The quarterback formerly known as Keith Thompson, leads miss st to victory over Nebraska.

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by smlVICTORIES53, Jan 13, 2012.

1. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

This game was all offense. Both teams combined for over 1000 yards of offense. There were big plays left and right. The headline going into the game was legal name of Keith thompson to white chocolate and what appeared to be a big talent gap between the two squads. The game couldn't have started any better for miss st or any worse for Nebraska. First offensive play of the game, miss st hb sam Williams took the ball right up the gut 80+ yards for a td. Miss st hel the cornhuskers to a punt and on the next play "silky white chocolate", phrase coined by mo, kept the ball on an option and scooted 80-ish yards for another score. After that it was all a blur. Nebraska fell behind early and had to go to the air. Their rushing game was non-existent for the most part anyway when they tried to run. Miss st came dedicated to stopping the run. If they got beat thru the air, then o well...as long as it wasn't on the ground. Part if this philosophy was due to coach mocephus stating earlier inthe week that he just doesn't have the same kinda of qb that he's had in the past. Well, he's a sand baggin son of a biscuit, Nebraska's qb only threw for 400+ yards and all but 2 of there tds. He also only threw one pick...more on that later. I shit you not, this was the kind of game miss st doesn't want to play. We've never been real successful in shoot outs and would much rather grind out the clock. Once we came to the realization that this was gonna be a barn burner we said fawk it and feed the ball to our sophomore stand outs sam Williams and wr Robert Howard. Of course whitey behind center got his carries as well. Whitey did throw 2 picks but one was due to a shit head who stopped on his route after beating his guy and the other was due to an amazing play by Nebraska's fs (son of a bitch is fast). But other than that the passing game was on target. Wr's made guys miss and broke huge plays. Miss st lead for nearly the entire game. Late in te 4th miss st offense stalled on a couple of drives and nebraska capitalized and was able to pull ahead with about a min to go. Miss st got the ball back with one timeout. Completed a decent pass and then another young wr stepped up and made a play when he had the chance. The play called was designed to get Robert Howard 1 on 1 with Nebraska's dime cb. Mo switched his cb's around and came out with his strong cb playing the slot. Whitey recognized this and thought it wouldn't be wise to take a chance with that match up and switched the routes between Howard and hero of the game Reggie brown. Brown took off on a go and got a great inside release. Nebraska safeties were in cover two and the fs went out to protect against the deep out being run by Howard. Mr. Chocolate zipped the ball down the seam and brown's legs did the rest. The fans and players were celebrating but the coach wasn't. There was still 50 secs left on the clock for an offense that had been able to throw thru, around and over the bulldogs all day. Nebraska came out after the kickoff and went to the air. But a miss st defender was finally able to come up with a pick and that sealed the deal.

Stat wise all I can recall off top of my head is 589yards of offense for me and 450ish for mo.
    Hb sam Williams had 10 carries for 185 yards and 3 tds?
    Qb white chocolate had 14 carries for 100+ yards and a td. 250+ passing yards 3 tds and 2 ints
    Wr Robert Howard had 6 catches 130+ yards and a td

Gg Mogriffjr

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

A great win for the Miss. State program. They are on the rise!

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Very good game...I struggled with their offense on the ground they broke several big plays. I finally got around to slowing it down and did get back in the game but that pass to his slot guy KILLED me. I have my 6'3" 98 speed 95 man cover guy in that spot and he got beat plain and simple.

Then the play I threw my lone INT herron had a step and my past QB's would lead it away from danger but workman doesn't have that kind of arm. He kinda throws it more bAck shoulder on a crossing route and his defender jumped the route. Ugh.

My pass defense for the most part has been opportunistic picking off passes but in the clutch have shit the bed. Jobs are on the line and changed will be made

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Paragraphs!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

What the hell are those? Never learnt them in school.