Archived The Press Room

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ticketp1, Dec 24, 2010.

1. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to the 2014 BCS Chaos Press Room, where coaches will always be on the hot seat.

2014 Team Previews

Below is the post Jerzey put up about our team previews. As he said, feel free to structure your preview however you want but please answer the questions he posted.

For this season we're going with every coach writing their own season preview. Their will be no dictating of how this is suppose to be written but we need to have some 'set' questions answered for every coach. Now I'll start this off and if you have any questions you want every coach to answer please add to the list.

Preseason Questions to be answered:

• Who are your top 3 players returning this season? How will they impact the season?
    • Players who have moved on that you'll miss this season? Prediction for their replacements?
    • Areas of concern. Example: "I have some young guys on the line, Joe Blow (12OVR), is my starting guard."
    • What will you 'rest your hat on'? Example: "My defensive secondary are all seniors and rated 99, if they play well we win"
    • If you go 1-11, who would you want that 1 win to come against?
    Here are some things that sdid covers. Great topics:

Team
    offensive playbook
    defensive playbook
    Key Losses
    Key Returners
    Players you expect to be all-conference caliber
    Will any freshman or signees contribute this year?
    Season outlook/predictions for your team
    Game you have marked ( dont give me the one game at a time, or they are all big BS)
    National Champion:
    User OPOY
    User DPOY
    User COTY

• Like Like x 2
  2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scholarships: 23 (58/70 roster size. 21 SRs)
    • Offensive Playbook: Pistol/Pro (will decide before Week 2)
    • Defensive Playbook: 3-4
    • Key Players Lost
      • Fitzgerald Toussaint HB. Last Season Stats: 197att 1387yds 16TD
    • Key Players Returning
      • Devin Gardner SR(RS) QB. Last Season Stats: 132/259 2753yds 24TD 18INT
      • Brandon Reid SR MLB. Last Season Stats: 84tkls (61 solo) 3sks 2FF
      • Jim Redd SR DT. Last Season Stats: 42tkls (35 solo) 9TFL 5sks
    • Players I'm expecting huge seasons from:
      • Devin Gardner QB. He needs to become a more accurate passer if this team will go anywhere. He showed in the bowl game last season that he can put up huge numbers. With no 'Toussaint' caliber back backing him up this season the pressure is on his shoulders. I hate to tell a kid that our season depends on him but you have to call 'em how you see 'em.
    • Areas of Concern:
      • Offensive Line. Once again my O-Line is terrible. I had a couple of guys in the bag but let them slip away late. As a result, I have walk ons starting. Can't get any worse than what I have protecting Gardner this season. Good thing this kid has wheels because he's going to need them.
    • Freshman Impact:
      • Ray Patterson WR. Look for the kid to get plenty of looks this year. With not a lot of guys sitting above him on the depth chart he will get plenty of opportunities to prove why he was such a coveted recruit.
    • Season Prediction:
      • 6-6 (4-4). Complete repeat of last year. I wouldn't be surprised if I struggled from the start this season. With a tough Week 2 game at Oklahoma I expect to be behind the 8 ball early. Will I go down without a lot of shit talking and fight? Hell no! I won't go out like that. Success at this point will be cherished. If I can get some things to fall my way hopefully I can play spoiler instead of being an easy 'W' for the elite of the Big 10.
    • Game of the Year
      • Ohio State. As the head ball coach of Michigan if I say any game is bigger than going to the Horseshit this season and taking on Coach Ben and his boys I'd be lying. I can go 1-11 this season but if that one win is versus OSU I'd be a happy soul.
    • Conference/National Champion Prediction
      • Conference: Ohio State. I don't think MSU has the firepower to stick with the Buckeyes this season. Can't count Gabeastmode out but I think his conservative approach will break this season.
      • National: Florida. Bits has a NFL team to work with. If they don't win the National Championship I'd be surprised. 13-1 last season with a less talented team. Crazy to think it but they have improved by a lot.
    • Heisman Prediction
      • Keith Humphrey WR Michigan State. Over 1700 yards last season for the Spartans, I expect him to put up similar numbers even without Boisture throwing him the rock.
    • Offensive POY:
      • Keith Humphrey WR Michigan State. Same reasons as above.
    • Defensive POY:
      • Unknown.
    • Coach of the Year:
      • LambeauLeap Auburn. I think he's going to knock the powerful Bayou Bengals this year. Yeah, you've read it here first!

