The Q's Choice For Madden 15 Cover Athlete

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Apr 10, 2014.

?

Who will be the Madden 15 cover athlete?

1. QB Andrew Luck

7.7%
  2. QB Russell Wilson

30.8%
  3. RB Jamaal Charles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. LB Patrick Willis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. RB Marshawn Lynch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. QB Peyton Manning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. QB Tom Brady

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. LB Luke Kuechly

15.4%
  9. QB Colin Kaepernick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (Comment with who)

46.2%
  1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Madden 15's Coverboy Will Be...

[​IMG]
    Even though we are all still firmly entrenched in our Madden 25 franchise, I figured it's never too early to start talking Madden 15. (Also, the main page could use some content anyways!). So I'll pose the question, who would you like to see and/or think deserves to be on the cover on Madden 15? I've listed a few standout players from last season below, but if you feel someone else deserves the cover, let it be known! In the end, do we really care who is on the cover? No. Will it stop us from buying the game? No. But, EA will most likely begin their annual bracket style cover vote sometime this month, and I figure we could get a jump start on them all! What/who say you, Q?

The Choices:
    1. Andrew Luck: People claimed Indianapolis only made the playoffs in 2012 significantly due to an “emotional high” from coach Chuck Pagano’s health issues. Guess what? They did it again in 2013, mainly because of Luck’s arm. Luck finished the season with an 87 rating, guiding his team to victories over rough opponents such as the Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, and the Denver Broncos. Luck led a brilliant comeback victory over the Chiefs last postseason, receiving his first postseason victory of many to come. Luck led his team, pushing them through obstacles without Reggie Wayne at points, and an ineffective rushing game.
    2. Russell Wilson: Wilson had a phenomenal 101.2 rating last season, being a mammoth playmaker. Wilson may not have the glossiest stats, but he makes the plays when they matter the most, while taking excellent care of the football. He has a knack for keeping plays alive and coasting along until a play develops. His running ability also adds to his diversity. Wilson’s Seahawks won the Superbowl last season, and he may soon be the most dynamic player in Madden history; surpassing Michael Vick.
    3. Jamaal Charles: New Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid has contributed a fine amount to the Chiefs’ new-found success; Jamaal Charles was alongside him, making life easier. Charles is a firework behind center that defenses lose sleep over. He’s an electrifying runner, accumulating 1,287 rushing yards, averaging 5.3 yards per carry. Charles was bright in the passing game, racking up 693 receiving yards. He had 12 touchdowns last season, five of which came in a game against the Oakland Raiders. He’s a huge part of Kansas City’s formula, coming through more times than not. Charles is one of the best backs in the league.
    4. Patrick Willis: San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Patrick Willis has impressive stats, collecting 104 tackles and forcing two fumbles. However, even stats miss things, like the passionately beating heart a player holds. Willis is the core that strings this defense together. San Francisco wouldn’t have had a top-five defense last season without him. He’s instinctive, intelligent, and a ferocious hitter, changing the tone of a game with one punishing blow. Willis is an outspoken leader that solidifies the mold of his defense; players respect him. San Francisco’s had a pretty good defense over the last few years; Willis is an unbelievable defensive player who San Francisco would suffer without.
    5. Marshawn Lynch: The Seattle Seahawks had a top-five rushing-game in 2013/2014 as Marshawn Lynch pounded the rock through defenders. Lynch had 12 touchdowns, 1,257 rushing yards, and averaged 4.2 yards per carry. Seattle relies heavily on their ground-attack, taking pressure off of Wilson and their receivers. Lynch always responds. He’s a clutch player. Countless times, especially in postseason games, Lynch breaks off a huge game-sealing run, mauling through defenders like a bear would protecting its cubs. A big part of Wilson and Seattle’s passing successes spring from Lynch’s ability. He’s durable, selflessly carrying huge workloads game after game. His runs cause mini earthquakes; he’s definitely worthy of a Madden cover.
    6. Peyton Manning: The 2013/2014 season was a forest; Manning was the forest fire, lighting it up with huge flames dispersed. Manning boasts a 115.1 rating, and set incredible records of 5,477 passing yards and 55 touchdowns. The Denver Broncos’ offense were the most exciting bunch in 2013, scoring many points filled with thundering plays. Manning spread the ball around, turning tight end Julias Thomas, and receivers Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas into stellar threats. The Broncos marched all the way to the Superbowl; without Manning they’d have missed the postseason. Manning’s continuing to break record after record; adding the Madden cover to his list would be another nice addition.
    7. Tom Brady: The New England Patriots experienced many injuries, lacked big-time players on offense, yet still were a game away from the Super Bowl. How? Tom Brady. Brady was magical this season as always, impressively winning with a bunch of younger players. Brady managed to put up 25 touchdowns and over 4,000 passing yards without any big names, helping the Patriots’ offense to be top-ten caliber. He handled the pressure of a 26th ranked defense with injuries, staying composed to win.
      The Patriots had many exciting comeback victories thanks to Brady; he’d look nice on the Madden cover.
    8. Luke Kuechly: The Carolina Panthers were in the postseason for the first time since 2008, mainly because of their defense, that has Luke Kuechly. Kuechly is the centered quarterback of Carolina’s second-ranked defense. Scouts said he was too small; Kuechly’s 2013 game was big enough to compose 156 tackles and four picks. He’s a hard-nosed tackler, stuffing tailbacks at the line of scrimmage. He has good pass-covering skills. There’s no wonder he wears a “C” sign on his jersey; he’s a defined leader, guiding his team with tough play and sharp smarts. Opposing offenses make sure to account for Kuechly, and will for years to come.
    9. Colin Kaepernick: The 49ers are loaded on offense, but Colin Kaepernick’s the captain of the ship. He’s a very young, exciting quarterback, tormenting defenses with his rocket arm and mobile legs. Kaepernick threw for 3,127 yards while tossing 21 touchdowns. He rushed for 524 yards, averaging nearly six yards per carry. Kaepernick marched his 49ers to the NFC Championship, and was just a play away from making back-to-back Super Bowls. Kaepernick’s energizing; he can break off an electrifying 50-yard run, then slice the opposing defense with a beautifully placed 40-yard bomb. He’s a young star, and the Madden cover is the pinnacle for gaming stardom.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

