the most annoying thing about week 1 college football

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

the most annoying thing about week 1 college football

I was looking forward to it and it was a great reunion.... :)

But what's with the proliferation of players throwing the fucking ball at the umpire (who is trying to raise his arms in the touchdown or make another type of call) before he's ready? JUST PUT THE FUCKING BALL ON THE GROUND AND THEY'LL PICK IT UP WHEN THEY WANT IT!

I saw the texas HB knock the umpires hat off by scoring and immediately underhanding the ball at the ref who was just starting to put his hands up. And numerous other similar instances where they're not asking for nor wanting the ball and the idiot player throws it anyway.

why am I so annoyed, I Have no idea.

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Part of the problem is in the ruling. The rule is Rule 9-2, Article 1(a)(2) asserts that "After a score or any other play, the player in possession immediately must return the ball to an official or leave it near the dead-ball spot." So basically after you score a touchdown you have to give the ball to the official so that is exactly what most coaches tell their players, give the ball to the official. Now most officials aren't going to call anything if you drop it on the ground but why give them the opportunity. With that said most players today are getting ridiculous about it and just throw/toss the ball at the official as soon as they cross the goal line, like Tre Newton did for Texas.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Its called style points brah!

BTW I thought you were gonna say Jake Locker :D.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good info man. HB for NT looked incredible yesterday. What a player. Imagine how many yards he'd get behind say Alabama's line... lol.

The Jake Locker hype was a joke.

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya Lance is definitely a special back. We were lucky to get him, his high school coach was our WR coach and was one of the reason he came to North Texas. If he were running behind a Big 12 or SEC offensive line he would be in heisman talks I think.

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I think the most annoying thing about week one is the NCAA not making a ruling on these athletes that are being investigated

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And to add to that is that if they celebrate with their teammates with the ball in their hand its technically a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Them boys just want the ball outta their hands so they can celebrate/congratulate each other.

Don't know how the Texas HB tossed the ball but I'm pretty sure I've seen how you described the situation plenty of times though. I'm a showboater myself. If I broke I'd high step (no penalty if you celebrate before a TD back then plus my favorite player was Deion Sanders) into the endzone but I'd hand the ball to ref and just jogged back to the sideline like THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, lol. Now that I officially have no shot at the NFL I wish I would of pulled out a sharpie or something. I'd pay to stand in the middle of Jerry's House and disrepect that star:)

8. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I'm with you on that I have always been one COCKY SOB when I play I will talk to you and let you know what i'm bout to do. Almost got put out of a game cause i would shut up. i was guarding a lil dude (5'5) WR and he thought he was gone catch a pass on me. REF told me to shut up cause i was talking bad to the dude. Its all about having fun. that why we play the game. Let them have fun!!!

As far as disrepecting the Star?? I would say Shyt on it!!! Yup G-Unit if you read this i said it!! and you can tell the rest of the COWGIRL Fans too!!:D

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

GSU, been bugging me for a while. Correct the spelling of Terrapin. Thank you sir.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah i think more people need to disrespect that sorry star

11. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Mybad didn't even notice it

12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I'm just giving you crap man, I grew up enjoying Terps basketball, so it caught my eye. GO SH, smack the Crop. LOL

13. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

you can talk about my spelling bout dont talk bout my league! those are fighting words! might have to make an adjustment to those match ups

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

By extension, Darvin Adams is now the least annoying player around. I liked that! lol classy move bro!

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

the annoying thing is that you make a post about something in college football being annoying...

who the hell cares its COLLEGE FOOTBALL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

+1 Helli's an idiot! (y)