The Pride - League Description/Rules

Discussion in 'The Pride' started by BigSmooth33, Dec 9, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

THE PRIDE NCAA ONLINE DYNASTY

LEAGUE DESCRIPTION:
    Nothing in sports rivals the pageantry, passion, and tradition of college football and its fans. The premise of "The Pride" is for gamers to represent their alma mater or favorite school. It is, therefore, a major requirement that the team you select is one for whom you have a deep passion. Can you take your school all the way to the national title?

TSO is a sim-style gaming community. We do not allow cheesing, unsportsmanlike conduct, or any other actions that are not true to real life. Please refer to the TF Rules and Regulations here for complete game play guidelines.

DYNASTY SETTINGS:
    Gameplay Options
    Skill: Heisman
    Recruiting Difficulty: Heisman
    Injuries: On
    Fatigue: On
    Quarter Length: 7 minutes
    Play Clock: On
    Game Speed: Normal
    Speed Threshold: 0
    HFA Effect: On
    Ice the Kicker: On

Game Rules
    Offsides: 50
    False Start: 50
    Holding: 50
    Facemask: 50
    O Pass Interference: 50
    D Pass Interference: 50
    KR/PR Interference: 50
    Clipping: 50
    Intentional Grounding: 50
    Roughing the Passer: 50
    Roughing the Kicker: 50

Sliders (User/CPU)
    QB Accuracy: 50/40
    Pass Blocking: 75/45
    WR Catching: 50/50
    RB Ability: 50/55
    Run Blocking: 50/55
    Pass Coverage: 55/30
    Pass Rush: 65/15
    Interceptions: 50/25
    Rush Defense: 50/45
    Tackling: 50/50
    FG Power: 50/50
    FG Accuracy: 30/40
    Punt Power: 50/50
    Punt Accuracy: 50/50
    KO Power: 50/50

GENERAL GAMEPLAY RULES:
    GAME PLAN for USER Games:

-Big Hits
    • Can only be set to aggressive when opposing User is inside your 10-yard line. You can manually "Big Hit" or "Hit Stick" at your own discretion. Conservative can be used at your own discretion.
    -Strip Ball
    • Can only be set to aggressive when opposing User is inside your 10-yard line or you are down 17-points or more AFTER halftime. Conservative can be used at your own discretion.
    -Zone Coverage
    • At Users Discretion
    -Defensive Line
    • To be left at either default "Balanced" or "Conservative"
    -Pass Defense
    • To be left at default "Balanced"
    -Option
    • To be left at default "Balanced"
    -Get Open
    -Hold Blocks
    -Impact Blocks
    -Catching
    -Big Run
    • All (5) of these features above are only allowed to be set to either default "Balanced" or "Conservative"
    -Tempo
    • You all know the chew clock rules.
    Strategy Feautres:
    -Pass Commit
    • Be used appropriately in moderation. ie: Passing downs, 2-minute drills, protect a halftime/game-ending hailmary...etc
    -Run Commit

• Not allowed
    GAME PLAN/Strategy for CPU Games:

• All features are to be used in moderation please except run commit which is banned entirely.
    Offense:
    Going on 4th Down: we encourage straight play in this league, however, I do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, here is the rule on 4th downs:
    A. Whenever you are inside the opponent's 49 yard line, you are permitted to for it on 4th down.
    B. If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    C. If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.

• Playclock Rule: We're all here to play football. Keep in mind we play 7 minute quarters; not 15 like the NCAA. So please choose your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. I do realize, however, that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 2:30 remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if your trying to prevent another possession before the half.

The No-Huddle Offense:
    No-Huddle is allowed but shall be ran correctly. If you decide prior to the season to run a "true" No-Huddle Offense, then obviously you should be running it all game. Upon any incompletion or clock stoppage, the offense MUST huddle up. No crazy package changes when running hurry up. IE: Going from a 4WR set to a Ace set where you would have WR's playing TE. You must stay within the personel that's on the field. Before snapping the ball in the No-Huddle offense, be respectful to the other User/CPU to get set on the field, if you see a User is still tryin to line up to play, be responsible & SIM and give him an extra second to get set. Obviously if it's a runnin out of time scenerio before a half/game ends, things will be more urgent and the opposing User should realize that.

The No-Huddle may also be run by a User at any time inside the 2:00 minute mark in the 2nd & 4th quarters. If a User is down 17-points or more in the second half of a game, he is permitted to put his offense in a No-Huddle tempo in an attempt to get back in the game or to try to spark his offense.

Playcalling, Mixing It Up, Play Action: Owners are expected to mix up plays on both offense AND defense. If your team falls behind early in the game, it's understandable if you become a one-dimensional offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, we expect all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at reasonable play calling.
    Also, keep in mind it is unrealistic to call a PA Pass when it is 3rd down and more than 10. You may call a designed PA play and audible your RB to block or go into a pattern to stop the Playaction. Overuse of this or any other plays/patterns will be frowned upon.

QB Scrambling: Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards, deep dropbacks, constantly throwing off your back foot while dropping back, or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations. If you are going to scramble w/the QB when no one is open, try to stay inside your tackles or close. Especially if you dont have pressure off the edge, or have a clean pocket.