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

good read, Ray. Interesting prediction on Auburn. Lambeau has beaten Maximus before with a less talented team, but LSU is STACKED.

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida Gators 2014 Pre-Season Press Conference

Coach 2Bits steps to the mic and the floor is now open for questions:

Who are your top 3 players returning this season? How will they impact the season?
    Tough question. No really. We have a lot of guys coming back this season who will make a significant impact. Let's start on defense with Dominique Easley and Sharrif Floyd up the middle. Melvin Blake and Dylan Zeigler at LB will also be huge contributors, not to mention Randall McClain at CB.

On offense look to our WR core. Gray, Dunkley, and Robinson are arguably the best trio in America.

Players who have moved on that you'll miss this season? Prediction for their replacements?
    Trey Burton on offense is a huge loss for us. Say what you want about his talent level, he took this team to a step away from a national championship. We are confident that Anthony Swain will step in and run the offense well.

Any areas of concern?
    We have two new starters in the secondary, but both guys are highly talented and were top notch recruits. We feel good about them back their. So to answer your question, no.

What will you "rest your hat on" this season?
    Stick to the "plan to win." Play great defense, execute on offense, and win the turnover battle.

If you were to go 1-11, whom would you want to beat for that 1 win?
    LSU in Atlanta. It is clear to everyone that LSU / Florida has become THE rivalry in the SEC and arguably the entire country. In 7 games we have beaten them 5 times, but their two victories have come in SEC title games. I would trade our 5 for those 2. Needless to say, we have that game circled on the calendar.

[​IMG]
    Offense: Spread (UL Monroe)
    Defense: Multiple
    Seniors: 20
    Roster Size: 67
    Scholarships Available: 23

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I just think Lambeau knows what it takes to win... he had ALOT of close games last year... user games are close for the most part, if he keeps LSU close I think he has enough experience to close the door. Something deep down wants me to say your on 'Upset Alert' as well but I think thats probably just gas

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida / LSU is a toss-up. Maximus may even have an advantage. His quarterback is much better than mine and he has, I believe, four 99 overall players.

7. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]

Offense: Virginia Tech (if it ain't broke don't fix it)
    Defense: 3-4 (ditto)
    Seniors: 20
    Roster Size: 68
    Scholarships Available: 25 (thank you +3)
    Who are your top 3 players returning this season? How will they impact the season?

I’m gonna go out on a limb and choose my 99 OVR trio of Sr QB Adam Fitzpatrick, Sr MLB Adam Richardson and Jr ROLB Matt Davis. Fitzpatrick is the leader of the offense. If he plays well and limits mistakes we will be a very dangerous team. He will be in charge of distributing the ball to our talented group of receivers and backs. Surely that is a problem worth having.

Richardson and Davis lead what is likely the most talented LB corps in the nation. They each excel in coverage, will hit you in the mouth, rush the passer well, and love causing turnovers. All I can say is I am glad they are on my side.

Players who have moved on that you'll miss this season? Prediction for their replacements?

#1 CB Brandon Anderson bolted after his junior season for NFL riches. To fill that void we have had to shuffle our defensive backfield. Former FS Eric Reid is taking over that #1 CB spot. He has developed 99 MCV and ZCV so it should not be too difficult. The hole left at FS has been filled by JUCO transfer Gordon Patterson. He brings 99 spd and 94 acc to the party but is not the cover guy that Reid is. His 87 tackling is nothing to be ashamed of. He comes in at 86 OVR. Hopefully these moves help cover the loss.

Areas of concern. Example: "I have some young guys on the line, Joe Blow (12OVR), is my starting guard."

We really have nothing to complain about, which has definitely not always been the case for my long coaching career. The only slight area of concern could be trying to stay step for step with Florida’s explosive group of WRs.

