The Ohio State Buckeyes are Back!!!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Bowl-ing 'Em Over!

Ohio State caps off successful season with a BCS Championship!

Capture.PNG

First Quarter
    06:52 TD Ohio State Kory Hansen TE #87 7 yard pass from Craig Watson QB #11
    03:35 TD Clemson Tom Moore WR #84 16 yard pass from Aaron Sanders QB #7
    00:09 TD Ohio State Ronnie Stevenson WR #83 40 yard pass from Craig Watson QB #11

Second Quarter
    03:31 TD Ohio State Ronnie Stevenson WR #83 27 yard pass from Craig Watson QB #11
    01:43 TD Clemson Mike Nash SS #20 63 yard fumble
    00:34 FG Ohio State Terry Myers K #10 28 yard field goal
    00:00 FG Clemson Johnny Taylor K #49 51 yard field goal

Third Quarter
    05:19 TD Clemson Marcus Smith HB #1 4 yard rush
    01:20 TD Ohio State Ronnie Stevenson WR #83 66 yard pass from Craig Watson QB #11

Forth Quarter
    07:04 TD Ohio State Noah Reid FB #22 1 yard rush
    05:12 TD Ohio State James Newman WR #84 64 yard pass from Craig Watson QB #11

Ohio State Clemson
    1st Downs 22 24
    3rd down efficiency 57.14 40
    4th down efficiency 0 0
    Total Yards 685 535
    Passing 461 273
    Completion Attempts 17 - 22 17 - 31
    Yards Per Pass 20.95 8.81
    Rushing 112 74
    Rushing Attempts 25 18
    Yards Per Rush 4.48 4.11
    Turnovers 1 3
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 3
    Possession 18:13 13:47

BCS MVP's
    Capture.PNG
    Capture5.PNG

Ohio St came out of the gates charging full speed as Watson would hit Stevenson on a 65 yd Bomb. After a quick score to TE Hansen, OSU would continue to pile on the points going up 21-7 but would quickly see that lead fade away after a momentum changing fumble that was scooped up and taken back 63yds by SS Mike Nash of Clemson. OSU would have a slim lead 17-24.

Clemson out of the gates in the 2nd half would drive down the field to tie the game up at 24, but would again give up a TD to the AA, Heisman candidate, Stevenson on a 66 yd bomb. During the play the Clemson defensive coordinator and the defensive captain seemed to be having some communication problems as the Clemson D was adjusted to stuff the run leaving Stevenson on an island with no one around for a good 15-20 yds.

Clemson would never recover from that TD as they would be cut short on 2 lengthy drives by OSU's opportunistic D. OSU would add on 2 more scores sealing the fate of the Clemson Tigers, and securing the BCS title.

OSU had been in a bit of disarray after former coach Shaun Mason abruptly decided to retire. A move that has seemed to be a trend set by Urban Meyer, but this time Coach Mason would not return.

OSU at the begining of the season seemed to have new life instilled into them by the Hiring of an up and coming coach in coach Nautica. They would come firing right out of the gates, taking down an FSU teams that was loaded with talent and poised for a run at the BCS title. OSU seemed to ride the wave of excitement and hype into the back end of their schedule, and would come up big with wins against Big Ten rivals MSU, PSU, and UM to seal its spot in the BCS Championship game that would be against either and undefeated young Clemson team, or the Defending BCS champs, the Florida Gators.

OSU was hoping to have a shot at the defending champs, but Florida would end up losing the SEC championship in a way that made the SEC champion LSU Tigers feel empty with the win. Clemson though would prove to be worthy of being in the BCS as they almost took the game right from under the Buckeyes with a huge momentum shift. But OSU's coaching staff would keep their cool as they have all season and pull away with a BCS title in coach Nautica's rookie season as head coach.

When asked how coach Nautica was going to celebrate this win, he simply replied "Going back home to Columbus and preparing for next season."

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Congrats Nautica. Send Watson to the pro's!

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah if watson and grant go pro, I still have some killer qb prospects behind them.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Good game Nautica. I couldn't stop Stevenson for the life of me. I was in a cover 3 in the first video (1st play of the game) and he just ran right past everyone. Then, when I thought I had a third down stop, my guy misses the sack while Stevenson stops on a dime in the middle of his slant route.

I actually had the ball in the 3rd with a chance to take the lead, but an OSU corner made a crazy INT and on the next play I run committed as opposed to slanting my line.

Oh well, probably should have been the Gators instead of me because those were the two most talented teams this year. We won't be losing to much so we will be back even stronger next year!

7. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Amen to that.. We'll be ready for those Buckeyes and it WON'T be simmed.. ;)

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

@Nautica - have you sent Shaun a thank you card?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Well Gators I did have a game simmed against AJ also, so I think it is fair to say that the asterisk is unnecessary. I rolled the dice instead of getting the easy win and could have easily gotten a sim loss. I would have liked to play you, but bill was a tough opponent. The end score doesn't dictate how the entire game went.

Maybe JC could put us on the schedule this coming season. I would like that.

10. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

You didn't have to beat Penn St or Florida who were arguably 2 of the best 3 teams this season.. Not sure how much luck my secondary would have had stopping that receiver of yours though. CPU Penn St would have been no joke, let me tell you that. The Gators and Nittany Lions can both boast that they were never beaten all year.. (y)

Congrats though, beating Bill's Tigers is no easy feat and you deserve credit for that..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah he had me on my toes on D for the first half. Bill is definitely good on the sticks.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Stevenson is unstoppable, dude ran straight passed my secondary over the top as well.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'll hit the "reply" instead of the "like" button cause I can't give stats to a Gator...

"like" this

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This made me laugh

+1

My team won't be nearly the same next season unfortunately.

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

@AJ Hart MN and @GoGators you guys do forget that I could have easily have gotten a sim loss to PSU just like UF did to LSU. Instead of taking the easy win and beating the snot out of AJ's team, I rolled the dice and simmed the game. Because of that, to say that my win should have an asterisk is a bunch of horse shit. I still had to beat 4 Users to win this title too which is no easy feat. Don't take me lightly either as I was the one who broke Mo's 54 game winnings streak, the 2nd longest on this site this season and I believe one of the longest in the site's history.

So in closing if you don't like it you can go drink a nice tall
    [​IMG]

*I'm just joking here*