The Off-Season Is Underway!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Sep 29, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Hey guys,

We're in Players Leaving right now, but please refrain from swaying any players until I can find the league rules we discussed/implemented before last season's off-season. I also want to be able to post the list of unswayables before people start crackin' away.

I remember generally liking our rules in regards to swaying players, aside from all AA players being untouchable. I wanted to propose changing this to 1st-team only, but won't due so until everyone ways in.

I'll be updating this thread shortly.

2. egofailure

Going forward, I'm proposing a real simple and straight-forward rule that is similar to what a number of premier leagues roll with, only slightly more restrictive. However, it's an easy rule to follow and track, and does allow for quite a bit of off-season conversations with players itchin' to go elsewhere. I'd like to see coaches have to use a couple of hours before off-season recruiting, and I think you'll be surprised to see how many players say, "Thanks, but no thanks, coach."

Swaying Players:

Rated 90 & Up: Players trying to leave cannot be swayed.

Rated 89 & BELOW: These rated players can be swayed back regardless of accolades or awards.

Thoughts?

3. egofailure

Goose, you've been booted and re-invited. Congrats on the Ohio State gig; I know they're your boys.

4. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Sounds simple enough. I am fine with that.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I'm done 21 players graduated, next year is going to be a long one.

6. egofailure

When I woke up this AM, everyone who had players who could be swayed was set to advance, so I've moved on to transfer requests. Please select "Ready to Advance" when you're ready; I'd like to complete at least 2 weeks of recruiting today.

JCA, any chance you could recruit for Smooth?

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Is there a way to recruit from a mobile phone? I have a Droid X, but I could never seem to get it to work right before, and my work computer has the EA site blocked. Recruiting this offseason is going to be huge for me and there is really no other way for me to get 2 weeks in today. I can get one done late tonight, say mid-nightish, but other than that you will be breaking my back.

8. egofailure

Easy, no prob'. I won't be able to advance past transfers until after 4 ET anyway, so let's focus on setting our boards and getting Week 1 recruiting done. If we then advance twice Saturday and Sunday, we'll finish up recruiting and be in great position to get into the Pre-season on Monday.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That plan will work out great for me.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Going to be gone a lot this weekend, do we have any estimates on when you will be advancing the league?

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

I couldn't remember if we were rolling with created coaches or not so I created myself. If we were going with original coaches can you please kick me and reinvite?

12. egofailure

I'll be posting an advance schedule shortly.
    Most of us created coaches, so you're good to go.

13. Goose

Goose Walk On

cool Thanks