The Pipeline (Season 2: The Opening)

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Aug 4, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

The Pipeline
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Opening
    The Opening presented by Nike Football is four days of dynamic training, coaching and competition featuring the nation’s top 150 players. Every position and every aspect of the game will be highlighted over the course of the four-day program.

State Breakdown-Below lists the states with the most representatives here at The Opening.
    California: 21
    Florida: 17
    Texas: 16
    Michigan: 12
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offensive MVP

[​IMG]
    Reminds us of: Aaron Murray

Schools: [​IMG] (Committed)

Cox is a 6’1 218 lb athlete out of Virginia, who has committed to his in-state Hokies. Cox spent the majority of the weekend behind center, but displayed excellent ability at cornerback as well. One has to believe, however, his future in Blacksburg is as a signal caller. Despite his great pocket presence, accuracy, and arm strength, Cox is also extremely athletic, clocking a 4.44 40 yard dash. Just how will he fit into Coach DerekC ‘s pro-style offense? We caught up with the nation’s #1 rated prospect to find out.

TP: First of all, Isaac, congratulations on both the offensive MVP award and your recent commitment to Virginia Tech.

IC: Thanks! I am pretty pleased with how I played this weekend against the nation’s top talent. As for Virginia Tech, I’m just glad the process is over with.

TP: Tell us a bit about why you chose the Hokies.

IC: Well first of all, I preferred staying close to home. I’m very much a mama’s boy, and love being around my family. Blacksburg is close enough to be close to my family, yet far enough away to have some breathing room from them. It’s a nice balance. Other than that, I really thought I had the opportunity to play early at Tech, with Logan Thomas graduating this year. Coach Derek sold me on how I could follow in his footsteps.

TP: Sounds great, Isaac. So you’re for sure playing QB? Any plans to use you in the secondary?

IC: Yes, Coach Derek made it clear I was being recruited as a QB. Most schools said the same.

TP: Now you’re a bit more athletic than your average QB. How do you think that translates to this pro-style Hokie offense?

IC: I think it suits me well. I’m a pocket passer first and foremost, I only use my athleticism to get myself out of trouble. I think it’s perfect for this offense, I can stay in the pocket and work on developing my pro game, and I can use my speed to get out of trouble.

TP: Once again, congratulations on everything. We wish you the best, Isaac.

IC: Thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defensive MVP

[​IMG]
    Reminds us of: Manti Te’

Schools: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brown is a rock solid Mike backer, listed at 6’3 228 lbs and room to fill out that frame. He squatted an unbelievable 595 pounds, benched 430, and ran a 4.50 40 yard dash. He displayed a quick burst, great play recognition skills, and is a tackling machine. He needs to work on his coverage skills a bit, but his instincts and physical tools are top notch. He’s currently ranked #3 on the ESPN150, and validated such a high ranking this past week. We were able to grab Tyrone in between 7 on 7 drills:

TP: Tyrone, great to see ya man! How are you feeling out there?

TB: I feel great. This is an awesome event that really brings out the best in all these guys.

TP: That's great to hear, Tyrone. You've dominated all week long, how do you feel about the Manti Te'O comparisons? Any interest in Notre Dame to follow in his footsteps?

TB: It's a huge honor. I mean, obviously he's the best linebacker in the country, and one of the best leaders. No interest in Notre Dame, my final two are Auburn and Oregon.

TP: Any direction you're leaning at this point?

TB: I'd actually take the time to announce my commitment to Auburn University!

TP: Wow! Breaking news here, and I'm sure this will devastate Coach Danthraxxx over in Eugene.

TB: I love Coach Dan, I just felt at home in Auburn and want to play SEC ball. Everything just felt so right there, and I fit into their defense perfectly.

TP: Great to hear, Tyrone. We won't keep you from spreading the word. Congratulations!

TB: Thanks! War EAGLE!

[​IMG] COMMITTED

Fast Risers

[​IMG]
    Reminds us of: Philip Lutzenkirchen

Schools: [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Over the last 3 months, no player has climbed our rankings like Johnson. The 6’5 tight end is as complete of a tight end as there is in the country, yet he has only received one offer up until this point. He isn’t a burner, but he’s a very capable receiver. Moreover, he’s a willing blocker with good strength and fantastic technique. He’s very high on LSU, Nebraska, and Kansas State. UNC is his only offer up until this point. We tracked Eddie down to get his thoughts on his ascension.

TP: Eddie, awesome performance this week. How are you feeling after that very competitive week?

EJ: I feel great, this was a tremendous experience. I was a bit nervous at first, being around all these highly touted guys. But I settled in and thought I did well.

TP: No doubt, Eddie. We thought you performed better than any TE at the event. How does it feel to be getting so much attention now, after being ranked so low for so long?

EJ: It’s pretty gratifying; a lot of hard work has gone into that. My team won the 5A State Championship two years in a row, and we had really good tight ends. It was tough for me to get time, especially weighing only 205 lbs. With hard work and a strict diet, I have gained well over 40 pounds.

TP: Wow, that’s remarkable. So tell us where you stand with your recruitment.

EJ: I’ve got a top three of LSU, Nebraska and Kansas State. I grew up a big LSU fan, but they have tons of depth at TE, and haven’t offered.

TP: UNC is your only offer, right?

EJ: Yeah, they’ve been after me since about the second week of the season. To be honest, I know nothing about the football program. I really like Coach Peench, but I just haven’t heard much about them. Right now they are fourth, but are definitely gaining ground. I’m going to see them, and can’t wait to see what that campus is like.

TP: Thanks for your time, Eddie. Good luck with your recruitment.

EJ: I appreciate it.

[​IMG]
    Reminds us of: Keith Price

Schools: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nash is a big bodied pro-style QB, who has emerged from relative obscurity by wowing scouts with an impressive arm at NFSC events this year. After earning an invitation to The Opening, Nash didn’t disappoint, displaying great poise and a great arm all week long. His favorites include Clemson, Auburn, and Florida, but he has yet to receive an offer. After jumping to #133 in the ESPN150, perhaps schools will start to take notice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The Freak”

The freak award is presented annually to the most physically impressive player at The Opening. The award is given by the Freak himself, none other than retired NFL DE Jevon Kearse.

[​IMG]
    Reminds us of: Dorial Green-Beckham

Schools: [​IMG][​IMG]

At 6’5 223 pounds, Roberts towers over opposing defensive backs. He benched an incredible 370 pounds, had a 38 inch vertical leap, and ran a blistering 4.36 40 yard dash. Roberts is no doubt a freak of nature, and he possesses all the tools necessary to be a dominant receiver at the next level. Right now, it appears Roberts has UNC and VT alone in the top 2. Word is that he expects to commit to Virginia Tech on his visit in Week 8. If not, it'll surely be the Tar Heels. Every cornerback in the ACC just got the chills.

This concludes our coverage of The Opening. The Pipeline will have coverage of two other NFSC events this year: The Northwest regional in Seattle, and the Southeast regional in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. I Peench

3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I never have people in these, because my pipeline is Canada. Can we do a Pipeline: Canadian Edition, Eh?! :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

It's hard for me to put people together for this, because I can't scout everyone. I usually ask guys what their ratings are if they've committed or are well in front of any users. Never hesitate to "nominate" a player. The Opening is limited to top 150 players though.

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Awesome!!

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I was more bemoaning my shitty recruiting than anything else, lol.

7. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG]

8. I Peench

It'll be interesting to look back on these guys in a few years

9. I Peench

Your time will come, my friend

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Hey Libby made it back to a thread , good for her.

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

this is greatness.