What will you 'rest your hat on'? Example: "My defensive secondary are all seniors and rated 99, if they play well we win"

Offensively we will rest our hats on HBs Kenneth Harley (96) and Justin Miller (94). Our line just needs to give them a small crease and it could be a home run every time they touch the ball. We won’t ignore the passing attack but running is where it’s at.

On defense versatility will be the key. Our 3-4 scheme deploys our extremely talented LBs in a variety of ways. Good luck figuring out who is blitzing or dropping into coverage. The linebackers and safeties will not be afraid to cover WRs 1-on-1 this year so be on the lookout for that.

If you go 1-11, who would you want that 1 win to come against?

Obviously Florida. Beating them in the regular season would be a nice change of pace at the very least. Of course I might commit suicide if we finished 1-11.

Players you expect to be all-conference caliber

Really anyone on offense could make it, but if Fitzy stays healthy I have to think he will make 1st or 2nd team All-SEC. I see a repeat performance out of SS Reggie Leak. He was a ballhawk last year and I think that will continue. We obviously have a talented group on both sides of the ball so I don't know if the individual numbers will be high enough to make All-SEC. We'll just have to wait and see on that front.

Will any freshman or signees contribute this year?

As mentioned earlier FS Gordon Patterson was a JUCO signee this past off-season and he is stepping right into the starting lineup. FR(RS) RT Brian Pearson won the battle with fellow FR(RS) Josh Richardson. Offensive line play is always imprtant so how Pearson performs will have a large impact on the offense as a whole. CB John Newton is fresh out of high school, and as the #1 CB in the nation he comes with a lot of hype. He is the nickel corner this year, which has diminished importance due to the coverage abilities of our backers and safeties but we will need him to perform when called upon. FR(RS) CB Scott Hill is the dime corner and he will likely play sparingly, but we can't have him getting embarrased when he does play. K Aaron Luke is starting at K, P, and KOS due to former K John Martin jumping to the NFL. Luke has a strong leg (96 KPW) but is very erratic (67 KAC).

Season outlook/predictions for your team

I'd be bullshitting you if I said we expected anything less than a national title this year, so I won't. For us it's championship or bust.

Game you have marked (dont give me the one game at a time, or they are all big BS)

Going out west to tangle with #4 USC in week 2 will be a big test, as will the usual SEC throwdowns with Auburn and Florida. Both of those games are on the road also so nothing is being taken for granted. We are 2-5 vs. Florida and have lost every single regular season affair. Hopefully last year's SEC Championship Game was a sign of more good things for the Bayou Bengals.

National Champion: LSU
    User OPOY: QB Adam Fitzpatrick
    User DPOY: SS Reggie Leak
    User COTY: God only knows but I'll go with Coach Benbuckeye taking back the Big Ten title from Coach GaBeastMode and the Michigan State Spartans. Sadly he will end up falling to LSU in the end.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I can't wait until I have the 'problem' of having too much talent... I'm still going to call the Auburn upset but poor Lambeau, I'd hate having to deal with that year in and year out:)

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

LSU will be tough to beat...twice.

10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Im not sure whats wrong but I just typed this whole ***in thing up and it wont post. I have is copied so hopefully it works later....but Im not trying the whole damn thing up agin sry lol

11. BG

BG On The Rize!

[​IMG]
    Offensive PlayBook: Clemson
    Defensive Playbook: Multiple
    Seniors: WIll Post Later
    Roster Size:
    Scholarships Available

(I get three extra due to players I cut not going through)

• Who are your top 3 players returning this season? How will they impact the season?
    I don't have a top 3 returner. With the exception of HB Anthony Lewis, everyone current starter is new. Lewis, a Pre-Season All American candidate, will have to carry the load this season. Despite his tendency to stay injured a lot in his first two seasons with the Noles, he still showed last year that he can play at a very high level. He gained neraly 1450yds and score 17 touchdowns. If Lewis can complete an entire season and stay healthy, look for for great things from this guy.

