The Race is On

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

The Race is On

With Iowa going down in a heartbreaker...the Race for the Big10 AND the Race for the National Championship has gotten very interesting...

Here is a look at the BCS Standings BEFORE the advance to week 10 including the remaining schedules for each team...

1. USC-Arizona, @ Oregon, @ Arizona St, Notre Dame, UCLA
    2. Iowa-@ Wisconsin, @ NU, Minnesota, @ Rutgers
    3. Boise-@ Nevada, @ NM St, Fresno St, @ Idaho, La Tech
    4. Bama-West Mich, Miss St, @ LSU, Auburn, San Diego St, SEC CG (?)
    5. Florida-Georgia, @ Vandy, South Carolina, Miss St, @ FSU, SEC CG (?)
    6. Penn State-@ Illini, Indiana, @ Mich St, @ Georgia Tech
    7. Utah-@ USF, Wyo, NM, @ BYU, @ TCU, @ ND
    8. Texas-@ Tex Tech, Ok St, @ K St, TAMU, Big12 CG (?)
    9. Oklahoma-@ Mizzou, @ TAMU, Tex Tech, @ Baylor, @ Maryland, Ohio, Big12CG (?)
    10. LSU-Bama, Ole Miss, @ Ark, Southern Miss, SEC CG (?)

Now with Iowa down (sorry H22), and probable winners of the CPU games...I believe it will look like this (Top 5) after advance...

1. USC
    2. Boise
    3. Bama
    4 and 5 is a toss up...either Florida then PSU or PSU then Utah

There is still a TON of football left...according to these schedules...what do you guys think is going to be our National Championship and Possible Rose Bowl Games...

Im going with this...

Natty: Boise v bama
    Rose: USC v Minnesota!!!!

Shake Em Up Boys!!!!

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

With the injury problems USC is having, they may lose to ASU. ASU has considerable talent and can score quickly.

Minnesota is a sleeper team that's been waiting in the wings in the Big 10. It would be a tremendous lift for their program if they make it to the Rose Bowl. Big 10 football every week is an elimination game.

NC:USC/Boise vs Bama/Florida (if SEC Champ game) or Utah. Sorry Big 10 every week someone gets eliminated.

Rose Bowl: USC if only 1 loss, or Cal vs Minnesota. MInnesota has been flying under the radar all season, I think they are the team with no pressure because the critics had low expectations of them.

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

It would be tremendous for us to go to the Rose Bowl this year. However, I don't see it happening. I think PSU will be in the Rose against Cal. I don't think anybody can beat USC. They will be in the Natty against Boise State.

We still have some huge match-ups. Wisconsin and Michigan are tough as nails too. I haven't been tested other than USC and we all know what happened there. I think before the "Hype" can start, we need to beat a user team. If we beat OSU, then we'll start getting nervous.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I think ASU can beat USC though. Haven't the privilege of playing Oregon. USC/UCLA is always a good rivalry game.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I think Utah lost last game so that blew that long shot thinking.

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Lol...PSU has none...sooo....

Anyway...if I am thinking correctly...just because USC goes to the NCG (If that happens) that does not mean the #2 Pac10 Team goes to the Rose. It would be a fit At-Large Opponent. So, if Minnesota wins out and wins the Big10 and USC wins the Pac10 but goes to the NCG...Minnesota could play any at large NON BCS CONFERENCE CHAMPION. i.e. a Boise St or Bama if UF Wins SEC but does not make the NCG....it's confusing....it's intense...it's the BCS