The Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by bringbackjimmy, Jun 21, 2012.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I believe there is a bit of a wrestling fanbase on TSO so i thought there should be a thread to talk about current wrestling topics.

I for one i am glad that Big johnny's story line is done. it was getting old esp. with the Cena angle where if cena won he would be fired stipulations. Another thing i am getting tired of is john cena's current matches(besides cena/rock), because they are way to over the top predictable john cena starts off hesitant/gets his ass kicked/ rise above odds and wins. I am a Cena fan and i know he can have good if not really good matches with the right opponent.

They need to get rid of some belts or start improving their value. The World heavyweight belt between Bryan losing it in like 5 seconds at WM and it opening up the latest ppv is really sad in my opinion. In fact both world title belts should get top billing on the card. The US Title is a joke on Santino and i can't recall the last time he defended. I don't know who's bright idea it was to have a title holder to have a feud with ricardo rodriguez a "ring announcer" which i hope his finished with tuxedo match(held after the world heavyweight match).

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

How old are you again?

And you still watch wrestling?

• Like Like x 3
  3. WillisFaithful

WillisFaithful Walk On

No Stone Cold, no watch .. wrestling died with the Attitude Era .. it's a complete joke now ..

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

How old are you again?

And you still act like a know-it-all jerk off half the time?

Honestly, comments like this are why half the site bashes you so much. bringbackjimmy started a topic to see if others shared his interest, if you don't why even post in it?

• Like Like x 10
  5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I used to watch the WWF, when it was still the WWF, was a Randy Savage fan, and dug Jake Roberts. Then I watched Monday Nitro for a year or two. I thought the cruiserweight division with all the luchadors was awesome.

Haven't thought much about wrestling since then. Prefer to watch MMA, and see it done for real.

But I love wrestling video games. Love them.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  6. Keller

I can't bash people back for liking wrestling?

I think you read my tone way wrong there Dru.

7. WillisFaithful

WillisFaithful Walk On

The rest of the year has been ruined by injuries .. Silva and Sonnen is the only fight I want to see next to Fisher and Stout ..

GSP and Condit may fight by the end of the year .. 3 fights I want to see .. lol

8. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I really don't want to hijack the wrestling thread, but, I will say I'm a Rory Macdonald fan, and am glad BJ Penn is coming out of retirement to fight him. That should be fun to watch. Hope GSP recovers from surgery and is in ideal form when he fights Condit.

9. WillisFaithful

WillisFaithful Walk On

• Like Like x 4
  10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Stone Cold is the man. Wrestling was never the same without him.

• Like Like x 5
  11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

+1 I tried to watch it, and the WCW v WWF drew me in for a quick second, but you can't replace that. Guys like John Cena, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan don't excite me at all. It is nice to watch it every once in a while though, and see that their racial stereotypes haven't changed one bit.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I'm a fan and have been for 20+ years.

I actually liked Big Johnny and could have seen it gone on for at least another month. No, it wasn't Austin/McMahon, but it was kind of interesting to me.

I love the whole Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ dynamic though and AJ has made it soo much better.

13. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I would do AJ something good with her lil self

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Pics or gtfo!

• Like Like x 1
  15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i really like the punk/bryan feud. Those 2 are probably the best wrestlers on the roster so you know their matches are going to be good.. I am surprised they added kane to the feud as i thought they were going to put bryan and punk in a submission match, but anytime AJ gets more air time is good with me..

16. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bondzai

^^^Would

18. Keller

Need MOAR pics plz.

19. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I watch it every now and then but I more or less just read about what's happening and watch CM Punk's promos on YouTube. He is, without a doubt, the best guy they have on the mic currently and probably one of the top 5 all time in my eyes. I quit watching mainly because tag team wrestling, what used to be my favorite part of wrestling, is a joke now. Back in the attitude era it was great. New Age Outlaws, The Headbangers, LOD, APA, Hardy Boys, Dudley Boys, Edge & Christian. It was just good tag team wrestling and great booking.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I got back into wrestling after watching this:

I grew up with the Attitude Era and that will never be topped. I've been watching some old school NWA and the Four Horseman are just awesome to watch. Ric Flair was the man back then.

21. Bondzai

Wherever Ric Flair is right now, he's still the man. Probably giving some 25 year old hottie a ride on space mountain.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  22. Dru50

Anyone who is a fan of The Nature Boy should check out the documentary on him that WWE put out, great stuff.

23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

this made my day

• Like Like x 2
  24. Dru50

I still watch Raw, but like several have posted, it's just never been the same since Stone Cold and The Rock left.

25. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Yeah they really need to build their young guys through Tag teams before having them go on to fight for individual titles. now they throw 2 guys together for a few weeks and call it good...