The North Carolina Tarheel Report 2014

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The North Carolina Tarheel Report 2014

Sorry guys I've been a little busy and unable to post my user game summaries. I'll try to post those as well as some recruiting news in this thread.

2. Blaza

Mark Kerr Erupts; UNC Cruises in Blacksburg

#6 North Carolina (5-0) at #5 Virginia Tech (4-1)

It's been a long road for RS(JR) Mark Kerr. Stuck in the shadow of All-World RB Dustin Clancy for the past 4 years, Kerr was almost cut in Coach Blaza's first year on campus.

Fast forward to 2014 and Kerr is taking the nation by storm and impressing Heisman voters in the process. Led by Kerr's 184 yards on the ground and 3 TDs, the Tarheels were able to win comfortably in Blacksburg to move to 5-0 on the season.

1st QTR

3:46 VT E Wilson 5 Yard pass from K. Howard
    1:31 UNC Mark Kerr 32 yard run

7-7 Tied

2nd QTR

7:31 FG UNC Jeremy gold 25 yad
    2:41 TD UNC Mark Kerr 1 Yard Run
    0:51 FG VT Pope 23 Yard
    0:00 Jeremy Gold 50 yard GF

20-6 UNC

3rd QTR

2:59 UNC Mark Kerr 1 yard run
    0:43 TD VT Burnon 7 yatd run

27-13 UNC

4th QTR

5:12 TD UNC Kyle Nelson 19 yard pass from JAY Wesley
    1:20 FG UNC J Gold 43 yd fg

FINAL

37-13 UNC

:5stars: Stars of the Game :5stars:

UNC

QB Jay Wesley 12-14 167 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    RB Mark Kerr 31 ATT 184 Yards 3 TD
    DT Adam Miller 7 Tack 4 TFL 2 Sack

VT
    QB K Howard 12-18 1 TD 2 INT
    RB Burton 14 ATT 87 yards

Coach Blaza's Corner

The Hokies are a formidable opponent, but it was just our night tonight. We were looking to take away their star Impact WR and I thought we did a good job of that. The papers will write about Kerr, but that was some performance by our defensive line. We were able to collapse the pocket and get shots on Howard all day. We didn't want him to feel comfortable out there and we wanted to try and make him beat us with his arm. It doesn't get any easier in the ACC though--we've got to go down to Clemson and take care of business next week

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wooo good job UNC lol

4. Blaza

Led by the Nasty Boys: UNC escapes in Clemson

#2 North Carolina (6-0) at #21 Clemson (4-2)

When Coach Blaza took over the University of North Carolina football team in 2011, he was a little disappointed with how his team stacked up with the other 11 squads in the dynasty. As his tenure has worn on though, he has no choice but to tip his hat at some of the talent his predecessor, Coach Bly Gilmore, has left in his cupboard.

We all know about Clancy, but over the past 2 years, North Carolina has been led by "The Nasty Boys" as they have been affectionately dubbed by teammates. This season, the dynamic Senior DT duo of Adam Miller and Anthony Williams has been flat out jaw dropping.

Although they are not humongous, weighing in at 289 and 274 respectively, The Nasty Boys are as athletic a combo as we've seen in recent memory. Miller, a former Parade All-American Power Forward in HS combines 95 STR with 83 Spd -- an unheard of combination for a DT. Williams possesses 98 BSH and cat-like finesse moves--proving to be a handful for any OL. The undeniable talent of the two allows Coach Blaza to really be creative with his back 7 which often leads to confusion from opposing QBs.

1st QTR

0:28 Safety Clemson

0-2 Clemson

2nd QTR

3:06 FG Clemson A Lewis 24 Yard
    1:33 TD UNC Isaac Hurd 3 yard run

7-5 UNC

3rd QTR

4:52 FG Clem A Lewis
    4:14 TD UNC Mark Kerr 1 yard run
    1:29 TD UNC C. Putts 34 yard pass from J. Wesley

21-8 UNC

4th QTR

7:26 TD UNC Mark Kerr 2 yard run
    5:23 TD Clemson Banres 38 yard pass from J. Parham
    2:24 TD Clemson J. Parham 5 yard run

FINAL

28-22 UNC

:5stars: Stars of the Game :5stars:

UNC

QB Jay. Wesley 14-15 312 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    RB Mark Kerr 22 car 61 yards 2 TD; 7 rec 37 yards
    WR Albert Harris 4 Rec 121 yards 0 TD
    DT Anthony. Williams 8 Tack, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks
    DE Shawn. Patterson 7 Tack, 1 TFL
    DT Adam. Miller 3 Tack, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks
    DE Joe Moore 7 Tack, 4 TFL, 3 sacks
    MLB Justin Johnson 11 Tack 1 INT

Clemson

QB Jason Parham 24-38 345 yards 1 TD 1 INT; 13 rush 5 yards
    RB D. Miller 15 att; 28 yards

Coach Blaza's Corner

Obviously, conference games are important, but once you get down into your division, the games really mean something. Clemson was able to come back in the final seconds to beat us in the first year our staff was on campus. I take nothing away from the Tigers, but that was a game we really felt we should've won. Since then, we've been able to take the last 2 from Clemson and really feel like we have a solid idea on what they want to do on the field. Facing 8 and 9 man fronts for most of the game, Kerr was unable to eclipse 100 yards for the first time this season, but he was a tremendous safety valve, making the Tigers pay for stacking the box with 7 big receptions. I just can't heap enough praise on those two uglies we've got in the middle on defense. We knew Clemson loves to get out on the perimeter and change the launching point on their throws. And we damn sure knew that would be the case with the speedy diaper dandy (Parham) that they've got down there now. But we wanted him moving around on our terms, not his. We tried to really attack him and flush him to where we wanted him to go on the field. The Nasty Boys (Miller and Williams) led with their actions tonight and we hope they can continue to lead us for the remainder of the season. It'll be nice to sleep in our own beds again, as we've got Wake Forest at home next week.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Clemson is so annoying with a running QB because ge likes to run here and there to get away. Ugh. Seems like u contained him on run plays.

6. Blaza

Yep, exactly they've burned us before with big plays downfield after scrambling, but we tried to be cognizant of the threat and try to take it away. Williams is truly a terror with that 83 SPD from the DT spot.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm definitely jealous of your DTs.... I have a couple decent ones but they are pluggers, really. They're not stars for us by any stretch, hehehe. Nice reports.