The ONLY Chance of Getting FSU-UF In...

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The ONLY Chance of Getting FSU-UF In...

Is to advance this SATURDAY night instead of Sunday. I am going on vacation on Sunday for a WEEK. AMP, could you play on Saturday night? What does everyone else in the league think about going a day early? If we can't play, I honestly think it should be simmed, but would also be fine with AMP playing the CPU.

In an ideal world, we could advance Saturday night, and then we could play it right after that.

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That's a problem for G Tech - ND, because I'm out all day Friday and Saturday.

The only workaround might be to advance early on Thursday so we can play ND-G Tech Thursday night (although I'd rather be watching Oregon - Boise St), and then advance on Saturday. This assumes JMill would be available to play Thursday night.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No one gives a crap about ND-GT OR Oregon-Boise St.!!

:D

Just kidding Dat. Hopefully there is a solution where all four parties involved, and consequently all 12 in the league can be satisfied. Would be nice to hear from some more members of the league. Where the hell is everyone?

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I could do Saturday night. What time? I really want me and Basis to go at it for this one. Basis, I'll work with you to get this one in. Just let me know.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I will do whatever is necessary to advance early so both of these season-critical games get done.

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

No complaints from the Sooners...

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm with whatever you guys want. These are critical games. I'll make whatever arrangements you guys feel are necessary.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The main arrangements are with the ND-GT game, as theirs comes first on the schedule and should be decided accordingly. My understanding of the ND-GT game is that Dat cannot play until Sunday night, or Thursday night. If this is the case, their game should take precedence scheduling-wise since it is the week prior.

IF ND-GT game needs to wait until Sunday to be played, that is not really a problem for me. I am really hoping that in-state rivals and #1 and #2 gets to be played, but would be fine with taking a sim or an auto-pilot because of how it falls on my schedule. After all, ND is in the BCS race and GT is very capable of being a spoiler.

AMP, if we could play on Saturday, I would say 11pm eastern would be ideal.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

It's up to JMill. If he can play Thursday night, say at 8:00 central, I'm available.

We'd also need to have everyone done with this week's games/recruiting by then, and AG would need to be available to advance a couple hours early.

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

The only day I am really out is Sunday during the morning and afternoon. Saturday, I will be watching CF. We can fit this in Thursday so we can all se how the season plays out the right way. Lets go for Thursday at 8(y)

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Ok, so we're just awaiting any objections from anyone who can't get their stuff done a couple hours earlier this week, and a day earlier next (for a Saturday advance).

Assuming we hear none, and AG can make the advances happen, let's roll with a 7:30-8 central advance on Thursday and a 9:30-10 central advance on Saturday.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I asked in the scheduling forum if AG has any problems with the change in days for the aOSU v. Mich game.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll make whatever arrangements we have to. I'll get over to the scheduling forums and firm up a time.

14. jello1717

Raz's internet is out so we probably won't be able to get our game in tonight. This means that if we advance at 7:30 central (or even 8 central), we won't have time to get in our UofM-Wisconsin game.

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

So it sounds to me like Jello is playing CPU-controlled Wisconsin tonight, we're advancing at 7:30 C, JMill and I play at 8 C tonight. Then we advance Saturday evening so UF-FSU can play. Right?

JMill, I know this hasn't been talked about lately, and I don't really care which way we go. Are we playing without Game Planning or Run/Pass commit? If so, I think short/deep zones should always be fair game (although I think i've used it exactly once). I'd be open to pass commits, and run commits on 3rd/4th & short or inside the 5. But I'll let you make the call.

Also, on the disconnect issue. I don't want to do a full restart tonight if we get halfway through the game and get dc'ed. I'm thinking we take the score we have at the DC and just play roughly however many quarters were left (we can just round to the nearest quarter, so if we DC with 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter, we'll play 2 more quarters. If we DC with 5 mins left in the 2nd, we'll play 3 more qtrs). Then just add to whatever the score was at the DC and declare a winner. Whoever had the ball when the DC happened gets it first. (I think) AG can then sim our game until the right team wins. Does that make sense?

16. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I understand it.:D

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

No problem with the Disco Dat. As for Run/Pass Commit, I never use it. If you like using it, be my guest. Ive beaten people who use it so we can do the 3rd/4th down or we can just go French bare and go without all of it. As for Short or deep zone, Im cool with it.

8pm is our gametime. Im looking play the roll of spoiler!

(y)

Of all people, the guy from FSU answers first.

18. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Let's go Tech!! The Sooner Nation stands behind you, JMill!!

19. jello1717

Let me guess. You Oklahoma guys probably think that "Sooner" and "Nation" rhyme don't you? If Boomer and Sooner can rhyme, I suppose Sooner and Nation can too!

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just pointing out that this guy called Buckeye fans pretentious :D

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Sooner does rhyme with Schooner. At least they got that one right. JHeb, how do you feel about BYU +22? Is OU really going to come out and bury BYU?

JM, we'll just play without Game Plan or commits. I know I won't run commit on you because I never use that, but I do use pass commit when I call a certain 3rd & long play so forgive me if I accidentally use it. I'll try not to, and I'm sure I probably won't, but sometimes you just get to pushing buttons in a certain order out of habit.

8 central, see you tonight.

22. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Cole and Hitman haven't recruited or played their games yet this week. A little worried given we haven't heard from them in this thread.

23. jello1717

Is there a point in there somewhere? I've just been in a mood to point out the obvious.

Boomer and Sooner don't rhyme.

aOSU fans are damned pretentious.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Eh, it's close enough for me. I mean, how would YOU recommend they amend the name "Boola Boola" to fit their school? Boomer Boomer?

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The point is ... that calling Sooner fans dumb, or suggesting they don't understand rhyme, is a pretentious act.

Doing something pretentious, and then immediately calling someone else pretentious, is somewhat ironic.

It's a pot and kettle thing.