The play clock question ...

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 18, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Just wondering something ... are folks letting the play clock run down a bit before picking their plays? Say to the 25/20 second mark before picking?

Or are folks going at a breakneck speed and getting their plays in before 30?

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think I call the play pretty fast, it just really depends on how fast I can find a play I want to run

3. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

ditto -- i try not to pick them too quickly esp. bc there is no accel clock

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I milk the clock from beginning to end.

5. DU55

DU55 Walk On

I usually have a pretty good idea of the play I wanna run next, so I pick pretty fast, so I am a culprit of this. With the acc clock not working I'm gonna have to break the habit of doing this.

I think this may have been the reason why my preseason week 4 game (61-50 final score) was so crazy a score.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I generally drain it close to the 20-25 mark, i pick my plays fast so sit on the line for a bit just to wait for my opponents to make any shifts/adjustments(dont want to snap ball while they shift creating a defensive jump) and also to kill some time, or else we'd be running like 80 plays.

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

this is what i was thinking. if people call plays a bit too quickly it tends to throw the pacing of the game off. With no accel clock you really want to spend at least 10 seconds picking your play. On the flip side, you also don't want to be ticking it down to under 10 every play until late in the game either.

(which is why I wish they'd fix accel clock in online games - if it works and is the default in MUT and online games, why isn't it working in franchises?)

• Like Like x 1
  8. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Gotta admit that I have a bad habit of breaknecking it since I play offline so much but I have been keeping the clock running down in mind. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't bugging anybody by waiting even after I pick my plays but if this is something we are looking to do I will totally do this more now.