The Pregnancy Thread

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by niuhuskie224, Jun 3, 2013.

1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

As weird as the title is, this something I need to post for myself and maybe for some other guys in the community in my boat.

My wife and I have been trying for 10 months, with no results. We want to have a child and I am starting to worry that something is wrong.

Tonight, it hit a head with my best friend, who's wife had a major surgery last year on her lady stuff, called to let me know they were expecting.

I am just at a point where I don't know who to even talk to. My friends are a no go because we are all friends with my best friend and my family is just as anxious for us to get pregnant so talking to them will result in a "try harder" speech.

I am not looking for advice or even feedback. Tonight is rock bottom. Tonight makes me feel as though we will never get there even though my buddy and his wife being pregnant, doesn't mean we can't/won't.

Just bumming.

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The wife and I tried for 7 years, going through all the fertility stuff, etc. until we took a break and just started concentrating on ourselves and having fun and wham, it happened. My point is that I think stress has alot to do with it, imho and just take a break, practice as much as ya can, and let the chips fall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Sorry to hear that man. I wish you the very best of luck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Pray. The power of prayer.

• Like Like x 3
  5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    What Knoles said. When it's time, it's time. It will happen when the Big Man/Woman upstairs decides its time buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

niuhuskie224

From a strict medical perspective, if you look at her menstrual cycle you'll be able to find a point of a 3 day window where she is at her most fertile for ovulation. This is when they suggest that you try. However, the keyword to remember is try because if you make it a chore and start to get stressed out about it her body and yours is going to act differently in regards to it. You need to make it a special night, have some fun with it, but dont make it a chore. Don't stress yourself into thinking okay this has to happen now. Let it naturally happen and she needs to do the same. She needs to be as relaxed as possible for it to actually occur and for her body to welcome it. Otherwise the stress of not having been pregnant will unknowingly force her body to not allow it and to push the ovulation cycle out of wack. I can give you more of the strict medical side of things if you want, but overall put yourself and her at more ease about it and just relax. A little prayer and not thinking or worrying about it so much will help. Let it happen naturally and keep the stress level down and romance level high. The belief is the more passionate the intimacy is the easier it is to get pregnant because the body is so in-tune with what is going on it isn't stressing or worrying it is living in the moment and loving every second of it.

Best of luck! (y)

• Like Like x 1
  7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

My advice is stop trying and just enjoy each other.

• Like Like x 2
  8. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Thanks for the support guys. Just getting hard especially when you are at that age when everyone is getting there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I've been there man, mom was dying of cancer.. only son.. no other grandkids... etc. Once we stopped trying so hard and just lived our lives in a normal fashion, it happened.

• Like Like x 1
  10. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I think part of it is, whenever we try to relax, it just gets put back at us that someone else is. In the last year 10 people we know have gotten pregnant. It seems like we are the only ones left so trying to relax is even harder.

We have the summer off since we teach so hopefully we can get in some nice relaxing time and have it happen.

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Thanks for the more medical side. That is one of the most interesting parts of this whole thing to me. For as much as we know about how it works and stuff, the amount we don't know and the amount of luck involved is crazy to me.

12. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

We have a couple who are trying for their 2nd and have been at it for 3 years. There isn't any reason they can't but it just isn't happening.

Glad to hear it finally happened for you. We haven't gotten to the fertility doctor part yet and I think that part scares the shit out of me. I just hope everything for that is fine for the both of us. I know there are always other options but that would still be a tough pill to swallow.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully we can relax and make it happen.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Was she on the pill? If so how long? It took my buddy and his wife 18 months after she was off it to get pregnant. I don't remember how long he told me she was on it though.

14. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

She was. For 5 years so we know that could be a part of it.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Best advice you can follow right there.

Fertility doctor is something that you can look into but the best thing is to stay relaxed, keep it fun and on the calendar try to figure out and mark when she starts her period each month. If it is around the same time, find the point almost exactly between the 30 days that it happens, that is going to be your most fertile time for her. Do a big thing for her near that time to help her relax and be calm and spark some romance for that night. It'll put more endorphine's into her body (the chemical the brain releases for pleasure and used to decrease pain also) it will increase the pleasure of the sex and decrease her ability to worry about the pregnancy aspect as well as the romantic aspects you did for her for that night. Even if it isn't something great she will appreciate the effort you are doing, the best thing I can suggest is a full body massage as it releases the endorphine's at that point into the body and opens the receptors of the brain to pleasure that much more as it puts it into a full relaxed state.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Wow I feel ya man. Mom was fighting lymphoma for 3 years and had stopped treatment until we told them we were expecting at Xmas. No other children except me and no grandkids, she went through 3 more rounds of chemo so she could see him. I won't go into the other circumstances but she said it was well worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I am two years older than you (30) and I'm not trying to have a kid yet. :) Enjoy each other, like other people have said, it will come. Don't let family members pressure you into having kids. My wife and I have decided we're going to enjoy each other and enjoy our youth a bit more before we have a child.