The Ohio State Buckeyes (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Nov 1, 2010.

1. alemic

alemic Walk On

With the unfortunate event that coach Jim Tressell would no longer be able to coach for health reasons, the Ohio State University offered coach Alemic the job after his great showing with the Washington Huskies. When he arrived in Columbus the Buckeyes were #8 in the nation and riding a 6-1 start to the season and controlling their own destiny in the Big 10. This is there story.​
    [​IMG]

2. alemic

alemic Walk On

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Buckeyes still looking for Big 10 Title​
    [​IMG]
    The Ohio State Buckeyes found themselves in a Big 10 match up against the Purdue Boilermakers. Everybody in Colombus remembers back in 2009 when the Boilermakers upset the Buckeyes and ruined any national title hopes. New head coach Alemic promised the fans in Ohio that this would not be the case in his first game and he did not disappoint. Coach Alemic was asked before the game why he accepted this Ohio State job after a good start with the Washington Huskies he responded with "Well honestly the Huskies have a great program, and if it had been anybody other than Ohio State which everybody in my family has gone to I would of stuck with Huskie nation. Once I return Ohio State to their past glory I may go back to Seattle to finish the job."​
    The Buckeyes looked like they were going to take control early in the game going up quickly 7-0. The Boilermakers would takea long drive down the field and score on a 30 yard TD pass to tie the game up 7-7 just before the end of the first quarter. On the Buckeyes second drive they would throw a pick and Purdue would have the ball on the 5 yard line and would score on the next play. Most of Ohio was scared that the AD had made a bad decision in the new head coach and were already booing him early on. Coach Alemic showed no signs of fear, and the Buckeyes became flat out dominate for the remainder of the game. First they tied the game on the next drive with a long 38 yard TD pass from Ken Guiton. Drew Basil would put the ball through the uprights on the next drive and the Buckeyes never looked back.​
    Final Score:​
    Ohio State 41 Purdue 28​
    Key Stats:​
    Passing​
    Ken Guiton 10-17 192 yards 2 TD 1 INT​
    Rushing​
    Jordon Hall 28 attempts 109 yards 1 TD​
    Ken Guiton 10 attempts 61 yards 0 TD​

3. alemic

alemic Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Buckeyes show strong D​
    [​IMG]
    After his first game as the Ohio State Buckeyes head coach, Alemic found himself on the winning side once again at what he called "The job of his dreams". We caught up with coach Alemic to see what he thought about this Buckeye squad after 1 week heading into an important Big 10 match up against Iowa. "Well honestly this is by far the most talented team that I have ever had the honor of coaching. They have a lot of depth at just about every position as well as many youngsters who could be starting at any school in the nation. College football nation should keep an eye out for this squad as they can be a legitimate BCS contender this year and the upcoming seasons.​
    Heading into his second Big Ten match up Alemic said he wanted his defense to step up and force turnovers saying "I dont care if the offense only puts up 30 points every game if we lack defense. This team will be a defense oriented team just like it always has been." Many fans around Ohio wanted to see if their new coach would live up to the hype of bringing back the old traditional style of play back to tOSU. This week against Iowa it seems at least for now, he is well on his way.​
    Early on the defense stepped up stopping the Hawkeyes and giving the offense many chances to move the ball. During the game they were able to force 6 turnovers, with 5 INT's on the game with one fumble recovery. The offense was also traditional in having not 1 but 2 different back reach the 125 yard mark on the day. The Buckeyes rolled early and the entire length of the game.​
    Final Score:​
    Ohio State 38 Iowa 10​
    Key Stats:​
    Passing​
    Ken Guiton 1-5 26 yards 0 TD 1 INT​
    Rushing​
    Jamaal Berry 14 attempts 149 yards 2 TD​
    Jordan Hall 17 attempts 128 yards 2 TD​
    Defensive​
    Travis Howard 1 Tackle 3 INT 1 FF​