• Players who have moved on that you'll miss this season? Prediction for their replacements?
    Wow, there are so many. To name a few, QB Marcus Adams will be sorely missed. Anytime you have a guy to throw for over 4500yds and 40 td's in a season, thats very hard to replace. Probably the most missed guy this season would probably be MLB Jeff Luc. Luc was to the Seminole defense as Adams was to the offense. Finding a replacement for such a talent is damn near impossible!

• Areas of concern. Example: "I have some young guys on the line, Joe Blow (12OVR), is my starting guard."
    Our secondary was depleted last year. We tried hard to get some guys in, but to no avail. So many of the guys we have are young freshman and walk on type players. We will have to generate tons of pressure to keep the pressure off of our young and inexperienced group.

• What will you 'rest your hat on'? Example: "My defensive secondary are all seniors and rated 99, if they play well we win"
    My LB core is the strongest unit on the team. Transfer LB, Reggie Hemphill, will try to anchor the defensive unit. The air apparent to MLB Jeff Luc is a tru freshman by the name of Brent Matthews. The 6'5 243lb LB has some big shoes to fill, but has showed signs of greatness in fall practice.

Well, the rivalry started off a little slow, but has come alive the past few meetings. The win would have to come against The Hokies of Virginia Tech. The FSU/Vriginia Tech games have gone back and forth as of late, with each of the winning teams margin of victory no more than a td.

National Champion: LSU
    User OPOY HB Anthony Lewis (FSU)
    User DPOY Adam Richardson (LSU)
    User COTY Undecided

12. Maximus21

With the offensive and defensive players of the year for some reason I was thinking it was just for your own team. For the whole league I will make my picks later.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well since you coach all those future NFL stars I'm pretty sure those kids will have great shots at POTY awards;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

[​IMG]

Playbooks

Offense- Virginia Tech
    Defense - 4-3

Scholarships

Roster - 58​
    Seniors - 18​

Scholarships to give - 30​
    :rolleyes:

All American JR SS Nick Rivas- He is a ball hawk who will lay the wood on opposing receivers crossing the middle. As a Soph he made huge plays for the Hokies and will be looking to make more this year.

JR RG James Harrison - The Hokies gave up over 35 sacks last season.This 6'5 334lb guard will anchor the offensive line that struggled run blocking and protecting the qb last year.

SR QB Ricardo Young - This mobile qb will be leading the Hokie offense and hopefully executing our gameplan to perfection.

David Wilson- This very versatile RB was a huge loss for the Hokies as he put up over 1500 yards rushing and over 20 TDs. His replacements will be FR (RS) RB Daniel Miller and Soph (RS) RB Maurice Bain.

• Areas of concern.
    With the departure of David Wilson the Hokies lost their main offensive weapon.

• What will you 'rest your hat on'?
    The maturing offensive line and defensive front 7 is looking to cause pain on our opponents.

Michigan St. I have yet to beat coach GA and I want this one bad.

National Champion: Florida, team is loaded once again and I think UF will get the edge on LSU this yr.
    User OPOY: SR QB Michigan Devin Gardner, this will be his break out year.
    User DPOY: SR MLB LSU Adam Richardson, this guy is simply a beast.
    User COTY: Ticket and his high powered offense at Oklahoma.

15. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

These are looking great, I'll get mine up tonight or tomorrow morning once I get back from the parents house.

Merry Christmas to you all.

16. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

[​IMG]

Offensive Playbook: Texas A&M​
    Defensive Playbook: Multiple D​
    Scholarships: 21 (Roster Size 65/70 16 Srs.)​

3 Most Important Players:
    - Kenny Stills WR: Stills returned for his senior season and is going to be expected to do big things for the Sooners. Stills is a 99 ovr and will need to have a huge year if we are going to win any games. I will try to find creative ways to get Stills the ball in space and let him make plays.
    - Roy Finch RB: Finch is back for his senior campaign after missing most of last year with an injury. Finch is not a big back, but his 94 speed and 99 acc make him a threat to take it to the house on any play. I will rely on Finch a lot in the running game, getting him anywhere from 20-25 carries/game.
    - Todd Harris MLB: Harris is the quarterback on defense from his MLB position. I will need Harris to man the middle of the defense and shut down opposing offenses. Harris excels at getting off blocks and making plays on run plays and will need to in order for us to win.

