The Proverbial "Can 'O Worms"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Stykman, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

The Proverbial "Can 'O Worms"

Since it's been opened in another "Hijacked Subbing thread", I'll just make it known now.

There have been SEVERAL Complaints this season about gameplay. The most Common Complaints are:

- Runs the same patterns over and over
    - Throws to the same WRs over and over
    - Runs Outside constantly, never inside. (This one was good...when the person was confronted about it, thier response was "My Guards suck, so I'll never run inside")
    - Blitzes too much.
    - Ran up the score.

Have I covered everything?

I can also tell you that out of 12 playoff teams who made the playoffs last season 9 has at least one complaint in for thier gameplay, either this season or last. While I won't call you all out specifically here on the boards, you all probably know who you are. I even heard a Nickname for someone that goes, ____ "Cheese" ______.

I will not contact any of you specifically through Q at this time. But as soon as I get another complaint, I will talk directly to you. You will be placed on Double Secret Probation (movie anyone?). That means I will tell you about the complaint, and if I get another one after that, we will start sitting players.

And if you decide to post here how "innocent you are", don't. You'll just be pointing the finger at yourself.

Now I'll sit back and watch this thread Blow Up...

2. scarface

scarface Walk On

cricket....cricket.....cricket....cricket.....

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

ka boom!

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

oh yes my guess for the "____ cheese____" is "scar cheese face" lol naw more than likely its "big cheese ox"

To the RC: Im sure im involved in this but how can you except ppl to change their gameplay without knowing they are stretching the rules... All im asking is let ppl know, off course ppl are going to get defensive if someone calls them a cheeser and have never been contacted by commissioners/RC/owners.

To everyone else: If you feel i cheesed you or i didnt play straight, by all means contract the RC but at least message me or say something about it, if you have a valid enough point i will give you a rematch no questions asked and will try my darnest to fix the problem.

5. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Just so we are clear, NO ONE was contacted about any issues yet.

I won't be contacting anyone until I get another complaint.

As Ox said, I encourage you to send me a Q if you feel that your opponent's play is not within the rules.

6. hendrikx

hendrikx Banned

How many of these complaints came from the team who just won? Probably none. Why dont you take a look at that Stykman. I have won some and I have lost some but for the most part everyone I have played have been pretty good players and I have no problems with their play. Possibly some people are sore losers. By the way if I had a small RB that was weak between the tackles and was playing a team that had great DT's I would be a fool to try to run the ball inside. You will get your player hurt and get shut down. Why do that? Maybe mix in an inside run but thats just about it. JMO though.

7. scarface

scarface Walk On

Again READ megas rules, if they are not for you then why be in a league that doesnt suit your needs and wants as a madden player?
    again I dont want to see anyone booted or quit but I do want to see realistic gameplay..

I for one will and have mentioned things to the RC when I have WON and LOST.

For me when I get cheesed I get more mad at myself for not stopping what I know is coming.
    As for my opponent I will at times say things to them to let them know I thought they could have played a little more within the rules but more often I will do as the rules say take it to the RC..

GUYS one thing to remember the RC is not here to say FU you are out.

They wait until a pattern is set before anything, for example if a guy does XXXX in one game then YYYY in another then ZZZZZZ in another and 3 guys complain about that owner it doesnt mean you are a cheeser and it could be what you said a sore loser, BUT when YYYY<XXXXX, and ZZZZ say this guy is doing this and this and it all lines up guess what.
    If it walks like a duck and and sounds like a duck it isnt a platypus.

8. Kan

Kan Walk On

You were *JUST* told that constantly running outside is against the rules. Your opinion in this doesn't matter. Either follow the rules or move along.

9. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I honestly think some of the issues are people have not adjusted to a new game on a new system.

a guy who has a - for example- steve slaton at) would be stupid not to run outside more often than not. Not saying run same toss play over and over, but play to your strengths - this isn't older versions of madden - ratings matter and you have to play to your players strengths and weaknesses.

Whatever - I think game logs should and do tell the whole story most of the time. Not hard to tell who is doing what just by looking at stats.

And honestly - some guys just have to do a better job building their roster and practice a little more at madden 10 - it is a different game. Jmo

10. scarface

scarface Walk On

Not really tank we had these same guys in older versions and the rules remained constant no reason to think they need to be changed so a guy can run inside all game or outside all game, or run slants all game or press coverage...

The rules are what they are. like them or hate them they are there

11. stealth

stealth Walk On

it has nothing to do with a new game or new system. It has everything to do with guys not wanting to abide by the rules set in place.

your example with slaton is the entire problem . yes slaton is more of an outside runner but no you can not run outside all the time with him. Why becuase the rules prohibit it so bottom line if you dont want to run inside with slaton then get a bruiser for a #2 hb and use him up the middle.

my hb scott is better on the outside as well but guess what i run him up the middle as well why? becuase of the rules and when i dont like scott chances up the middle I sub in benson becuase he is an up the middle hb

12. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I'd hate to play someone running same play or type of play all game. I think that would be against the rules and definition of cheese.

