The new sliders so far

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Nov 5, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The new sliders so far

I must say after playing slow Mississippi state, my guys ran through them. The guys i recruiting for speed finally were able to show it. Now.... i think we should up cpu rush defense another 10 or so because it's still a tad unrealistic in favor of us this time.

When my 96 spd 95 acc freshman hb got the ball this game... i nearly screamed in happiness when he broke through the hole. It was as if a rocket was propelling him down the field. THAT is the guy i recruited... no 88spd safeties or 84spd linebackers were catching this dude. Again... i think if we upped the cpu rush defense a bit we should be good. I'll have a video of a run that shows the speed tomorrow when i get home from work.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

excellent

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Just looking at the scores it looks like we need to increase the level of difficulty with these sliders. These scores are too lopsided and I don't think they are realistic enough. I am about to play my game right now, so I will see for myself and then post my post game thoughts.

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

These settings must be changed for week 6. The game is wayyyyyyyyyy to easy. I just played the Illini, and granted there is a larger than normal talent gap between my team and theirs but they have given me fits the last 2 years and I just blew them away 45-7 on their turf. I had 494 yards of offense, they had 93.

Here is what I say we impliment for week 6....

Turn User Pass blocking down 5
    Turn User Pass Rush down 5
    Turn user Rush Defense down 5
    Turn CPU Pass blocking up 10
    Turn CPU RB Ability up 10
    Turn CPU Run Blocking up 5
    Turn CPU Pass Coverage up 5

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Agreed hood.

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Well... just played florida and WHOAAAA NELLY. I was down 14-3 at the end of the first and it was an absolute war the whole way through. The game ended 43-36 on a pick 6 by patrick peterson back to the house. These are the sliders we should stick by. I thought the CPU was gonna beat me numerous times.

7. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

I honestly didn't notice much of a difference.

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

haha iowa doesn't have a front seven that's as fast as most people's receivers. Florida on the other hand is a bit better.

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

The score of my game is a lie. SDSU came out and played hard, I was down 14-0 after 1 quarter of play. For the most part I think the sliders are fine. We'll see how things progress I guess.

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Same with my score.
    The razorbacks ran for 125 yds and was in the redzone 3 times. I think the CPU tackle could go up 5. It seems in looking at the recaps and stats from other games, and from my game, that if you get a good play and get to the second level, you can break a tackle by the lower tackle rated secondary players and your gone.

Increasing the cpu tackle 5 will just cut down on some of the long plays off of broken tackles by the secondary.

And if the starting qb or HB is scoring td's, especially TD pass late in the 3rd and in the 4rt qrt when you are already up 20, then you see why the scores are lopsided.
    In real life you get up 3 scores in the fourth and the offense cuts back and 2nd, 3rd string and walk-ons get in the game.
    The Iso or blast is documented as the most called plays by the team winning a game by 3 scores in the 4th qrt.

EDIT; Actual game from Sat. = Tenn up 49-7 vs Memphis early 3rd qrt. Backups start to play and final score is 56-28. users in many cases keep playing and win games like this 73-10. Real life teams want to win and coaches dont embarrass each other. In the game, we dont care how the cpu feels, we play have fun and keep scoring. Trying to lock up records or stats or get that Freshman 100 yds and two tds.

Blowouts are ok and part of college football.
    here is the top 11 scoring margin leaders and as we all know, if texas won 1 game by 10, they won another game by 46 to keep that 28 point margin.

And OSU and Oregon, Nebraska, Penn ST, and Texas Tech lost games which lowers your margin because the other team scored more than u. In their wins they have a much higher scoring margins over 20 points per game.

1 Texas (8-0) +28.1
    2 Boise State (9-0) +26.4
    3 TX Christian (8-0) +22.6
    4 Cincinnati (8-0) +20.4
    5 Alabama (8-0) +20.4
    6 Florida (8-0) +20.1
    7 Ohio State (7-2) +19.3
    8 Oregon (7-1) +18.5
    9 Penn State (8-1) +17.9
    10 Nebraska (5-3) +16.4
    11 Texas Tech (6-3) +15.8

11. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I think we need to make these sliders a lil tougher. It doesn't seem like the CPU is supplying much of a challenge judging by these scores. What do you guys think?

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I think if we shore up the cpu run defense alot more then we'll get some more realistic stats all around.

13. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Agreed. Raise CPU Run Defense by 10

14. smace767

smace767 Walk On

AS i always do, i will comments on this.

As i posted above, scores dont tell the whole story. Its how users play the game.

Real life scores, 6 ranked teams scored over 28 points and had huge leads at half. four teams scored over 30 and 2 teams scored over 40 points on there opponent the 1st half. But in real life Oregon, Texas, VA tech, and GTech scored no more than 2 TD in the second half. They all could have scored 80 if they kept their starters, kept passing and had backups that could start on most other teams.

As you see not everyone had big wins and really only GTech(Gunit) had a WTF happened score.

But GTech does what the one issue is and that is run. The run defense is ok, it could maybe go up 5. But the big issue from my games is long runs off of broken tackles, and i see long TD runs in other games. so my guess is the same thing is happening in those games.

The CPU will play ok run defense but if you keep running you eventually break that tackle from the LB and safeties that lets you take it to the house. Same with those short passes that end up a long td pass due to broken tackles.

Also i personally dont want to have the CPU "cheat" the ratings to keep the score close. You can raise certain sliders but im against making your team play below their ratings.

The close games are what the 4 or 5 user games and that high ranked cpu team on the road game is for. If the feeling is that all our teams are rated so much higher than the cpu teams we could change the recruiting even more to keep our rosters at 68 scholarship players and no more than 4 five star players.

Even though we lowered it to 6 five stars, almost all of the five stars still end up on user teams.

As i said before to me to get a sim feel we need to;

raise the cpu tackle 5 or 10
    raise cpu run block 5 or 10
    another rule could be once you score 50 points all second string players have to be in the game. and no tds allowed by starters after you score 50 or have a 30 point lead.
    Users must put in 2nd string Offense and defense when you score 50 unless the lead is less than 17.

15. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Smace you once again come thru with a great analysis. I actually really like what you said here. I think we should raise CPU rush defense only 5, not 10, and raise the CPU tackle and Running ability 10 apeice. As for the subbing rules, we only have sub rules for user games. I think if you are blowing someone out in a user game then you need to put in the reserves out of respect for your opponent, but against the CPU, if you wanna be an idiot and risk injury to key players while up 40 be my guest.

16. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

upped cpu tackling by 10 and cpu run block by 5

17. Dean

Dean Walk On

definitely agree with what smace said

18. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I just played my week 10 game against MSU, only observation is that the CPU broke about 2 million tackles. My D isn't so great this year but their RB put up 176 on me. I had never allowed anything close to that to the CPU before. Maybe it was just my D but I think it was prolly the sliders. Let me know how it goes for you guys.

19. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Sounds like Mich's current real life D :p

20. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Yeah I agree we shouldn't water down the power of our teams. There is no reason I should hold a user controlled Penn State team to 17 points and give up 44 to Minnesota. WTF?

21. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The scores look pretty normal to me. Not every week is going to be a close game, we have some pretty strong teams. Plus when you score 70 you tend to give the other team alot of possessions on offense... moreso then usual.

22. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I agree.

23. Dean

Dean Walk On

The only problem I have is with broken tackles. Illinois had 18 broken tackles to my 3.

24. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

That's what I thought and that's why I think we should raise User tackling by 5.

25. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Yeah broken tackles may indeed be the problem. Or a major part at least. I'm all for the bump.