Areas of Concern:
    - Defense: My defense has 5 Juniors/Seniors on my two deep roster. That’s not a good sign. We are especially young in the secondary, where we only have 1 Junior and 0 Senior. We’ll need to create some pressure to help out the secondary, but even then I’m not sure how we’re going to stop anyone. We may have to try and outscore every opponent this year.

Freshman Impact:
    - Erik Mitchell DE: Mitchell was the #4 rated DE coming out of high school last year and will see immediate playing time at RE. Mitchell is a little undersized for DE at 6’3” 225 lbs, but he makes up for it with good strength and a relentless motor going after the ball.

Season Prediction:
    - 7-5 (5-3) With a young roster, I’m just hoping we can find a way to make a bowl game this year. We’ll need to play better than our roster suggests in order to win some games. However, if we were to go 1-11, I just hope our 1 win comes against Texas. Seeing as their roster is full of 5* it may be a little tough this year.

National Champion: Florida
    Heisman Winner: Keith Humphrey WR Michigan St.

17. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

The Ohio State Buckeyes
    [​IMG]

Offensive playbook : Boise State
    Defense : 4-3
    Scholarships: 12 (Roster Size 66/8 Seniors)
    Who are your top 3 returning players? and how will they impact the season?

Our top three returning players are. Senior DE Mark Warren (99 overall), Junior and 3 year starter QB Bryon Dawson, and SR HB R. Smith. M. Warren is the highest rated player on the team and also the most consistent. Although Mark doesnt posses top speed he more than makes up for it with technique and instincts. QB Bryan Dawson maybe the most important player this season. Bryon is a tremendous athlete with 91 speed and can throw the ball a mile with 91 arm stregnth. His biggest problems are accuracy and turning the ball over. If Dawson can eliminate the turnovers and complete over 65 percent. Look for him to have a big year. Last but not least is R. Smith. Smith is a big guy 6'2 220 pounds with 91 speed. If the online can open sosme holes look for Smith to have a big year.

Players who have moved on that you will miss? Players who will replace them

The biggest lost for us this year will certainly be D. Carter. Look for youngster K. Wayne to replace him. Wayne has decent siz at 6'1 and great speed 99. Waynes only weakness is he has lapses of concentration.

Areas of concern?

Our biggest concern this year will be our depth, as we are thin at some key areas like RB and QB. If we suffer some tough injuries we could be in trouble. Oh and also our center is dumber than a box of rocks.

What will you rest your hat on?

This season is going to be determined by the legs of R. Smith and our defense. Smith has got some pretty big shoulders and we think he may have to carry a big load. The defense should be very stout this year. As both safeties have some experience and are play makers and both corners are shutdown type corners with 99 overall man coverage. We will go as far as our defense takes us.

If you go 1-11 who would you want that one win aginst?

F*** Michigan

Season Outlook: After last seasons debacle we want to come back strong this year. Although its unrealistic too expect National Championships in this league. We expect nothing less than a BCS game here. Most importantly we need to get back to winning the Big 10 and with the talent we have that should be expected.
    Conference order of Finish: Buckeyes 1st, Michigan 2nd, Sparty 3rd
    National Champion: LSU tigers

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@benbuckeye

Thanks for the kind words;)

Thought for sure you were going to go with this POS:

[​IMG]

19. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

@JerzeyReign Lol your welcome...i would expect the feeling to be mutual...you know Im kinda hoping rich rod does get fired..maybe the OSU players dont treasure there Gold Pants like they should..Im sure if Eddie George had a pair he wouldnt be selling them :thumbsup: on second thought maybe not.

