The Midnight Snack: Weeks 5, 6, 7 & 8

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

How bout da Bears?! A wild OT victory in Seattle to jump start the Pac 12 Conference Season. Coach Jay's thoughts:

"It was big. We need to learn how to close out the game when we're inside their 20, up three with under 2 minutes left. We have to finish that. But besides that, really proud of the effort. We showed determination in the game and I wasn't sure how flat we might be coming out of the Penn State game. Zach Maynard cemented his spot as our season long starter in this game.

Oregon is going to come after us. We gotta be totally prepared. They're really good!"

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Coach Worgum: This was an outstanding game played by the kids. We showed a lot of heart, and didn't give up in the second half when it appeared the game was slipping from us. We are going to be ready next week for the Bruins.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coach Dru on the Trojans undefeated start - "It's a nice beginning to the season, but our goals are still out there to be met. I told the kids that first and foremost we were looking to win the conference, and the wins over Utah and Arizona St will help us get there. But we have a tough game this week with Arizona coming to LA. A win in this game would be great for our recruiting efforts, as we have a number of our targeted recruits coming in. I'm looking to return USC to being a national recruiting power, and this week will help us get there."

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Coach Fickell on conference play starting

"This is where you put up or shut up. There are no new gadgets or tricks you can pull out. These teams know you better than you know yourself. Its time to just line up and knock the piss out of each other for 8 weeks. The top two teams will be lucky enough to do it 1 more time in Indy for a trophy. It doesn't get any better than this...."

6. gowazzucougs

Coach Worgum after the loss to the Bruins: "This is disappointing, we had this game circled for a long time on the calendar. We will get them next year."

On the questionable decision of going for it on 4th down 7 inside the Cougars 40 yard line with a little over 5 minutes remaining in the game: "I was looking for a momentum changer, the Bruins offense had been dominating our defense during the second half, in addition I feared if we punted the ball, we may have never saw it again."

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coach Dru on usc's recruiting class-"I'm very pleased with how our class is coming along. We've signed all but 1 of our initial targets and about half of the class projects to be from outside the state of California, which was one of our goals this season."

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

From Coach bucsfan047's twitter: Due to medical reason's i have been absent from my team and have yet to coach them in a game. I am confident in my assistants though and hope to return before the season ends. Thank you's to Northwestern Fans and family for their best wishes.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez on backing up "trash talk" of Washington State:

The Cougs will have every chance tonight to prove me wrong. The way our guys are playing, I don't see it happening. We have completely done a 180 since not showing up in Columbus, and have won 4 straight. Today, we make it 5 - and then we start working on 6 tomorrow.

10. gowazzucougs

Coach Worgum on the Oregon State game: "Fuck, our kids played so hard and to lose that way is horrible."

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez on the win over Washington State

We won... but I have to give Coach Wazzu and his kids credit. They played as hard as any team we have played all year, and deserved a closer game. Every lucky break went our way, and we made the most out of them. But Coach Wazzu showed me that given a few years at that program, he will be a force to be reckoned with. I will never take that game lightly again.