Biut if I was playing the texans I would expect a 75/25 outside/inside run ratio or around there. And the 25% inside runs to be draws or runs out of 3 and 4 wide.

Look - I have peterson who I feel I run all types of runs with, but majority of big gainers are runs to outside - gee whiz the guy is fast and he does what he does. But if people look at game logs they wuill see rashard jennings (think that's his last name) gets a decent amount of carries that are primarily inside carries (look at his ratings and tell me wherer I am gonna run him). (Btw- expect me to mix it up with him now tjat I've told fiture opponents what I do with him). Last year my banger was chester taylor who was released by me.

And as far as defense goes - I paid a premium for a lot of the guys I added to my team. Nnamdi, curry, justin, etc. Nnamdi alone allows me the luxury of playing defense differently than 90 % of the teams in mega. And when I play a guy "ike I did recenly who incorrectly declared the kind of defense I was running after I defeated him it told me 2 things: the guy doesn't know how to identify the ldefense he is facing and he is a sore loser who probably likes milk cause he is a baby.

Btw - I used about d save highlights from this game - and tried to use all 10 - on different defensive plays I ran to use in event that I needed to. (Madden doesn't lwt you save certain defensive plays for some reason). Now in a game where a guy runs 30 offensive plays total 5 plays alone accounts for roughly 15% of the defensive plays called. And I assure you if I could have saved all of them I would have - bevcause I know what mega would see is excactly what I told him after thwe game - 30/30/30 - mix of press/zone/in the box(or 4-6).

But at the end of the day it is all he said she said - and a new guy is always gonna be on the losing end of those battles.

I agree with mega rules but think it is a little overboard to suggest that banging a guy like slaton into the middle of the line is sim. Maybe in madden 07 that stuff worked( and throwing deep to any receiver with speed, and making any qb look like joe montana) but this is next gen madden with player rtatings that didn't even exist in previous versions of madden. That is a fact that I feel has not been realized by some of the leagues owners.

Hope this thread strays constructive - kan feel free to leave your one liners that add nothing to the discussion out :)

13. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Agree that plays should be mixed up, but I do not think it should be 50/50 run inside and outside. Is this what the mega rule intends to promote? I think the spirit of the rule is keep it mixed up, and keep it sim - ie try to mimic what we see on nfl sundays.

I completely disagree with our opinion that the new game has nothing to do with it. How can a game that has so many different player ratings not play differently? It does. And the quicker we all realize this the better. The rules don't need tweakingetc - but people need to adjust expectations of what should be expected out of their players.

For example - if you have small, fast rewceivers who have crappy release ratings what would be more nfl/ sim style - playing off those receivers most the game or pressing them most the game. I love scouting my opponents roster and their tendencies.

14. hendrikx

hendrikx Banned

Mixing up plays

I have read the rules and abide by them. Clearly the cry babies are anouncing themselves. I make make my games I make my posts and I play by the rules so why don't you cry to yourselves.

15. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

I don't understand...why not have the RC post the complaints so that you can see A) Who's complaining and B) What the complaint is - that way, it's all on the table and people can see what's happening, and who the culprits are.

Don't think there necessarily needs to be a soapbox attached to it so that people can bitch or defend themselves, but at least everything is open for all to see.

16. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Ok looks like it's time for me to chime as much as I tried to stay out of it. Since I was brought in a way as a crybaby or whatever and certain perople can't take a hint for other owners here without me posting and even an Rc member. So I'm going to bring it out in the open atleast from myside. I very rarily complain about anyone counting this season I think I have made 3 complaints about owners int he last 7 or more seasons and 2 were this season. Now as for you Tank last season when i played you I had no problem with your game except for the constant runs outside but I had no problem with your defense play calling and I didn't make a complaint even though numerous owners told me to watch out for you before the game. As for this season's game don't sit here and Bs any you run nothing but outside runs you ran 6 times that wasn't that wasn't outside.

