The Press Room

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the CoC Press Room, where each week we will pose questions to a few of the league's coaches. Please send your responses to me in a PM.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

First up, the defending BCS Champs...
    [​IMG]
    1. Coach, can you talk about the loss at Auburn earlier in the season? Just how good is Craig Adams?
    2. How focused are you on making it back to the BCS title game? There are a number of scenarios by which the Sonners can make it back.
    3. Your son, Joe Jack, is tearing it up at Miami. Have you had any conversations with him about his NFL prospects? Some have even hinted that he might transfer to Oklahoma. Is there any truth to that?
    BRUCE80

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Funk, you lost a lot of talent from last year's team. Can you talk about the younger guys who have stepped up to fill the void? Who are the leaders on this team?
    2. How worried are you about Auburn? Craig Adams looks like John Riggins out there.
    3. Last year's loss to Florida in Atlanta was disappointing. Is anything short of an SEC Championship a failed season?
    JFunk34

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Run, talk about the progress your team has made this season. Do you feel disrespected by the media not to be ranked at this point?
    Coming into this job, I knew that the talent around here was a little down compared to where this team was about a decade ago. Urban Meyer really drained this program once his main skill position players left, and i knew that there was work to be done......thats why I took this job. That being said, I feel like we have progressed really well this season. Starting off in the swamp against now #1 Florida and Coach Bits was a daunting task, and I feel like our guys really played well for it being our first game. We moved the ball well in the first half, but never could punch it in the endzone. Losing 15-3 was bad, but not the end of the world. Then we welcomed then #9 Auburn and Coach Steve to the Horseshoe and came away with a huge victory. That game alone has set the tone for our season to this point. Once the guys realized that we could play (and win) with the big boys, they really bought into what we are doing here. Auburn had a pleothra of talent, but we won the game. From that game on, we have played pretty good football. Along the way, Northwestern really was our toughest game, as it took a last second FG to seal the victory. I am glad we have games like that b/c it shows the players that anyone in the Big 10 can win on any given day so every game we have to play our best. This weeks win over #23 Iowa was a huge victory. Iowa's arrow has been pointing up over the last few years. We were able to control the game the whole way as our defense played great. Heading into a big game like the one we face next week against Wisconsin, it is nice to build up our confidence a little. We dont want to swell on the big win over Iowa, but we want to build from it.
    As far as rankings go, I feel like we will get ranked when we deserve to be. To me, rankings dont really matter until late in the season and there is plenty of time left for us. I know this team can make some noise when it comes to playing with the big boys, but we will have to let the games we play speaks as to how we should be ranked. Ultimately for us, it comes down to 2 things. Win our conference and beat Michigan. If we can do those things on a regular basis, then everything else will pan out.
    2. Is a Big Ten title a realistic goal for the Buckeyes this year?
    The Big 10 Title is always a goal of ours. I think it is realistic every year as long as we play mistake free football and control the game. We realize right now that we may not have the flashiest of all football teams, but every game we grow together as a unit. If we can continue to grow that way, I feel a Big 10 title is not an unrealstic goal to achieve.
    3. How's your health?

As soon as Urban Meyer left, my health and the health of this program made a turn for the better. That guy was a cancer here and everyone around here was glad to see him leave. AS far as the health of the team, we are really missing the skills of our CB Brandon Andrews. He went out early in the season for 9 weeks. The other guys have stepped up, but we still miss him playing for us. His leadership qualities are hard to replace. Also our TE Josh Bridges is out with an injury as well and we hope he will be back sooner than later as well. Both are rehabing at Tiago and we know that they are in good hands. We expect both of those guys to return in time for the home game against Michigan in week 14.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach GSU, it has been a really tough season so far. Can you tell us why it has been so tough?
    It's been tough for a couple reason. We started off against some strong teams where the talent gap was just to big. After that team moral just kind of went out the window. We have been able to scrap together 2 wins this season. Hopefully we can find our stride here late in the season.
    2. The one question everyone has is: will you beat Wyoming?
    Who the F**k is Wyoming? All i know about them is that they have the gayest coach in the Crop(David). He thinks he shyt don't stank!!! What is their record? You know what i don't care what their record is!!! We may not win another game all season but we will win this one. Write it down, take a picture, i don't give a F**k!!
    3. There have been rumors linking you to your Alma Mater FSU. Is there any truth to them? Will you be the head coach at Florida State next season?
    :eek: Who leaked this information? I bet it was Coach Mr2Bits down at UF. That guy there always trying to start some stuff. There have been no talks between me and the Noles formal or informal. My focus is doing the best job i can here in Vegas. But I will say this Bits dont wont none if I did take the FSU job:p

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Tuco, the Bearcats are having another great season. Is this team a lock to win another Big East title?
    2. You almost came back against Florida. What happened in that game?
    3. WTF is a Bearcat?

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Schad, you had a great run at Vanderbilt winning five SEC titles. Ever think you will go back to a BCS program?
    2. Talk about the loss to Air Force. Can this team bounce back and win the MWC?
    3. Who is the biggest freeloading-asshole in the Crop?

