The NFL Cathedral, Preseason Week 3: Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 31, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced:

Next Advance:
    -Sunday (yes Sunday), midnight EST or
    -When everyone is ready

Last Week:
    -a mini mutiny breaks out with the added irony that I'm actually hoping I get taken down by someone and don't have to commish a dang thing anymore, lol

This Week:
    -awesomeness

2. vatechhokie01

Here's the deal. I have no time to commish two leagues. I am not going to commish two leagues. I would rather play Madden. If this doesn't become fun and drama-free quick, I'm out. That's a guarantee. This is a dang video game. I would be abundantly happy and at peace if you all decided to play NCAA and I played Madden in my living room with a beer, my beautiful wife, and the Hawaii breeze blowing through my hair. But I'm exhausted. And I'm not going to be exhausted anymore over this BS.

3. vatechhokie01

That's not personal. That's wise for my family, church, and sanity.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Luke

Luke Walk On

Heath I am sorry about the other day. Guys what is happening to us? We were going strong. I come home and witness our league in uproar.

5. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

You no longer have to worry about NCAA. Just focus on what's important in life and this will take care of itself drama free...right guys!!!! Don't screw this up boys!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Also the Giants beat my ass 24-14, yet it was not even that close scored a late TD to make it look good. There dline is evil could not run, and any route over ten yards was too long because I would get sacked. The only passes I completed were quick slants and outs. Was a very frustrating loss to say the least not being able to move the ball.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

so bascially, I leave you guys alone for 8 hours and all hell breaks loose? O boy.

8. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

On a side note. The Vikings won preseason game 3 Friday night. The first team looked good and Toby Gerhart is a beast. Joe Webb is not very good and he will be on the block today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goose

Goose Walk On

Ian Moss

Let me know when you're good to play. I'll see what I can work out. The latter the better

10. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Hello gentlemen I just left this note with Heath. Thank you for the memories and so long for now.

Hi Heath,

Yesterday I texted you about a promotion at my current job. I have talked with my wife about it at great length and I have decided to take the promotion with that said it comes with great sadness and regret that I must resign from the Madden dynasty effective immediately. I will be working 65 to 70 a week and will be working days and nights. I did not feel it would be right to be in a league where I would not be able to play and be available to the other members of the league.

I have do what is best for me and my family and I know you understand that for sure in talking to you the past couple of days. I had a great time in the league and this by far was the best league I have ever been in. It is run very well and all the other guys felt like brothers to me. I will miss you guys and miss the passion of playing this game with you guys. I will be online from time to time playing for fun and as a man of my word I will not join another dynasty period.

Thank you for the fun times and the memories and hope we can talk from time to time. Your a great guy and I am glad we had the chances to talk like we did.

Thank you to all the members as well for making me part of the family and always looking out for me and for each other. You will be missed.

Ian Moss

• Like Like x 1
  11. Goose

Goose Walk On

Ian Moss

Good luck with the promotion. Congrats! You definitely have to look out for the family.

12. vatechhokie01

Good luck Ian. Thanks for being a part.

On a sidenote: After 5ints, I lowered the user INT to 30. Also changed speed to normal. lets see what happens.

p.s. not sure changes take effect until advance.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  13. vatechhokie01

In a couple more surprising moves (ala Rick Pitino in Boston), new Dolphins coach Hale has made a few more moves, appearing to stockpile VT Hokies and build a family atmosphere:
    -The Dolphins trade a 2012 3rd pick (40th ovr) and TE Anthony Fasano (78ovr) to the Arizona Cardinals for RB Ryan Williams (75ovr) and TE Jeff King (71ovr)
    -The Dolphins sign recently cut WR Jarret Boykin (68ovr) who has immediately been promoted to starting wideout after an impressive first couple of practices

The Dolphins have used all of there preseason trades (2) and now add Hokies Williams, King, and Boykin to recently acquired SS Cody Grimm. Weird things brewing in Miami.

(in real life, rookie Boykin, the Hokies all-time leading wideout, was an unsigned FA that just made the Packers 53man and was named most consistent player in camp! Congrats Jarrett!)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Won't be getting madden game in today since its Oklahoma state gameday and it's tailgating all day then gametime

15. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Good luck to you Ian.

16. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Let's advance this! I hate people who wait til the last minute! ;)

17. vatechhokie01

advancing Sunday midnight. read thread.

18. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Why is that? I thought we doing 24 hour for preseason

19. vatechhokie01

cuz of the madness, to let things settle, and give guys a second to breath, respond, and play their last game, make their last trade, and practice if they wish.

• Like Like x 1
  20. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Hate is such a harsh word...

21. Goose

Goose Walk On

Has Coach Ian retired or been kicked from the league yet? I'll be able to play my preseason game against the Bucs sometime tonight or tomorrow.