The Online Dynasty. What did you learn??

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Apr 20, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Online Dynasty. What did you learn??

Well since this is the first time building a team online with 11 other nut jobs what did you learn? There is plenty for me.

• How important redshirting guys is. I made some mistakes early on and recently not redshirting guys. Lesson Learned
    • How important recruiting your needs is. Sure you can just go after all 5 star guys and that will take you to the top of the recruiting class, but will you use these players? I try and really look ahead to see where my holes are going to be and make sure I get a player in there. You could have 3 5-star RBs but a sub par line b/c you were star struck over the 98 speed HB, but if your o- line is getting blown up your stud HBs is useless.
    • Heisman level is the way to go! Proven once again from EA sports games that the CPU will never compete with human players. We continue to raise the difficulty and we still put 70 on high ranked cpu teams. A nice surprise to Heisman is the high quality of USER vs USER games. I am very pleased!
    • I will never win the Heisman Trophy unless I whore them out game after a game. Don't get me wrong I love to give my star players the rock as much as possible but I also like to have them healthy. I just cant leave them in when I am up by 20-30 points.
    • I will never lead the league in sacks........I thought 15-20 sacks would be a MONSTER season when 15 sacks might, just might, get you into the top 10.....manual blitzers!!!
    • If you want to win a NC.........you HAVE to be undefeated. Pretty much cut and dry here.......Oklahoma this year surprised me at #3.
    • USER vs USER NC games are as rare as a funny Women comedians.....cherish them. We are looking forward to our first one here in Trad 1. Go BIG TEN!!!
    • Gameplans........they work if you execute. I make game plans for almost all my user games and they help out alot. Just ask OSU Coach Juggs. Just remember you have to execute.
    • On Heisman playing defense is just as much fun as playing offense!
    • Justin.tv rules!!!!!!!!! I have never been able to see other user games live and thanks to jfosh for bring this site to out attention we now have this capability. Love it!
    • I learned how to create videos, edit them, render them for HD and more.
    • As always the Dynasty/League is only as good as its members and its members participation. I love coming to this forum and seeing new posts everyday with random shit. I love the smack talk and the the bitter rivalries that have been created. It is virtual crack. MM.......whats that??

These are just some of the random things I have learned from this Online Dynasty.its amazing how much we have grown in so little time.

Thanks RYNO..........when u step back and look at it you have done an amazing job in such short time.

Play on!!

GO PENN STATE!

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Thanks to online dynasty basically learned that another game besides Madden could own my gaming soul....never thought this to be possible before

3. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I may have to choose AGAIN between my online football gaming and my girlfriend.

She sure was a nice gal, I wish her all the best.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I learned

• I can recruit with the best of them. I've been in the top 5 classes nearly every season with a 4 and 5 star team. Finally im able to get the top class as my prestige has risen.

• There are some really talented players in this league on the field. I don't really know that any league can match up top to bottom with our skill level. This is backed up by 0 repeat title winners so far. Griff has the first shot this season, but still has to go threw Helli, who's never won one.

• Kingerock's game will never change... it's stale old man, time to let go Joe Gibbs...!!! The Aggies take are in the lead in Dynasty history to this point. The Longhorns will need 2 great seasons to turn the tide or coach Ryno will own the rivalry for the '09 version of online football.

• Ramirez is a one trick pony, one title and the trick is up....

• There is a huge interest in online team building aspects of the new games coming out. This community is evident of that. I would expect the growth to continue, but even if it doesn't, i would be happy gaming for years with the guys we already have. Growth is a double edged sword... it's great to expand your presence in the gaming world, but it also requires supporting that expansion. Not always easy to do.

• That the members know more than i do... the best thing for me to do is just organize the thoughts and ideas and implement them. You are the thinktank.

• that it is possible to have deep meaningful feelings for a digital character...

• I'll probably never win a championship in online leagues... i just can't get over the hump. I've always been good, divisional title, conference titles, i knock off big teams at times. I just can't get that close game to go my way in the big one.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

6. Kingerock

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I've learned a lot from the guys I've played and those who I haven't...ahem

FOSH- I didn't know dude was so gifted with this video stuff. very bright dude and always a good opponent. Though this year when he decided to use his QB with the 93 spd, it took me by surprise but maybe because he destroyed me with the same personnel and a different QB behind the helm.

BBJ- Defense is very good, offense I know to a T. Loves that high pass and to a fault it hurts him. He's a good playcaller too and has been the one I've had the most fits with.

RAMIREZ- I think I got into his head the 1st time we played because i was new and he didn't expect me to beat him. When I beat him, I know what he's going to do. When he makes it close, he plays that ball control offense and he consistently moves the ball down the field. I think if Ramirez plays like that, he'll be a NT threat.

RHUDE- When his offense is on, has it all...but I've gotten to him many a times because I've contained his offense. NEeds to use that speedy QB more, and needs to put more tricks up the sleeve...sometimes too predictable offensively.

JMS- Only played 1 time so I can't go based upon that. Always active around the boards, good guy.

JUGGS- Knew dude from way back doing dynasties. i'd love a shot at that defense he has too.

BRUCE- Don't know much about but he seems to be good running the ball. I'd love a shot at him.

