The Midnight Snack: Weeks 10-14

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

Coach Jay on Qb situation:

"We'll make a game time announcement for that. We haven't been comfortable with it. It's between Zach Maynard and (Fr qb) Kevin Boehm. Ucla will have to prepare for both."

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

After looking at your team's statistics, I think your offense might just be challenged. It looks like you have decent running backs, but none of them are studs i.e. Chris Polk, LeMichael James. Then your wide receivers are not ranked in the Top 25 in terms of yardage and receptions in the conference, so it might not be all your quarterback's fault. When I look at your QB's completion percentage it is the lowest of all users in the PAC-12, but it is just below Tuel's percentage. You have the third most's attempts, but the amount of completions seem very low compared to your attempts. Of course you are not afraid to pass like your cross Bay rival Cheez.

Of course the reason why CAL struggled last season and did not beat Oregon was because they had no real offense, which in my book equates they have no quarterback.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We're ready for whoever shows up to play QB for Cal...been looking forward to this one! Should be another good one between Coach Davis and Coach Deuel!

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez on playing USC:

This is the biggest game of the season to date for us. If we win, we are going to fully establish ourselves as the team to beat in the Pac 12. If we lose, we have to win out to get another shot. Simple as that.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Penn St

Week 13 At Ohio St.
    Week 14 Vs Wisconsin

For the fate of the universe! or at least the Big 10 Great Plains.

7. Jayrah

We have dropped some bigtime passes, especially vs SC, but the accuracy of Maynard has been generally awful the past 3 weeks. Boehm could light a spark and will be the best of our current group when all is said an done, but brings less awareness and intangibles to the table right now because of age.

Still gametime decision. I'm weighing the balance. Definitely rushing a bit more either way tn.

8. Jayrah

Coach Jay after the Ucla loss:

"We're not happy with our line play. Our coaching staff will be working very hard to get it straight. They cost us the game tonight. We had some chances downfield and couldn't even complete our play action fake! That's not acceptable.

Meanwhile we are going to change qb's again. We switched near the beginning of the 3rd and Boehm gave us a nice spark. A bad decision killed a drive with an interception, but besides that he was collected enough. He's only a freshman and we think he will be a very solid qb. We're looking toward the future a little bit, but at the same time, he'll get an opportunity to grow and have a chance to win games now while our defense does its thing. We're still looking at a bowl with a win at home against Washington State and another win somewhere, so we're not done.

Our line has to play better though. We need to dangle some cookies in front of them and let them chase em for a while."

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coach Dru after the big win vs Stanford - "That's one heck of a team, and I'm just glad that our passing game finally started to show up. We have a couple of tough conference games vs Washington and Oregon before we start our new cross town rivalry with Zach over in Westwood, but controlling your destiny in the national title picture with 3 games to play certainly does not suck."

10. Cheez

Coach Cheez on the loss to USC:

We gameplanned for 4 quarters - and we won 4 quarters. When we play them again, we'll gameplan for 7 ;)

11. Dru50

I'm not the one who chose to replay the whole game, we can just call you the Marty Morningwhig of our league from now on.

12. Cheez

not exactly sure what you are referencing here to be honest.

13. Dru50

Marty Morningwhig when he was coach of the Lions once chose to take the wind instead of the ball when winning a coin toss in an overtime game vs the Bears. One of the dumbest coaching decisions of all time (the Bears got the ball and won on a FG without the Lions ever getting the ball) that pretty much cost him his job.

I was attempting to correlate your bad decision to play the whole game again to this.....but obviously I missed the boat (and the lake the boat was in).

14. Cheez

No, I dont think you missed the lake - the correlation is there. Im just too much of a youngin' to understand all of the old timey references. :D

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

It happened in 2002...you weren't in diapers then, at least I hope you weren't :)

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

lol cheez we are the same age and i remember that game haha

17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Don't worry I did the same thing against recchem

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We'll maybe Dru and I will play 7 quarters and see what happens :)

19. Dru50

God, I hope not. I have a hard enough time carving out one hour for my user games. Too many more of these 2 hour marathon games and you guys may need a new commish when my wife kills me.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Nose goes

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just have your wife play as USC against me to even up the odds ;)

22. Cheez

I'll take your job

1st order of business: Recruiting sanctions against Cal. 10 scholarships per year for 5 years + 5 year probation

Jayrah

23. Jayrah

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

24. Cheez

Not harsh enough? :)

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Coach Deuel on getting shut out by the Trojans at the Coliseum on Saturday:

"F*ck!" then he left the press conference.

Ironically this was the same thing he did the week before after losing to Colorado at home.

• Like Like x 1