The Midshipmen Report

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by MorsDraconis, Oct 10, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

The Midshipmen Report

Navy Blog

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 2010 Player Stats

Passing Statistics
    Name Comp Att Yards TD INT Rating
    Kameron Smith 14 25 204 2 2 141.7
    Ricky Dobbs 0 1 0 0 0 0.0

Rushing Statistics
    Name Att Yards Avg TD Fum
    Andre Byrd 26 122 4.6 5 1
    Kameron Smith 40 102 2.5 1 2
    Alex Teich 18 91 5.0 0 0
    Michael Stukel 5 50 10.0 0 0
    Vince Murray 10 49 4.9 0 0
    Ricky Dobbs 2 8 4.0 0 0

Receiving Statistics
    Name Rec Yards Avg TD Drops
    Mario Washington 4 65 16.2 0 1
    Greg Jones 4 44 11.0 0 0
    Andre Byrd 3 80 26.6 2 0
    Alex Teich 2 31 15.5 0 0
    Vince Murray 1 4 4.0 0 0
    Michael Stukel
    Gary Myers
    Doug Furman
    Ben Carter
    Cameron Mason

Defensive Statistics
    Name Tak TFL Sack INT TD
    Kwesi Mitchell 17 3 0 0 1
    Kevin Edwards 16 0 0 0 0
    Wyatt Middleton 14 0 0 0 0
    Trey Grissom 12 2 0 0 0
    Marcus Jackson 11 1 0 0 0
    Tyler Simmons 10 0 0 0 0
    Jabaree Tuani 10 0 0 0 0
    Michael Robinson 8 4 2 0 0
    David Wright 7 0 0 1 0
    Eric Graham 7 2 1 0 0
    Kori Cumberland 6 3 2 0 0
    Darrell Jenkins 6 0 0 0 0
    Jarrod Shannon 4 0 0 0 0
    Brian Blick 2 0 0 0 0
    Jared Marks 1 0 1 0 0
    Colin Renton 1 0 0 0 0
    Kelvin Jackson
    Billy Yarborough
    Ryan Paulson
    Francis Archibald
    Chase Burge
    Ken Phillips
    Aaron McCauley
    Chaz Turner
    Neil Doogan
    Zach Luke
    Reginald Reed
    James Olson
    John Angelo

Kicking Statistics
    Name FGM FGA FG% Long
    Kyle Delahooke 1 1 100 47

Punting Statistics
    Name Punts Yards Avg Net Yds Net Avg TB In 20 Long
    Kyle Delahooke 9 382 42.4 329 36.6 1 4 53

Punt & Kick Return Statistics
    Name KR KR Yds KR Avg KR TD PR PR Yds PR Avg PR TD
    Andre Byrd 8 201 25.1 0
    Mario Washington 3 79 26.3 0 5 51 10.2 1

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 2010 Recruiting Board

Rk Name Pos Rat Status
    1 Robert Martin Ath :5stars: -
    2 Marc Beck Ath :4stars: -
    3 Brad Matthews Ath :4stars: -
    4 Jeremy Burton HB :3stars: -
    5 Geoff May Ath :3stars: -
    6 Travis Henry SS :3stars: -
    7 Isaac Johnson CB :2stars: -
    8 Edward Irons MLB :2stars: -
    9 Jeremy Howard Ath :2stars: -
    10 Jim Atkinson Ath :2stars: -
    11 Bryant McIntosh TE :2stars: -
    12 Slade Johnson DE :2stars: -
    13 Rob Smith Ath :2stars: -
    14 Josh Warren Ath :2stars: -
    15 Brent Morris OC :2stars: -
    16 Rob Ross OLB :2stars: -
    17 Brandon Garrison HB :2stars: -
    18 Don Thurman DT :2stars: -
    19 Seth Hall QB :2stars: -

Seniors: 16
    Total # On Roster: 68
    Total Allowed: 18

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Early Season Changes Leads To More Questions

After an absolutely embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Buckeyes last weekend, the Navy Midshipmen decided to make a change at offensive coordinator.

Enter a young, barely known man by the name of James Vernon.

This will be his first offensive coordinator job, having served as the Offensive Line Coach for Air Force under their previous famous head coach Fisher DeBerry and then current head coach Troy Calhoun.

Vernon is just 28 years old, having served his country in Afghanistan and Iraq on consecutive tours. Before that, Vernon played at Georgia Southern as an offensive guard for two seasons, before he tore a ligament in his left knee, ending his career.

"There were several reasons why we decided to make the change, but mostly, we wanted to bring in a new fresh set of eyes and mind to add to our offense. Coming from being at Air Force for so long, we think he'll be able to add to our offense and really make it a force to be reckoned with in both aspects of our offensive play," said Athletic Director Chet Gladchuk.

Now the question remains, can this new offensive coordinator truly help a team that's been so fundamentally built from the top to the bottom at doing nothing but running the fleXbox One triple option?

"It's not about what he can do this season," said head coach Ken Niumatalolo. "It's about what he can do for us several seasons down the road. We certainly don't expect him to come in and immediately start making such drastic changes that we see a completely different offense on the field."

"The fundamentals will always be there for us to be a power run football team. We just have to start making the changes gradually to become more balanced."

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

First Bye Week Of Season Gives New OC Time To Adjust

After last weeks sudden change in offensive coordinators, all eyes have been on Navy's practices during the week to see what type of changes, if any, would come from the new addition of Vernon.

