The PAC-10 Up for Grabs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Sep 23, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

The PAC-10 Up for Grabs

Just lost to Cal in double-OT...one of my most painful games ever.

Starting QB out for the game in the 1st quarter? Check.

Heismann candidate out for the game in the 3rd quarter? Check.

Field goal kicker goes 1 for 4 despite no wind and PERFECT placements on the kicking meter...hitting the goal post twice? Check.

Not realizing the CPU put a freshman QB in for me instead of Nate Costa (I didn't have names under my players) who promptly throws two picks and barely completes 50 percent of his passes? CHECK AND CHECK.

Allowing CAL to complete a 50 yard bomb in the waning seconds to set up the OT? Check.

I am so sad right now:eek:

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

It's only a game, but I feel as if my Ducks actually lost in real life lol

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Ah I'm an idiot...Nate Costa already graduated(y)

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Well, at least people are losing!!!!! Last year, nobody lost to the CPU. At least this year, I've lost to the CPU and seen others as well.

Pac-10 has been up for grabs since I beat the powers known as USC & Stanford, BTW, nrg. :)

5. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Wow, what a horrible way to lose, nrg.

How bad is the injury to your RB?

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

Make sure we run it back next season clown! LOL it was a good game CA like I said don't think I played a game against a user before with 0 TD's for either team.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Both my QB and RB were only out for the game, so it is not too bad.

The thing that just baffled me was that I had a 4th and 1 on the 20 yard line (maybe less then that), and decided to kick the FG when I was already up 7. I figured this would put me up two scores. However, without the meter tilted to the right, my PERFECT kick goes WIDE RIGHT?!?!?! I was truely baffled.

8. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

usc stanford and oregon state will have no problems putting up TD's on my defense...I have given up the most in the PAC-10 by far:HoosierHoo:

9. controllerabuser

nrg, I have had troubles with the kick game as well. It is the sliders. You have to be almost dead on which I think is good because then we don't nail every kick.

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I think I just had a fluke game where the kicking just went haywire, CA. Honestly, I should have nailed every single one of those kicks. Once again, no wind, barely moved the direction on the placement, and the deciding kick flies completely wide right from 20 yards out. The other two decides to hit the goal post when it should go completely down the middle. I really didn't know what to say lol:HoosierHoo:

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

What's funny was that I normally don't pay much attention to the kicking meter, but after two misses, I made sure that everything was aligned for the game winner. I might have dropped a few choice words at the TV when my kicker decided to kick it to the sidelines!

12. Jam.

I think your kicker bet on Cal to win...or maybe he's from California.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Haha...its funny we are talking about the kick meter here too. We're having a good discussion about the new Madden kicking too in OMFL.

I think NCAA got it right, and I like our sliders for kicking. Seems a very nice balance we have here.

14. Jam.

Anyone else notice that it's very rare to have an easy game against the CPU? I can't remember the last time I had a cake walk...unrealistic, imo.

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I like working for my wins...blowouts get boring...

16. Jam.

I'm not saying every game should be a blowout, but teams like Penn St. or even Boise St. should be able to blowout lower tier teams.

17. controllerabuser

They are able to. Penn State has won their two CPU games not counting Bama 103-13. Boise has won by two touchdowns in each CPU game.

I had a hard time with Notre Dame, it was a great hard fought game. I didn't do enough to win. With CMU, I made mistakes. Gave them two scores. One was a punt return fumble and the other was a pick that was one of those flops. Then they got the onside which made it closer.

Take a closer look at the scores. Wisconsin is tearing it up as well. If you don't have a top team, you are going to struggle some games. Which I happen to like. I don't like when we have a year where there is 3-4 undefeated teams or 1 loss teams.

18. Jam.

Okay, you're right. I was mistaken. I guess I need to concentrate more against the CPU instead of assuming it's a free win and I'll have an easier time! :)

19. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I hammered iowa state when I played them. Too bad the ea sports server didn't work when I tried to load the game back. The game was 41-0, and my defense was destructive. 6 sacks, a pick, and 2 fumbles. Running game was on point, and Vandenberg was on fire. Instead it got simmed and I lost Adam Robinson for the year.

20. controllerabuser

I just got my ass whoooped by tOSU..

21. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cY3QIo2HQjg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cY3QIo2HQjg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

22. Jam.

Well then, I look dumb now. Just blew out SDSU 45-9

23. controllerabuser

[​IMG]

24. Jam.

Haha whatever, I'm glad I was wrong.

25. controllerabuser

LOL, just kidding..