The Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Aug 18, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

... should be up soon.

Let's use this thread to talk about red-shirts, initial interest from recruits, scheduling possibilities, pre-season rankings, etc.

(Of course, also post here when you're done with red-shirts and your recruiting board.)

What else are we going to do while we wait for Archie to perfect the schedule? ;-)

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

After a bit of time with my roster last night, I'm really excited for Season 2. I've got a couple freshman who will come in and get time right away (namely the 5-star receiver I was able to nab), a couple of 1- and 3-star JUCOs who will be solid contributors in the next couple of years, a some solid progression from my mostly young roster. My best player is a 91 overall C, I lost a 1,400-yard running back, my #1 receiver, my impact middle linebacker, but I feel like my team is better overall now. If I can have another solid recruiting class, I really feel like we can make some noise in the Pac 12 in the near future.
    This is why I love this game!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm also excited about the new year. I'll be redshirting a bunch of my new guys, but it's nice to get rid of the names I've been reading in the papers. After hearing the news out of Miami, though, I feel like their crimes are pretty small. Man, Miami is going to get squashed in this one. May be our first death penalty since Craig James and the SMU Mustangs.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

I am excited to, hopefully the patch from ea fixes a bunch of issues and this season goes better.

Miami is in big trouble but I doubt they get the death penalty, to much money involved.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I'm excited about Lattimore's return and the emergance of Jadevious Clowney. I have a few recruits who will play, but most will redshirt.
    I'm hoping to nab a 5 star or two this year.

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I've got 5 stars interested !!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. egofailure

Arizona isn't very good this year, but there's a decent foundation being established. We're not quite at Washington's level yet, but there are some fun, albeit flawed, young players I'm looking forward to playing with and seeing improve the next few seasons. I have more speed on both sides of the ball (which should also be fun), and due to some promises not to red-shirt several incoming freshman, I'll be incorporating many players into my game plan in creative fashion.

I don't have a lot of strong initial interest from top players again this year, but I plan on workin' my butt off to get a few of e'm to Tucson before the year's through. The challenge of building up a program, while trying to find ways to win ballgames, is what really gets me addicted to this game/league.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'll be taking care of my preseason in the next hour

9. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Holy shit - Michigan is going to be a tough win this year. Robinson is the fastest person to ever touch a football, the O-Line is great and the rest of the team is loaded with speed as well. Let's hope the patch fixes that long-term injury bug before mid-season.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Lol... Let's hope not... Denard's clitoris seems to still be awfully weak...

Btw, I'll be done with pre-season in a few minutes... Logging in now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. egofailure

JCA's headed to football practice. He wanted me to communicate that 1) He's done with pre-season and 2) He's excited to go up against Oklahoma.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm working on my preseason now.

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

Wisconsin is ready now.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Utah is done

16. egofailure

Arizona's done.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If Utah is done, then just SCU and Bama remain, and both are online right now. Should be soon.

18. egofailure

Sweet-a-leet.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

says they're both ready, but I'm going to give it a few minutes anyway, just to be safe.

20. Big D

Big D Walk On

@everybody i will post spreads ASAP if you give me a few minutes. . .just in case some guys are looking to kick off user games immediately

21. bdub

bdub Walk On

It's wouldn't mark me as done for some reason but I am

22. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Is the defending Pac 12 Champion really crying poverty? I would like an explanation on the meaning of the bold part, because I believe the facts are on my side my friend and you are one sand-bagging mofo! :D

23. egofailure

Haha, crying poverty? No, not at all ... just tellin' it how it is! Winning last year's PAC-12 title was awesomely unexpected. A lot went my way for that to happen, including Stanford's mysterious 4-game losing streak to end the season. This year, we're younger, less talented, and set to face strong competition throughout the year.

I'm not complaining though; it's going to be a lot of fun. We're just another year or two away from competing with the PAC-12 big dogs. You know, like those Huskies of Washington. ;-)

24. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You have a better roster than I do top to bottom. Couple that with the fact that you actually won the conference, I'm pretty sure you are the much bigger dog!

25. egofailure

[​IMG]