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Steve, Auburn is having a good season. Is this team ready to retake the SEC?
    Im not sure if we are ready to retake it just yet, but are we in the conversation again? Definately
    2. Assess the play of starting QB Mario Gonzalez. He was a 1st team SEC selection last season, but has struggled. Can you trust him to win games?
    Well inheriting a highly rated QB was an awsome thing, but most games with him this year he has been inconsistent and 15 int's is unacceptable. Right now I am not willing to say I trust him 100%. Adams is my offensively leader and hopefully his success will open more opportunities for Gonzales.
    3. How sacred are you of the Florida Gators?
    Not ever playing and only seeing the scores and highlights, I would say they are a force to be reckoned with I still have several big games left before I have to worry about Florida.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Schad, you had a great run at Vanderbilt winning five SEC titles. Ever think you will go back to a BCS program?

No. Wyoming will be last last hoorah in Coaching. My ultimate career goal is to win Wyoming an at-large BCS Bowl in the next 5~6 seasons.

2. Talk about the loss to Air Force. Can this team bounce back and win the MWC?

Sure we can, we have to find a way to get stops on defense. We are playing very poor on the defensive side and must help our offensive unit out. Especially with our starting QB Alexander out the next 4 games at least.

3. Who is the biggest freeloading-asshole in the Crop?

Well we actually have two in Bruce and Steve. Did you know that we run a soup kitchen here at the Crop?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach JCA, can you comment on the loss to USC? How deflated is your locker room right now?
    It's always tough when you lose by such a small margin, but it's all part of the process. We turned the ball over too much and didn't tackle well enough to win that game. I think we had some guys that were content with the way things were going because we were on a 5-game winning streak. Hopefully we can get refocused and win the rest of the games on our schedule. The experts think that we should be the underdog in 3 of the 4 games remaining on our schedule, which is a role we thrive in. We're not deflated at all, we lost, it's gone, we have to keep moving forward.
    2. What do you think this team can accomplish this season? Are you reevaluating your goals?
    Our main goal every season is to win the Pac 12 North. We can't accomplish any of our other goals if we don't take care of our side of the conference first. Right now, we can still win the Pac 12 and the Rose Bowl, which any Pac 12 or Big Ten coach would consider a successful season. These have been goals of our's from Day 1 and they are still within our reach, so there aren't any big "adjustments" or "reevaluations" that need to take place. I'm happy with the direction of our team and I look forward to working hard every day on the practice field and in the film room getting better.
    3. Why do you hate kakao so much?

I think that kakao is a quality product and could be very useful. I think your question is missing the point a bit ;)

Thank you all for your time. I look forward to speaking with you again in the future.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Mizzou, you guys are having a great season. Can you win it all?
    2. Can you talk about the sanctions against your program? The NCAA came down pretty hard on you. Was the punishment justified?
    3. Some have said that UNC is not a big enough program for a coach of your talents. Might you consider a move to a higher profile school?

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Rausa, the Wolverines have struggled out of the gate for the second year in a row. Can you comment on the early season hardships?
    2. You scored a big win over Michigan State. What was key in that victory?
    3. How much do you really weigh?

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

17. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

1. Coach Mizzou, you guys are having a great season. Can you win it all?
    We have had some great wins thus far. We still have some big games coming up including games against VTech and Miami, so we are taking this one step at a time. We don't have an extremely talented team, but guys are making plays when they need to. The loss of Heisman Tailback Eric Jones for the season and QB Johnny Pittman until Bowl Season will really hurt our chances against some of the really tough competition.
    2. Can you talk about the sanctions against your program? The NCAA came down pretty hard on you. Was the punishment justified?
    Yes, as a result of a scholarship violation we have 3 stars suspended until Bowl Season and our Heisman Tailback suspended for the year. I understand where the rules committee is coming from and that they are trying to nip this in the butt before it becomes an issue, but I do think they came down a little hard. I was targeting more than 2 5 stars because I was only in the lead for 1 of them. In fact, we were not even in the top 3 schools for 5 star WR Curtis West and were the third of 3 schools for 5 star athlete Patrick Davis. We did not have another chance for a visit until week 9 against a very tough Notre Dame team and after that it wasn't until week 11. We felt our best chance at landing 2 of the 3 was to try to make a move by inviting them early in the season. Unfortunately that worked a little to well and we got 3 auto commits after week 6. If it had been a third commit after 2 had already committed the punishment would be extremely justified, but because of the circumstances I think it was a little harsh. However, you can't change the past, we have some young freshman that are stepping up and making plays to keep our undefeated season alive.

3. Some have said that UNC is not a big enough program for a coach of your talents. Might you consider a move to a higher profile school?
    I think for right now UNC is a good fit. Who knows if some programs I have always admired come along I may be open to the idea, but right now I feel at home and we want to bring a BCS National Championship home to Chapel Hill.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]
    1. Coach Rausa, the Wolverines have struggled out of the gate for the second year in a row. Can you comment on the early season hardships?
    There are two schools of thought here. I am from the school of play the schools you want to be compared to, so we play #8 Miami and #3 Oklahoma to better ourselves through defeat. And then there are the Bamas of the world who rely on favorable schedules to get it done. I'd prefer to do it the Michigan way.
    2. You scored a big win over Michigan State. What was key in that victory?

The key was to keep it close. In a rivalry game, it's key to keep emotions in check and do not let the momentum sway to far out of your favor. We had already lost our #1 WR prior so the deep cheese was hardly an option. So with the defense keeping it with-in reach and a little lady luck, we pulled it out in the end.

3. How much do you really weigh?
    Well I'm not as big as Coach Schad in Wyoming but I'm a hair over 2-clicks. I tell my wife that the Michigan cameras add 100lbs.

• Like Like x 4