[​IMG]

Tebow

• Like Like x 1
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

The cover should be a holographic and moving image of the butt-fumble.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Your 2015 Superbowl Co-MVP's, Ben Roethlisberger and Leveon Bell! :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

What, no love for the best qb in the nfl? Aaron Rodgers

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

He gets my vote.

7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

He's already been on one. Same reason I didn't list the actual best QB, who owns more NFL records than all of them, Drew Brees. (y);)

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Has he? Are you sure...??

9. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

No, lol. It sounded good though. Haha...I don't think he has been actually.

10. redlishus

He hasn't. Typical intellect of a Saint's fan.

11. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: ... Says a Packers fan!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I can't even take a stance to defend Jets fans. 99% of the ones I've encountered are dumb as rocks when it comes to football.

13. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

J-E-T-S....Giants Giants Giants
    :D:ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Giants fans are no better. Their team just has more success so they seem smarter defending the better team.

15. redlishus

Big Ben rape ("alledgedly") anyone yet this offseason?

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Rapethelisberger

17. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

:mad::mad::mad:

18. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Luke lets keep this in the NFC South

• Like Like x 1
  19. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

My first thought was Kaepernick....could be but I've just seen there is some possible allegations against him which could hurt that. So I'm going with other:

Richard Sherman

He was all the rage towards the end of the season/playoffs and on the SB winning team.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Don't like him personally, but he could definitely get it. I could see a lot of people voting for him in the brackets.

21. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Write Up Man...Love the content

I voted "other"

I'm gonna go with either a ROOKIE COVER (former rookies) with shared people (Sheldon Richardson, Desmond Trufant, Cordarrelle Patterson)

or

VETERAN COVER with shared people (DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, and Julius Peppers all in their new jerseys)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I don't believe the "votes" actually count anyways, way to much of a coincidence that the year they are hyping the change in the running system for Madden 25 (not to mention the whole celebrating the last 25 years of Madden) that Peterson and Sanders were in the finals.

Now if they make some WR/DB interaction changes :whistle: then it'll be a "battle" between Megatron and Sherman for the cover

• Like Like x 1
  23. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I've thought this too at times. I don't see how some people beat certain people.

24. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I think the Peyton Hillis vote for Madden 12 was legit and EA regretted it, as he was a half a season flash in the pan. I don't think they would ever let something like that happen again.

• Like Like x 3