Im to much of a traditionalist to go with them fake helmets...I hated the Nike Pro cambat crap

20. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]
    Offensive PlayBook: Texas​
    Defensive Playbook: 4-3​
    Scholarships: 24
    Roster Size: 70, 24 Seniors
    Top 3 Returning Players
    WR Darius Terrell- Big, quick receiver should have a solid year!
    HB Jared Stanley- quick back should lead the way for a great ground game for the Longhorn's and hes only a Junior
    QB Bryan George- looking to cap off his college career with a big season hopefully he can stay healthy this year to see what this kid can do.
    Area's Of Concern
    Coaching, as were a little bit rusty just hope i can keep this team on track with its high expectations.
    What will you rest your hat on?
    Hopefully Jared Stanley will be a workhorse running the ball so we wont have to go all out air raid, but we still got that in our back pocket if things don't go as planned
    If you go 1-11 who would you want that one win against?
    Oklahoma, of course!
    Season OutLook!
    With this great group of players anything but a Big 12 title and a BCS Bowl game would be a disappointment.​

21. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

@Maximus21

Coach Maximus steps to the mic:

1. Coach, you have plowed through two quality opponents to start the season. Can you comment on how your team has responded to being in the national spotlight?

2. Kenneth Harley blew up against USC. Was the plan to pound the rock with Harley?

3. What are your thoughts on the match-up with Auburn, especially in the wake of coach Lambeau's resignation?

22. Maximus21

Coach Maximus steps to the mic:

1. Coach, you have plowed through two quality opponents to start the season. Can you comment on how your team has responded to being in the national spotlight?

Well at this early stage I have to say we have performed very well. I was unsure how we would do versus a very tough opponent in USC, especially playing on the road. We passed that test, but have 10 more tests to go before SEC Championship weekend. Nothing is taken for granted in this league. Also I think calling Kansas State a quality opponent is mighty generous.

2. Kenneth Harley blew up against USC. Was the plan to pound the rock with Harley?

The LSU game plan is usually to pound the rock. We have two outstanding backs in Harley and Justin Miller so we love to use them. Like Coach Bigtubb_ has said his defense had trouble versus the run all day so we had to take advantage of that.

3. What are your thoughts on the match-up with Auburn, especially in the wake of coach Lambeau's resignation?

Losing a coach in the middle of a season would be tough at any time. It is just compounded since they have to play us this week. Considering how we beat them last year I would be disappointed if we lost the ballgame.

23. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

@JerzeyReign

Coach Jerzey steps to the mic:

1. Coach, can you comment on the big win against Oklahoma in Norman?

2. How are you managing the transition from a disappointing season last year? Is there renewed hope for this team?

3. What are your thoughts on coach GaBeastmode's resignation? Does Michigan have a shot at the Big Ten crown?

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

Coach Jerzey steps to the mic:

1. Coach, can you comment on the big win against Oklahoma in Norman?
    • It was a great game. We really came together as a team which is all I ask for in Ann Arbor, teamwork. According to media outlets we were supposed to be dragged all through Norman. But for some reason these kids play their best versus the best. I brought them in all for different reasons but for one common goal: To win the Big 10. We have some things we need to work on but for the most part I'm proud of the kids. We won't linger on this win forever, in fact we've already began thinking about Rice, but this win was a huge confidence booster.

2. How are you managing the transition from a disappointing season last year? Is there renewed hope for this team?
    • One game at a time. I think last year with the preseason #3 ranking we overlooked some teams we shouldn't have. We can't do that and they showed us why. These kids were brought in by me. I believe in these kids and I need them to believe in my system. Alot of these kids were built for the spread offense, I play West Coast. Devin Gardner has been huge as he worked on his accuracy in the offseason to fit the mold. He's the extension of me, we'll go as far as he takes us. The Big 10 is the best conference hands down but with DG leading us I think we'll make some noise this year.

3. What are your thoughts on coach GaBeastmode's resignation? Does Michigan have a shot at the Big Ten crown?
    • I respect Coach GA and his decision to resign. With the talent level at MSU I don't expect them to fall too far this season.
      • Every team has a shot. Can we win? Yes! Will we win? Something I'm not looking at right now. We play all the 'favorites' this season so we will have a say in it. Only time will tell, only time will tell...

25. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]