The Midnight Snack: Weeks 1, 2, 3 & 4

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jayrah

Welcome to "The Midnight Snack"!

This is the place for all the quick notes & quotes about your team, as well as inevitable one line banter with your rivals throughout the dynasty. These threads are meant for short content to keep everyone updated, not game reviews. This should be fun and fast. Every 4 weeks I'll re-post to get a fresh Snack-fest up and running. ENJOY!

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Coach Worgum, on hosting the Badgers: "We are going to play hard, they may have more talent, but we are going to play hard."

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

USC on getting 3 commits in week 1 - "It's a nice start, especially since two of re hits will provide depth in the secondary next year, which will be sorely needed. I am disappointed that the top recruit in state has us so low on his top 10, but hopefully he'll give us a chance to change his thinking."

5. Jayrah

Coach Jay on this game: "This would be a great win for the Pac 12 to start on. Its a big game for WSU to show they're back to competing after a horrible run the past couple years."

6. Dru50

Btw - love the graphic in this first post Jayrah.

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Coach Finch- "I am thrilled that Denard Robinson has survived week 1 , he tends to get a bit ouchy sometimes"

8. Jayrah

:)

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

gowazzucougs
    I knew you were out of town this weekend but I didnt realize you were at the World Cup Final ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jayrah

Cal's Coach Jay on week one recruiting:

"We have hit the trail running this year. This is something the previous staff did better than any Cal staff before it was recruit, and I know it was a concern for the fan base around here. I hope our preseason signings send a message that we are here to surpass all expectation and be the most consistent staff that Cal has ever seen. We have 4 out of that first week and we have some other big time guys that we're trying to snag. We'll stay at this all year long until we meet our goals!

Our early gem of the class is RB Chris Hughes. He's very well rounded with some power and lateral ability, although not as fast as Cal has seen. Reminds me of a smaller Marshawn Lynch. We're sure Stanford was after him pretty hard and it's exciting for our staff to reel him in so early.

Another big signing for us was G Brent Barry. He is a huge man. 6'7 315 and can move a little bit. We envision him as a starter down the road."

11. gowazzucougs

As I tell my wife, Cougs are everywhere, even in Germany for the Women's World Cup Final

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We play American football.
    [​IMG]

13. Jayrah

Coach Jay Davis on the last minute win:

"Big win for the confidence of our boys. They fought hard in the second half and found some big breaks. The defense deserved that win, and the offense gave it to them. A team effort like that will allow us a chance down in Texas next week, but we gotta find some more room for Iso and Cavaughn in our run game.

Zach Maynard will get the start. He played well in the 2nd half and earned it. Either him nor Brock have earned our confidence yet though. Still a feeling out process. In a perfect world we want Zach to play as much as possible so we can roll him into next season. But nothing's near perfect right now. Found some of the old magic for the win though ;)"

14. Dru50

You also like women's soccer.

15. Jayrah

:D

16. Jayrah

And Stanford's nat'l title is gone :p

17. gowazzucougs

It is not officially gone, remember it is the first game, many of teams have lost early and gone on to win the NC. However if Stanford loses to OSU, then it is over.

18. Dru50

Coach Dru on starting Dillon Baxter over Marc Tyler at HB - "Dillon shows the ability to burst through the hole and get our offense the big play, which is not Marc's strong suit. We expect him to continue to have a great year for us."

On WR Robert Woods going without a catch in the game - "The looks weren't there for Rob on the few times we threw the ball, but I'm not going to complain when Barkley goes 9-11 throwing and we win by 20+ points."

QB Matt Barkley on the big game by WR Brice Butler - "Brice is going to be the 'Randy Moss' of our offense this year. If I see him in single coverage going downfield, I'm going to put the ball out there and let him try and make us a play. Defenses better be wary of bringing the safeties down to help vs the run this year."

19. gowazzucougs

Coach Worgum: . . . (Coach Worgum is twiddling his thumbs on his second straight bye week)

20. Dru50

Scheduling is a bitch ain't it?

21. gowazzucougs

I know it sucks. I open with Wisconsin, get my ass kicked. Then have to wait two weeks before playing another game.

22. Dru50

Sorry about that man, but the only way I could get the user game schedule to work was to move your bye weeks around. I tried to be nice with you OOC CPU game to make up for it.

23. gowazzucougs

I know I have Idaho, hopefully I can beat the school 8 miles down the road. It is a long walk to Moscow.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You would think by now, that EA would have figured out a more user friendly way to do schedules for OD's. Its my least favorite part of the season for sure! Forest got a taste of it last year when he did the final season schedules for the NO's.

25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Actually I think you can custom the conferences so that you determine what week conference play starts without changing the teams, so I think it can make it easier..... but no way to manipulate all the conferences