The Participation Point System- Feedback

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, May 22, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sooooo....

It really grinds my gears when guys don't participate in something as simple as a poll, don't have a trade block, miss sims, dont do team news. Or hell rarely even post...

We currently have 29 human GM's. Of those, maybe half or a little over are actually active outside of exporting.

So... here is what I propose.

It's an idea I stole from another league, and actually used for a small period of time in The Redshirts to find guys who liked to participate without actually having to prod them. Now? I know the league will remain active even if I don't post for weeks.

The premise is simple. The more you do, the more PPT (Participation points you get). You can use these PPT for a whole host of things. I've got a ton of ideas and below are a few of them:

Stadium modifcations
    Change players intelligence, injury rating, work ethic, etc
    increase fan interest
    Buy cash
    increase fan loyalty
    increase market size
    rename players
    give players nicknames

To earn them it would be simple things... Write a league feature. Write a team news. No missed exports for the season, no missed voting for the season, stuff like that.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Pagamer07

Great Idea.

I know I'm one of those that your speaking of.

I am 100% down to be more active this Season and I apologize for not being as active as I should / could have been last year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I'll participate in this thread and offer my thought of I like this idea.

(y)

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I strongly dislike this idea. Winning should be based on actually building a team, instead of how many times you post per day. I have the same disdain for this proposed system that I did for kids staying after class sucking up to the teacher to get bonus points.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think I read this forum more than some of the members.:)

• Like Like x 2
  6. PAgamer07

Which is why it is up for discussion. It may or may not happen. It has it's pro's and it has it's cons as you mentioned.

7. PAgamer07

Hahaha. Which is why Im throwing this out there.

Technically you are a member if you ever get the game.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm trying!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Not spending 3 hours recording Peer Reviews would help, LOL

10. PAgamer07

Yeah.. Ill be glad when we are rid of the douchebags and you don't have to spend your time on that stuff. Although, with a full league, inevitably there will always be new guys unfortunately. Unless we get 32 legit owners from the site.

That would be epic.

11. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I'm personally not a fan of the PPT if it gives an advantage to a certain team in-game. I'm all for promoting more involvement and participation but not at the expense of hurting the game experience.

As far as articles, it only takes 6-12 users to provide enough content to immerse the league in the season and although I like reading each team thread, I don't see it as a necessity. I would be more in favor in allowing changes like "nicknames" or "names" for participation.

12. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'm down with this idea for sure

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We will. Wait until June 4th.

14. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

My birthday! :D

What are we doing that day?

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Seriously?

16. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Yep, June 4th is my birthday...

Its a BIG ONE this year... the big...

30!!! :eek:

17. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

In every online OOTP league I've been in, its almost always has the same general formula (50% export and do basic trade block/poll posts, 20% export and do team/league articles, 20% export and remain under the radar, 10% have trouble exporting and are constantly swapped for new users).

18. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

So they have made changes to make me want to get Madden this year. If its not as arcadey and more sim like I might have to pick it up. Wanting for the fourth.

19. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

great idea, im just not a fan of it.

i have zero interest in writing any type of article for my team. i dont need a trade block thread, i can pm people etc if interested or add guys to the trade block within the game itself.

i just dont think being active in forum posts/threads should matter in terms of helping you win.

the satisfaction i get from this game is sim to sim, seeing say 27 of 30 teams being active in the exports throughout the whole season. i dont think i missed one sim all season.

not liking this may come from me not being a part of forum based leagues the past 8 years as well. but with that said, im active in the forums in general here at Tradition.

guys obviously have work, family, kids, etc etc etc, everyone deals with something.. then they in say one Madden league, one NCAA league, one NHL league, and this league. the last thing they want to do is write articles, trade blocks, team threads etc.

i love seeing others do it, bc i read it all, but as i said above i have zero interest in doing so. great idea though, i see where you are going with it. i wonder how many of the guys have only visited the forum here say 10 times and under throughout the season?

20. PAgamer07

I swear... if you get the game Shaun needs to find a spot for you. Straight up as sim as Ive ever played on the site.

Although... if you get the Steelers it will be over my dead body :)

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Well, a recommendation by you puts him pretty high on my list.

22. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Damn so im around till June 4th thanks for the heads up lol

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, that's when the big Madden news drops ND.

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I have a feeling Shaun's going to talk me into getting Madden this year... I haven't bought it in 3-4 years. As long as I have the time for a league on here I'll probably buy it though.

25. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm in favor of it. Ideally its something we can ween ourselves off of in a season or 2 when people start participating without prodding. A good bit of this league is SUPPOSED to be participating in the forums. I understand exporting and being active in game is important, but it may as well be a solo league if people aren't doing shit on the forums.