bad way to start after starting last season 0-4. Miami is in the top 25 to stay.

4. BDSDIGITAL

2010 Week 3 Mia 21 Pittsburg 24

Pittsburg PA.

Miami stumbled in their second game losing to the Pitt Panthers 24 -21 in a game that Miami desperately wants back. We had plenty of chances to win and just couldn't capitalize. Up 21-17 in the 4th quarter with the ball inside Pitt territory Jacory Harris took a sack on 3rd and 9 from the Pitt 30 to knock them out of field goal range and make the first down almost impossible to get. Pittsburgh got the ball back and went down and scored to take the 3 point lead with 1 minute to go. Miami got the ball back and drove it down to the Pittsburgh 35 when this happened:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9526505

Now clearly that wasn't a fumble....but I couldn't challenge it, ruling on the field will stand, game over.

The Good news: I learned a valuable lesson on these sliders, and gameplanning before conference play started.

The Bad news: I lost a winnable game.

[​IMG]

Miami will almost assuredly drop from the top 25 but gets their shot at revenge against Georgia Tech next week. We've been waiting for this one for a year. Payback's a bitch Jackets. :mad:

5. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

WOW! You were robbed.

6. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Yeah, that is a weak way to lose....

7. BDSDIGITAL

I know. It wasn't even close right? I don't think my receiver even touched the ground. It was incomplete. I still had 20 seconds and time for at least one more quick play, a spike and a shot at a field goal to send it to overtime. Those are the breaks though, what can you do. At least it wasn't a conference game.