The Penn State Scandal

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Nov 11, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The Penn State Scandal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Link To Grand Jury Report:​
    Figured we needed an area to talk about this besides on statuses. Please read the grand jury report before responding, it'll really help you get a better understanding of the entire case. We're all grown so please check emotions at the door and please keep all the immature comments/jokes to yourself.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My thoughts:

After reading this I still don't think JoePa should be labeled a 'bad guy' in this situation. An investigation was opened (and closed) after he reported it to his superiors if I read that right. What more could he have done? Law enforcement didn't pursue it.

Those other witnesses, the GA and the janitor... they should be labeled as the ones who failed those kids. They saw it with their own eyes and did nothing about it. Nothing. I can see a 'third party' not reporting it to the police but to his superior in that situation. But an eye witness? They should of reported it to the police, especially the GA after realizing he was never interviewed by any police officer regarding the incident.

Other than that, Sandusky is a very sick person. Hope he gets locked up in NJ, them DAMU will ensure he doesn't get to trial.

3. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

more or less agree...although I think JoePa had the power to push the issue. If JoePa KNEW about the rape and didn't pursue it more, then he's on the hook. If the GA did NOT tell JoePa EVERYTHING he saw, then its all on the GA and JoePa is ok. We'll probably never know exactly what the GA told JoePa though. The GA is the first guy that should have been fired though.

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Couldnt disagree more. The whole bunch should be gone. Im a Penn State fan, but Ive always felt our University held a much higher standard than most. Ive been proven wrong.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."- Albert Einstein

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

News today is that McQuery actually stopped the assault AND WENT TO THE POLICE!! This is getting crazy. Is it possible that the police told him to 'keep it lowkey' before he went to JoePa or did JoePa, who probably has tremendous pull in that area, use his celebrity status to make this 'go away'? Man... what a world we live in.

6. Jasoncatg

Jasoncatg Walk On

As a teacher, coach, and mentor at different places one of the things you go through during orientation is an hour on sexual abuse. It's always uncomfortable, but the procedure is clear. Maybe the laws are worded different in FL than in PA, but it is mandatory to report any case of abuse. I've had to "make the call" when a kid shows up with red marks on his wrist or neck, it's not fun, but it's the procedure we follow. There isn't a "tell the person above you" it's a call the cops, because you're liable. This isn't a "good samaritan" act of you calling the cops to report an accident, it is your legal responsibility to report of a known situation.
    As someone mentioned above everyone who knows should go down in flames.
    Should Joe Pa serve jail time? Let's reverse the rolls for a second. If it was your son or grandson and the eye witness to this all told Joe Pa. I know it's disturbing as hell, but I would bet that the eye witness told Joe Pa more than "it made me uncomfy." When someone goes to have a conversation like that they let it all, I doubt they're holding back anything. If he wanted to hold it back he would've taken it to his grave.
    Shame on Mcqueary tho for allowing Joe Pa and "the administration" to bury this for 8 years. However, I just saw that they are saying he took it the police.
    This is going to get ugly. And I'm glad, stuff like this needs to be brought to the forefront, and made an example of.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Sandusky is also denying everything except for taking showers with the kids, which he admits he probably shouldn't have done.

Defense is saying that they have identified a few of the victims in the grand jury report and that they believe that some of them will come forward and say that the accounts/incidents never happened.

It keeps getting more and more interesting each day... especially when you consider that the introduction of new details seem to contradict everything else.

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Did you hear Sandusky's answer when Bob Costas asked him if he is sexually attracted to young boys? Creepy.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah.... lol. Lots of long pauses and then 2 mins later decides to deny it.

"Ummmmm.... well. I like young people. I like being around kids." Meanwhile his lawyer is gritting his teeth like, "you fucking idiot, a simple NO would have sufficed."

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I wish Costas would have said "What seems right about an old man showering with a 10 year old boy?"

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I check ESPN everyday hoping the NBA lockout ends but everyday something new with Penn State pops up.

• Like Like x 1