RYNO- Hogging up all the recruits this year, half of them will be depth chart fodder...only 4-5 will make an impact despite him loving the class he's hauled in. Diddn't know he was good with the website content...i'd love to pick his brain on that aspect.

HELLI- Also knew dude from way back. Cerebral player...seems like the type to have his 15 1st plays scripted alongside a weaknesses and strengths paper for every user game he has.

STEEL- Tough player, plays to your weakness and always is in the game.

KINGER- I just know Rhude has more Big 12 titles than him and that promise didn't go as planned this year.

Overall I learned a lot this year. With recruiting it wasn't until BBJ got caught that I figured out how to keep recruits in my hands and out the hands of the enemies.

- Having a speedy QB is ok but their accuracy can be crappy when on the run. I'd rather have an accurate QB than a fast one.

- Sometimes those 5 star and 4 star guys aren't as good as they are labeled.

- If EA adjusts the speed on the game, I'm sure there will be more contrasting styles of gameplay. As it stands, the speed is the name of the game. If EA can figure out a way to have it's weakness there (like making these guys more prone to fumbles sometimes...give these guys more weakness), it'll put back into motion the power RB...the possession WR...these guys are around but not as able to make as big of an impact as they should.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The #1 thing I learned this year....

USER MATCHUPS NOT OVERALL SKILL

To say that this player is the best or that player is the best may or may not be true, but the way different players match up against each other has been the #1 learning experience. For instance, ASU has (overall, not this year) gotten the better of UCLA even though UCLA has had a lot of success against Oregon, who has pretty much owned ASU so far.

Another example (from another league in fact) is it seems to me that Juggs absolutely, positively, outright OWNS Vasteelah.... I mean Greg.... Mike has the deed to your house just chilling in his glove compartment like it ain't a thing, he could drive over and have you booted out of your own residence right now. Meanwhile, Steelah and I are probably 50-50 in our user games in that same league despite me having an almost unfathomably good team AND me having a pretty damn good record against Juggs.

It's something that's amazing, and something that I'd love to examine more in depth.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Thing with Fosh is he has the fastest team on earth...kid you not he has speed even at DT...84 spd DT's n shyt lol

10. Kingerock

I know what you mean. I may NEVER beat Bruce again. He could play with the Washington Natinals in diapers and suffering from mad cow disease and I I could be playing with the 70s era Steelers and I think he would still win a game of Madden or NCAA. I think years ago I may have beat him Redskins vs Rams once, but never since.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

What did I learn?

*Don't start out with Oklahoma St. No matter what anybody says or how good you are on the sticks your team matters alot. Everybody is good enough in this league to exploit a weaker teams deficiencies.

*User vs User games. To go along with Helli, it is hard to pick a winner. Some guys just match up better vs other coaches. Take out the teams in this one. I love logging in to the forums or Dynasty and seing a win from someone I did not expect. Also, if your inconsistent you don win championships ie UCLA. JMS or Heli I need a gameplan against Bruce for this years Rose Bowl. PM me.:D

*Recruiting. Don't let the stars blind you. Everybody got the 5 star recruit on campus only to sit his ass on the bench. Maybe its because speed overwhelmed the Pac-10 but i got 3 #1 players in the country that are non factors at this point. Where is the balance EA? Also, watch that depth chart a guy goes pro, a transfer and boom your starting a true freshman at a key position and you got problems. (Speaking of transfers I did not get one the whole time.)

*The Tradition members. This one speaks for itself a great group of creative, dedicated, and just plain good dudes. Everybody has just made this league great, look it is still going strong from July. We had our diffrences along the way, but what men dont? This is a testament to people putting the leagues interests ahead of their own.

*OOC scheduling (Home field matters). This needs to be thought out from the start. Its nice to play everybody and see what everybodys game is like. Set up the home and homes staggered. Lets get some balance those road games are hard to win. Plus recruiting wise some people got a limited amount of home games.

*My wife must really love me. Anybody that puts up with this kind of gaming addiction must be in love.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

What I've learned....that's it's possible to play (and still enjoy) a game religiously, for hours on end daily noless, if it's the right game, with the right group of guys and the right setup. Helli knows me the longest and best from everyone in the league, and he can atest to my ADD for video games and interest just fading after awhile. There have been times with NCAA but it's been more out of frustration. Still get amped up for the big user games, like vs. everyone in the Big 10 or vs. Rhude in TT3 tonite. Never thought that was possible with a game...and that is due in majority to the guys in all the leagues and the fun I've had playing with you all. NCAA has it's flaws, that's obviously...but it didn't matter once with the leagues we're all a part of.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

LMAO i'm not sure if that's a typo or not but this weekend they had that ACTUAL spelling on their uni's...quite sad lol.

14. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

I learned do not try and be civil and take the team thats not so good!!! (should of taken Texas Tech)
    But then again, this league has made me a better player.
    I've learned what Hellisan finally means, always wondered but kept forgetting to ask.(y)

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't get it... (I'm kinda scared)

16. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

I was just reading the "login name meaning" thread.
    I never knew wtf a Hellisan was,lol.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

OH! Gotcha. When you said "what hellisan means" I thought you were referring something I meant when I said... rather than literally the sentence you typed. idiota me, always looking for the deeper meaning. Yeah now you know!!!