The Midnight Snack S2: Weeks 1-5

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

Cal Daily News:
    "California fans will accept nothing less than a Bowl this season. Coach Jayrah is in "must win" territory"

3. Jayrah

Cal's Jay on Qb situation after game one produced Maynard 10-18 156 1td 1int and Pierce 1-6 with an int:

"The young guy's learning. That was not a good experience for him. We need to get him in a win-win situation. He'll learn. Zach meanwhile had us thinking we made a mistake for the first 3 qtrs with our decision to start him, but all competitors have their moments. The 4th was definitely a booster for him. Hopefully now he carries it forward. He can't play like that first half and expect to win again. He's got to be more in control. He's got some good tools, now he just needs to figure out how to use them.

The situation itself hasn't changed. We promised Pierce a chance to play this year, and he'll continue to do so. Learning on the fly."

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coach Dru on rumors that the NCAA is again on USC's campus investigating illegal benefits being paid to returning seniors Matt Barkley and Brice Butler - "I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't give a **** about the NCAA and their stupid investigations. There is nothing illegal about an Escalade with custom rims and a 20,000 watt sound system being left in Brice's driveway, or Matt getting taken out to dinner and clubs by his new girlfriend Olivia Wilde.....what, no, she is NOT a USC booster....where was I? Here at USC we will continue to play the way we want to, treat our players the way we want to, and that ain't changing just because we don't happen to play in the Big 10 or SEC."

A reporter was heard leaving saying he was thankful Coach Dru didn't decide to expound on his feelings for the NCAA rulebook again.

5. Jayrah

The California Gazzette had posted an interesting story in the preseason about Ohio State being "the most overrated football team in 2012." However the writer had predicted a loss to Stanford in week 3.

When asked about the writer's prediction on an OSU 31-20 win @ Cal this week, coach Jayrah replied: "Um, I don't know what you want me to say. I won't talk about us losing a game when we expect to have a chance to win. I will say that the key to us winning is limiting big plays, and no turnovers! Every big game last year we lost the turnover battle in each, including giving up a score or 2 while WE were on offense! It is a major focus to turn that around this week."

6. Dru50

Coach Dru after the big road win vs Penn St - "Heck of a win and a great performance by Jesse Scoggins in relief of Matt Barkley. He came in and made plays with his arms and legs and helped his team get the win. Jesse's performance shows that USC is getting back to the days where the competition in practice is just as intense as what happens on Saturday, and that helps all of the guys on this team bd ready to contribute and make plays when called upon."

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Coach Worgum on the UCLA loss: "This is a major blow to the program. We just didn't show up to play. A win against the Bruins would have been big in terms of this season and in recruiting. I believed there was a strong possibility of building a nice little win streak, with Colorado, UCLA, ASU, Arizona, and USF on our initial schedule. We now must return to Pullman where we will start preparing for the Sun Devils."

8. Dru50

[​IMG]Coach Dru to Coach Jayrah on their upcoming game - "Just bring it!":D

9. Jayrah

I know you're pissed about last year's ugly showing, so you'll come into Berkley looking to prove a point. Unfortunately for you, I plan on sticking it in the zone this year. It'll be brought!

10. Dru50

Surprise - we played in Berkley last year. This time you are in my neck of the woods.;)