"Of course we're practicing some new stuff," said Vernon. "They wouldn't have brought me in here if they didn't want to change up their offensive scheme some but that in no way means we're going to deviate away from what has been Navy football ever since it's inception. That would just simply go against everything that is Navy football tradition."

Very little has leaked from the closed practices that Navy has started holding since the addition of the new offensive coordinator.

"We didn't want any distractions coming in from the media to interfere with our practices for this week so we decided to close them off to the public," said head coach Niumatalolo.

"We have decided instead of allowing that, we'd be better off if we practiced in an enclosed area without outside interference. Instead of the normal media stuff, we've decided it's best for us to hold weekly press conferences where the public has a forum that allows them to ask questions about our progress and that we go from there. Look for our next one come Monday morning after we get back from Louisiana."

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Note to self. Recruit all of these guys!!

Obviously joking mors... good luck man!

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm certainly not going to recruit all of them, but the :4stars: and :5stars: guys are going on my board!

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Bring it!

My stalwart naval discipline is unchallenged! We make these boys into men and they respect and love us for it!

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Navy Plays Barn Burner, Closes Out Against LA Tech

[​IMG]

Navy - 66
    La Tech - 43

Navy's offense showed what it could do under new Offensive Coordinator James Vernon by putting up 342 yards of rushing on 66 carries and adding 136 yards passing.

Player of the game Andre Byrd only had 103 of their rushing yards on 17 carries, but he scored 5 TDs on the ground and had 3 receptions for 80 yards and added 2 more receiving TDs.

The Navy offense was unstoppable and it started to look like Louisiana Tech wasn't going to put up much of a fight, but then they returned a kickoff for a touchdown, changing the momentum and started what would be a game where both offenses put up a total of 109 points combined.

Kameron Smith - 8/14 for 136 yards 2 TDs

Andre Byrd - 17 att for 103 yards 5 TDs

Andre Byrd - 3 rec for 80 yards 2 TDs

[YOUTUBE]S-WzCyrL1A0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cIwh2NPyDVc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MiA9JflNzhI[/YOUTUBE]​

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Scene opens to a podium on a stage with Navy Blue and Gold tapestry behind it sporting the Navy logo of Bill the Goat

*several voices can be heard low in the background as a 6'4" light skinned man walks on stage*

Coach James: Thanks for coming today everyone. Without wasting any time, let's get to your questions.

Reporter: What's your feelings about the offense so far coach?

Coach James: They're a great bunch and they want to win. They were embarrassed by Ohio State the first game of the season and they wanted to prove that that wasn't the team that they are and I'd say that's exactly what they did. 66 points is great no matter who you're playing.

Reporter: Offensively, Navy seems to be continuing right where they left off. Do you think anything will change for that by the end of the season?

Coach James: If by do I think we'll be throwing the ball more, absolutely. There are going to be games where we'll be relying on Kameron to carry our offense more and then there are going to be games where Andre and the gang carry the load more. That's the case with any team that's multi-dimensional. You just hope you're team is one of them.

Reporter: You're in the midst of a 3 game road trip coach. What do you think will be the toughest part of it?

Coach James: Keeping the offense focused. That's always a challenge with long road trips like this, especially when you have the type of opponents we'll be facing during it. You want the guys to take it one game at a time, but it's hard not to look at the next two teams coming up and think about them.

Coach James: Thank you everyone. We will have a longer one next week as we are traveling again and need to get to our next game and get ready.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Just letting everyone know that I will be doing a blog on blogspot here soon, once I have time to get everything together so look for it soon.

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

A conversion! Nice...

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Blog is up. It looks like shit right now, but I gotta go to bed.

Let me know what I can do to make it look better. I know the color scheme isn't great but I was tryin' to use Navy's normal colors but their gold color from their pants and helmet is impossible to replicate with hex color codes.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I think it looks really good...My question for you and for Jello is this: How do you get those kinds of margins where your text goes all the way side to side? And how do you get that division of color from the main area (yellow) and the left sidebar (blue)?

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I don't know about him, but mine is just one of the templates from blogspot.

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Hmmmmm, do recall the name of it or could you go look it up and let me know?

17. jello1717

Ditto. Mine is the Tekka template.

Dashboard ->
    Layout ->
    Pick New Template ->
    Tekka and there's also a few other templates that do what you want.

The Fonts and Colors tab (in the same line as the Pick New Template tab) lets you choose the colors.

18. jello1717

Oh yeah. And the blog is looking good already Mors!

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm going to try to find a better color for Navy's gold pant color though I think it would look better with the black background instead of yellow for the main part.

Anyone know how to do the video and photo stream stuff? I know how to add them and everything, but I couldn't figure out how to add my own photos and videos.

20. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Tekka, got it...Thanks. Do you happen to know if my stuff I've already done will transfer over to the Tekka template or would I have to start over? I def. DO NOT want to start over. I love looking over all of my old posts.

21. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It should definitely transfer just fine. Mine did.

22. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

23. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Kind of shocked to have read an article about the passing game rather than the option attack. Nice job Mors! Good luck against tAFA

25. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Kansas State decided that they were going to shut me down running the ball (plus I forgot to change my playbook to Air Force from Navy so I was stuck with nothing but fleXbox One stuff and it was frustrating me to see them constantly stack the line and not be able to do anything about it).

Air Force is going to be a fun one. I have some interesting questions planned out for "this weeks" Monday morning press conference.