The rest of your offensive gameplay I personally had no problem with. As for your defense that's another story and as I told you after the game I didn't like the fact that 9 out of every 10 plays you didn't even pick a play on defense you let timer run out and let the game pick a defense for you. Not only did you do that you would call the defensive audible that brings the saftey down to the line of scrimmage and lines the Linebackers up between the defensive linemen in the gaps and blitz to get quick nano type pressure.There was no 30% of anything, the only time you didn't call BnR is when you brought every one down as I just stated. I will not name the others since that is not my place and no Tank they all haven't posted in this thread but there are more than just a couple that recounted everything I told the Rc about your gameplay as I did when it was reported to the Rc. As for Ox he was the other one I reported and again I have made three complaints in 7 + seasons about anyones gameplay with two this season. Ox you throw to pretty much nobody but Avery on quick drags and crosses which everyone knows is a pretty much a given route in this game. The stats speak for themselves in our game alone you completed 12 passes the entire game 8 to Avery and just liek with Tank there are multiple owners who say the samething and all the complaints match up. With all that said I have nothing against either of youa nd nobody here except for maybe Scar :) wants either one of you to leave we just want everyone to play by the same rules as we do and to just follow the rules no matter what your feelings are on our rules they are here and they are here to stay and we expect everyone to abide by them as most of us do.

17. scarface

scarface Walk On

REGARDLESS of what anyone of us thinks we have rules.

Running outside in this version is REALLY easy and if done all game its cheese.

No where does it say it needs to be 50/50 BUT when the outside runs are from the same formation and the same play and the same motions and its done multiple times in a game its cheese.

18. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Well said! I agree!

19. gt86

gt86 Walk On

the reason why is and Gotham you should know this since you've been in Mega in the past it always leads to personal attacks and flame wars that's why it's kept with in the Rc. Now I personally if I have the chance will usually talk to guys especially if they are new and inform them if they break any rules or do anything that might be a problem to some other owners even if I don't have a problem with it. I do that if I win or lose, I have always been the type owner who is willing to help anyone improve them game if they ask because they are having trouble winning or if they aren't sure on the rules or if something is borderline or not.

20. scarface

scarface Walk On

NOPE thats stupid becaise it would be a bitch fest
    Its better to privately report owners.
    otherwise it open a can of worms for others to nit pick even more, I would rather have a guy play someone and if he feels what he saw was cheese then report it to the RC ...

21. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I'll add on to that Scar as a former Rc member and Rules Enforcer nothing is ever done or even said to an owner after one two or even three complaints. It usually is after numerous complaints from numerous owners and usually over multiple seasons.

22. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

the problem is some guys rather win when it comes down to it. Ive got the best RB thats not a real NFL player (1st rounder LeRon James, hes got mad speed) dont get me wrong i do run to the outside but its probably at best inside 70-30(inside tackle). and some of my biggest runs have been up the gut. My problem is with guys using 1-5-5, thats BS and zone all game. This league honestly has 3 tiers The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.You all know where you fit.

23. gt86

gt86 Walk On

this nothing wrong with using 1-5-5 or zone or any play as long as that not all you use or not using it almost all the time. I will say this though about zones the reason why people are using allot of zones is because the drags are being over used and playing zone is the only thing that comes close to containing it.

24. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Laughable.

I never let cpu pick my plays. Are you kidding me? That's the funniest thing I have ever heard. In fact I called a timeout on one play BECAUSE the cpu picked play for me.

As for your defensive play recognition - poor at best. Bnr is not same as 8 in box. And the plays I saved will all show my lbs back and dbs off - safties too. Wow I am lucky that the plays I saved all happened to be thew ones madden let me use as highlights (try saving defensive plays (no ints just regular defensive plays when nothing happens).)

4-6 defenses are allowed. And I run a 4-6 probably once every 3 or 4 plays. I enjoyed the game against you not the crying after. And I never used your name in this thread, but whatever.

As for my o - yes I run outside more than inside. But that does not mean I don't run inside at all. Against you I tried to run away from ware, and coincidentally I busted my 2 big gains on outside runs to the right. Take those 2 carries away and I probably gain around 60-80 yards on probably 20 carries on the ground(runs up middle too bud). How can that stat line be cheese?

I am proud of my game win or lose. I am honored to be in mega win or lose. But I find it embarrasing to hear grown men black sheep it(watch farleys movie black sheep - checkers scene with david spade) when they come up short.

I run the hell out of the ball because I have peterson. And I run outside on probably 65-70% of the tine. But jennings gets his carries, and peterson bangs it inside. Another 4-6 times per game which is more than enough in my book.

Again - you have to be kidding if u think cpu was calling plays. that's something I have never heard before. But when you are as easy to defend as you were - nnamdi takes out berrian, and I spotlight whatever) u put in the game - I guess I'd be frustrated too!

And this is not knocking your ability, but it should illustrate YOUR need to add another viable option at WR or at the very least get other targets involved in your offensive gameplan. And I realize that austin had a decent game, but he didn't concern me before the game and I felt I could lethim catch the balls and still win game - and I did.

So while your second receiver had good game statistically, I wanted to take out your goto guys - your rbs and berrian - and I did. Me - not the cpu as you accuse me of the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Laughable as I was calling my defensive plays many times before you called your offensive plays.

25. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

1-5-5? really no NFL team uses its total BS