The race to get CoachRedd's Conference MVP Vote

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by CoachRedd, Feb 10, 2011.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Included are the stats each player posted vs MTSU
    On the Cusp of the top 3:
    WKU.gif QB WKU - E. Hayden (304.6 rating 20-27 553 yds 6td-2int)​
    Completely dominated the Blue Raider defense. Other than 2 early INT's, was in complete control throughout the contest. Posted a ridiculous QB rating, even by our lousy D's standards.​

kentstate.gif RB Kent State - John Newby (21 rushes, 150 yards, 7.1 avg 2 TD)​
    Seemed to gain yardage in chunks of 5+ every single carry. Was a first down machine for Kent State throughout the game and really caught the Blue Raider defense with their pants down.​

kentstate.gif Def Kent State - C. Edwards (7 solo tackles, 4 TFL , 1 sack, 1 forced fumble)
    Was a complete terror on defense and was always around the ball. The 4 TFL says it all as we could never keep this guy out of the backfield. Not a real contender for MVP vote, but gets an honorable mention anyways.​

utah state.gif QB USU D. Brewster 206.2 rating 23-39 511 yards 5 TD 1 INT​
    Brewster is a beast. Plain and simple. He makes all the throws and makes them with ease. He may have lost the game vs MTSU, but that was due to USU's horrible defensive showing as opposed to Brewster not doing enough. Brewster was as impressive a QB as MTSU has faced all year. However, his late INT to seal the win for MTSU may be enough to push him out of the top 3 when push comes to shove and the final vote is cast.​

Top 3 Players in the Running(In no particular order)

kentstate.gif QB Kent State - C. Denman (290.5 QB Rating 17-20 293 yds, 5 TD-0NT)
    Came out throwing TD's early and often in the conference opener vs MTSU. Only missing on 3 pass attempts, this showing was one of complete domination. Whats most impressive is that he spread the ball to many different receivers with no one WR having more than 4 catches. If not for the blowout, he might have had an 8 or 9 TD day.

WKU.gif WR WKU - M. Lumpkin (8 rec, 255 yds, 4 TDs)
    Getting very strong consideration for Coach Redd's MVP vote as he was Hayden's go to guy all game. No matter the coverage:zone, man, a mix of both, Hayden dominated. In the MTSU game alone, he had 138 Yards after catch. Maybe the most dominating player MTSU faced all year.

western michigan.gif RB WMU T. Ruffin 21 rushes 245 yards 3 TD​
    While MTSU has held most other RB's in check in CUSA play, Ruffin was one of the few exceptions. He ran over, around, and through Blue Raider defenders til we begged for mercy. His YPC average tells the whole story to just how truly remarkable he was. His backup, vs the same MTSU defense, only had 20 yards on 9 carries.​

With 3 more conference games to play that list could always change. But, as of now, those are the contenders.

Even if we dont vote on Conference MVP..I'm going to update this each week anyways so I do not want to hear it from you salty coaches that dont have any players on the list.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Pollock for MVP/Heisman!

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

More touchdowns than incompletions? Gotta go with Denman!

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

You don't play me so this list is invalid

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Lumpkin was knocked out for the season during the Army game.

6. CoachRedd

Well all I can say is that I wish he wouldve played Army before he played us then.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

And also, your CoD skills need improvement for Conference MVP status

8. CoachRedd

thats irrelevant