The Playoff Push

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by cry_havoc, Mar 19, 2013.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Its been quiet as of late and being that theres only a couple of weeks remaining to solidify spots to the 2016 playoffs, I figured I'd prep us a little bit. As always were left with drama towards the end of the season as a couple of divisions are wide open. Lets take a gander, shall we.

[​IMG]NFC North

Is lead by...yes once again the Packers(11-2). By far one of the most consistant teams yet. Rodgers is still doing his thing and the Pack find themselves quietly skipping into the playoffs as the #2 seed. Right behind them is the always surging Bears(8-5), who never go away. At this point it looks like Coach Zo will be finding a ticket for the Wild Card.

[​IMG]NFC South

A very powerful team...the Panthers are rolling through the NFC and boast the best record at 12-1. There balance of Offense and a hardnosed D have proven us that there the real deal. Panthers currently are coasting on the #1 seed and Its clear they'll stay there. The Saints(9-4) have hung in all year long, especially without that Brees fella. Never underestimate them. Theyll be shooting for a Wild Card.

[​IMG]NFC West

The desert has been hot all year long...about as hot as there pride and joy the Cardinals(10-3). No one stands in the way of QB Merian as hes the sizzle on opponents plates. I wouldnt be surprised if we see a strong run out of this team. The Cardinals currently sit at the #3 seed and I cant see much less than that.

[​IMG]NFC East

This clearly is the tightest division in the NFC down the stretch. The Giants have came on strong this year. There explosiveness on offense has been the key. There 9-4 record isnt too comforting as the Eagles(8-5), like always are in the mix. With the Eagles being a game behind I see this division coming down to week 17.

[​IMG]AFC North

The one division where everyone goes "well fuck me" has stayed true throughout. We've seen 3 teams lead the division throughout the year. Can Coach Mims stay away from Choke City? With the Ravens(8-5), Browns(7-6), and Steelers(7-6) all within a game this will all serve us some excitement as a ticket to the playoffs will be punched in week 17.

[​IMG]AFC South

The SB Champs of a season ago(not counting sim) have come Stampeding back. Not much has changed in the south as Andrew Luck is having his best year to date and has anchored his Colts to a 13-0 record. They'll punch the #1 seed in the AFC. Behind them the Texans(9-4) and Titans(8-5) have been strong all year. Both stingy and ready to win...the AFC South could send 3 teams to the playoffs.

[​IMG]AFC East

The young Dolphins(10-3) have been a force all year. Coach Olsen has demanded success all year and his team has responded. WR Young is beast on the offensive side and just about the whole Phins defense are playmakers. They currently sit as the #2 seed. The Patriots(8-5) and Jets(7-6) still have there minds on a playoff run but need to have a strong finish and some help.

[​IMG]AFC West

The Chiefs and Chargers are at each others necks. Both sitting at 7-6, makes these next 3 weeks a doozy. QB Pooh Carlson has exploded this season for the Chargers...and Coach Javy still has Jammal Charles. The Broncos and Raiders are in the distance, but believe it or not...mathematically, theres still a chance.

And there ya have it. Best of luck the rest of the way fellas. Go get em!!!!

• Like Like x 8
  2. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Very nice read James(y) , I like the "Well Fuck Me" Division :hilarious: .... And can please someone beat those dam Giants, Eagles and Saints:banghead: ... I need another playoff run...:D LOL

4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Ha
    hahah i chuckled myself as i wrote it

5. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Well done James!

I will have to be extremely lucky to maintain the #1 seed, as I have a tough 3 games left and the Packers hold the tie breaker over my Panthers.

6. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Proud member of the well fuck me division

Nice Write up(y)

• Like Like x 2
  7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Hahaha i figured most if not all of you guys in the North would like that

8. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Yea the one thing i didnt do is check everyones schedule...regardless your looking at the #2 if not #1.

• Like Like x 1
  9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Lol @ "Well, Fuck me."

Good write up. Hope you all are enjoying the season. It seems like not a lot has changed, except Doug escaping the cellar. ;)

10. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

His Phins have come out and played there asses off this season. Helps having 15 picks in the first 2 rounds the past 4 seasons hahah

• Like Like x 1
  11. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Nice read, just hoping to make the tournament and try and win at least 1 damn playoff game this release

• Like Like x 4
  12. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

No love for the Pooh led Chargers, just some more bulletin board material before the big game with the Chiefs this week.

13. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Great win by the Chargers against the Chiefs, now who do they play on week 17... well u guest it DA RAIDERS.... Javy will be looking at this one real close...

Whatever happens it should a fun way to end the season...

14. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Raiders, the team that I have yet to beat. hopefully it wont be a game of need for the Chargers.

If anything, should be a shootout.

15. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Sorry buddy this game will not happen after all that has transpired... Its a shame cuz we always had great games.

16. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Come on man, don't do that

17. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Hey Curt how would u feel if after 6 or 7 years of being part of a group u get discarded like garbage just beacuse... Without an explaination or a reason... How would u feel Dog?

18. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I don't know how I'd feel but u can at least finish the season, is what I'm saying

• Like Like x 2
  19. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'd highly encourage you to finish out the season because you never know what the future holds and if you want a legitimate shot at returning it would look good on your part for finishing out the season. I am sure the Staff wouldnt forget the guys that just up and quit with 2 games left in the season. I was in a similar situation as you were a few years ago and learned a few lessons and was eventually given another chance.

Anyways just my .02

• Like Like x 4
  20. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

To add to this, Mike, I understand that you and Alonso are recruiting the guys to start a league of your own. You may want to show those that you are recruiting that you are willing to finish what you had started. Up to you, though. If you decide to step down now, I understand. Miki1369

• Like Like x 1