QB Pitches/Option: This is a simple rule, the pitch MUST be out of the QB's hand BEFORE contact with a defender. If it ends up coming out late by accident, or a little lag in play, the User must immediatley dive straight to the ground and/or run straight out of bounds.

No Tailbacks/Halfbacks playing the fullback position in ANY scenerio of a I-Form, or Goaline package. It is allowed to have "dual" halfbacks in a split shotgun formation. If the User runs a true fleXbox One offense, then a tailback is permitted to play the fullback (B-Back) position.

Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TT, so running up the score on user opponenets will not be tolerated. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin versus a User. If you are blowing out the CPU by 24 points or more, it is mandatory to put the entire second string in the game. There is a cap of 55 points versus the CPU. Unless its a close game vs the CPU, I will not tolerate any more scoring than that.

The Deep Post Route: The Deep post route is banned from the following scenarios. IF you violate this rule in game; you are required to punt to your opponent on the following play.

The Deep Post route is NOT allowed on any 3rd down of 15 yards OR More.

Defense:

• Mix up play calling, blitzing and shifting is obviously permitted, but be realistic about it.

OFFSEASON:
    Players Leaving
    A user will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player out of the pro draft if he is:
    - > 90 OVR
    - a JR that has won the Heisman
    - a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc.) AND is > 90 OVR
    - Kickers and Punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Scholarships
    The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

(70 - A) + B + C + D = total number of available scholarships, where:

A = current number of players on roster
    B = number of graduating seniors
    C = number of underclassmen that qualify for pro draft (see Players Leaving)
    D = one (1) additional scholarship
    Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit

1st violation: 2-scholarship deduction + 1 game suspension of player of commish's choice
    2nd violation: 5-scholarship deduction + 3 game suspension of player of commish's choice
    3rd violation: removal from league

Recruiting
    - Each user can sign a maximum of four (4) [​IMG]
    - Users can only recruit within their pipeline OR if the user’s school is listed in the top 10 for a recruit (i.e. green dot)

Position Changes
    Please try to keep these changes as realistic as possible. There should not be linebacker-size safeties or wide receiver speed at tight end, etc. If a drastic change needs to be made, an explanation in the league forum is required.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Updated rules effective 2014 season, 2/1/12

4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

We can use our team's default coach, correct?

5. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

yea. i just left mine default. would rather have jimbo fisher coaching the team than me

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Same here. Left Hoke.

7. majesty95

Thats good. I wanted Fedora just didn't want an unfair advantage if everyone else was creating a newb...

8. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Is this a carryover from NCAA 12? This route has been toned down significantly in NCAA 13. No longer a money play.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Will discuss.

10. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

are majesty95 's rerates going to affect scholarship/recruiting limits in any way?

11. majesty95

Pretty close. Should be fixed in end of August update but pretty exploitable now with the right route combo. With that being said, hard to ban routes bc they all serve a purpose as certain times. 3rd and 15 + though I can see deep post/4 verts though. The AI is just so damn bad its irritating...

12. majesty95

Don't see why it would. I would think you should still be able to maintain <71 players and fill any open schollie without going over...

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Didn't plan on the recruiting rules changing....

Can revisit after year 1 I suppose...

14. RedAL925

Don't care one way or the other...just checking

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Any concerns that we could be overlooking?

16. RedAL925

Nothing that I can think of other than the eventual patch at the end of the month

• Like Like x 1
  17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I don't think first patch will "fix" gameplay. The second one at end of August will fix gameplay. What does the first one fix again?

18. majesty95

The first patch addresses a few crashe/freezing issues. The 2nd patch at the end of August addresses gameplay issues.

Out of curiosity, this league is intended to be a long running league, right? I mean we're going to do multiple seasons and not reboot with a new patch correct? Just don't want to invest myself in a team that's going to get deleted in a few weeks. The new patches will apply to existing leagues so...

19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Intent is to run until next summer....

• Like Like x 2
  20. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

Like Smooth said we are in for the long haul....

• Like Like x 1
  21. RedAL925

I was not aware of this...sweet

22. majesty95

I don't remember where the slider discussion was but...

After playing the game some more, I'm convinced speed threshold should be ~40. In my last UNC game, an offensive lineman sucked up my 90 SPD SS on an interception. I haven't looked at the sliders to see where they are, but this for sure I think needs to be tweaked.

Also, I think both USER and CPU pass blocking should get a slight bump. I took six sacks vs Wake Forest of all teams with a very good line. Can't imagine what will happen vs Va Tech and FSU. Also, I noticed some high user sack totals (CMU 9 vs Illinois) so they both could be tweaked.

I would also consider slightly lowering the USER interception slider. I had three picks in my game and from what I've seen from other user games, everyone is getting 2-3 per game. I think 1-2 is probably more realistic so a slight bump down there may be in order as well.

Carry on! :D

23. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

It really wasnt because my pass rush....Illinois kept running screens and would not throw the ball. Im all for tweaking though

24. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

Can't seem to find anything on this. Are custom playbooks allowed? Or should we stick with team/style specific books?

25. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

You are able to use custom playbooks but again keep it SIM