The Midnight Snack S2: Weeks 11-15

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

bucsfan047
    I realize you are now Nebraska, I will update your team for 2013 season on my picture board.

3. Jayrah

Coach Jay on OSU:
    "That was a disaster. This was the game we needed to win to give us some momentum. We started and ended flat today. Played a great middle portion and had the lead late but just gave it away. Our defense has killed us at times this year. I don't know whether we're not comfortable with the new scheme or what, but we may be changing some stuff come next season. Right now we have to find a way with what we have. And of course we have the most difficult closing schedule in the Pac 12. Oregon and Stanford are not going to lose the game on their own, we have to go out and beat them, start to finish.

I sure hope we can close at least one of these deals and assure ourselves a bowl. After last year, you never know with a 6-6 record."

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

no worries

5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

"Peter Badovinic is too full of himself after his 7 TD and 452 yard game against Minnesota. Walking around like he's the King of Spartan Football. We're going to start his backup Andrew Maxwell against Iowa this week to show him that it's about the system and not any one player". - Mark Dantonio

(self imposed sanction for running up score with my starter)

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Coach Worgum: We are enjoying the the bye weeks. We are practicing hard and getting ready for our final two games of the year. I believe we will earn a bowl bid this season, we just need to win one of our last two games to become bowl eligible, but we are going to win both to make sure we get an invite.

7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Rex Burkehead after another Nebraska loss against Rival Iowa:

What am I even trying for?

8. Jayrah

Although Cal lost to Stanford 21-13, Coach Jay was happy with the effort of the Golden Bears, saying in the post game press conference:

"Gotta be honest, we haven't played that hard all game since I've been here. I'm very proud of our competitiveness. We didn't take plays off, we executed our gameplan. We just didn't catch enough breaks early. Zach played a terrific game, besides the final pick but he was trying to make something happen there. Can't fault him down 2 scores with less than 2 minutes to play. Defense played inspired football, offense played ball control. I can't complain. Now we are going to get ready for a Bowl! I know our seniors are pumped up to be playing an extra game this year. And we're still a relatively young team, so we'll grow a bunch this off-season and be ready to make a jump next season."

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Stanford Coach Cheez following a 24-13 win over Cal

Great start, but we have to play a full game. The first quarter plus was amazing - maybe the best I've seen us play this season. But we have to play a full game. It was terrible watching our team lose our fire and become complacent. This CAN NOT happen again. These guys are in for a very hard week of practice for the poor effort.

10. Jayrah

And the promised tongue lashing commences. Personally I think my team got sick of being thrown around and played up to their capable level. But ill never convince Coach Cheez of this :D

11. Cheez

my team played down to your level, period. I'll give you your due - your team played well.... but we played poorly.

12. Jayrah

Yes, well. I knew that would be your response.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wake me up when USC is ready...you slackers ;)

14. gowazzucougs

Coach Worgum on the Apple Cup: This is a big game for the team. We win, and most likely we are going bowling! The Huskies have something that belongs to us, and we are going to take it back, and keep it for a long, long, time.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

USC v UCLA...a trip to the Pac 12 title game at stake. Should be fun, or a blow out. Im hoping for fun!

16. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Do we know what the tie-breaker is? I'm guessing that it's by BCS ranking, which might mean UCLA could go to the CCG game regardless of the outcome of our game.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I have no idea...I doubt if you beat me, I would be ranked higher than you in the BCS rankings anyways. But head to head I would think would be the tie-breaker.

18. gowazzucougs

Coach Worgum: This sucks, I mean we were this close to be 9-3, but instead finish 6-6. Maybe next year if the team is improved we won't need to go to overtime with Cal and Arizona and win those games in regulation. As for the Huskies, the Cougs are improving and we will get them next year.

19. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Unless roogy's team lost another game while he has been away I think if USC wins the game we would have a 3 way tie atthe top of division.

20. Cheez

I didnt lose a game for him yet. When is Roogy supposed to be back - in other words, do I need to play for him again in week 14 or are we waiting for him.

Lastly, I have no recruiting or game as Stanford, so if I dont hit the green button, I'm just letting you know im done.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I forgot about Arizona, no offense Roogy

22. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I looked up tiebreaker procedures, but didn't find much for PAC 12 specifically. I believe it starts by comparing records between tied teams against each other, and then it moves outward to look at games vs the top teams in the conference. At a certain point if a tiebreaker cant be determined it's random draw.

23. Cheez

that was under the old system i know - but with the divisions I believe that they have gone to a BCS tiebreaker

24. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

That would make the most sense. Nice and easy.

25. Cheez

Source: Wikipedia

Team selection criteria

Division standings are based on each team's overall conference record. In the event that two teams are tied, the head-to-head results between those two teams serves as a tiebreaker to determine who will represent the division in the championship game.
    [edit]

Three or more-team procedure

In the event that three teams are tied, the following criteria shall be used as tiebreakers to determine who will represent the division in the championship game:
    1. Collective head-to-head record among all tied teams
    2. Record of the tied teams within the division
    3. BCS component
    In other words: Head to head, division record, BCS record.

Now, this could be a big deal, depending on who you guys lost to.
    USC: Currently 2 division losses (Arizona, Utah)
    UCLA: Currently 1 division loss (Utah)
    Arizona: Currently 1 division loss (UCLA)

So, here are the possible Conference Championship Game scenarios:
    UCLA:
    1. Win (vs. USC)​
    Arizona:
    1. Win (at Colorado) and UCLA Loss (vs. USC) - Arizona advances via 2nd tiebreaker​
    USC:
    1. Win (at UCLA) and Arizona Loss (at Colorado) - USC advances via 1st tiebreaker​