The Ramblin' Wreck

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NoleNBlue, May 19, 2010.

1. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

The Ramblin' Wreck

GT-34
    #13 UNC-20

Chapel Hill-Coach PipeHitter said the Jackets needed to do 3 things to upset UNC at home Saturday afternoon. First, they needed to control time of possession. The Jackets dominated T.O.P. by holding the ball for 20:43, to just over 7 minutes for the Heels. Second, they needed smart play from the quarterback position. Jeff Watkins responded by going 9 for 13 passing for 194 yards and a TD and no interceptions. He also accounted for 26 yards on the ground and managed the option game flawlessly. He is charged with a lost fumble, however it was a glitch play by the computer where the CB, who was sealed off, threw the WR down and made a one-handed grab of a pitch. Can't control cpu glitches. Third, and most importantly, PipeHitter said, was to win the turnover battle. GT picked off 3 UNC passes with 2 of those coming within the red zone.

Coach PH also raved about the Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl performance of UNC RB Calvin Reid who had 10 rushes for 235 yards and all 3 UNC touchdowns. He literally broke EVERY first tackle attempt and was simply unstoppable.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dont feel bad PH, Reid shredded my defense for over 250 yards the week before. The guy is pretty much unstoppable!

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

that kid is christian okoye, vaughn hebron, earl campbell and herschel walker wrapped into one.

4. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Duke-24
    #21 GT-23

This game epitomizes why this game frustrates me so bad. I'm up 23-17 going into the 4th. I proceed to lose FOUR RB's TO INJURY in 5 plays. No biggie, I move a freshman db to rb (no cheese, I have no other option due to depth chart and injury situation) but it matters not, as I get stonewalled by Duke. Fast forward to 1:20 left, I'm still up 23-17 and i punt the ball to them, bounces on the 11 and into the endzone, of course. I hold on first and second down and make a huge sack on 3rd down. 4th and 19. 20 yard completion to a triple covered WR. Sure. 3 more downs, 3 more sacks. 4 and 25. 27 yard completion to a triple covered WR and I'm user controlling the safety. Next play, fade to the corner against tight double coverage and the DB does the studder step instead of the swat. TD Duke. Tie game. The extra point goes literally through the body of my defender who walked untouched through the line. Sure. Couple deep balls and I have one timeout and need about 15 yds to get in FG range. Then it happens. I'm in the shotgun Hail Mary formation (being GT, it's the only shotgun set I have). I notice that my slot receiver is completely uncovered and there's no one within 20 yds of him. I snap and no sooner can I move my thumb from X to Y than I'm getting hit by the DE. He seriously got there the same time as the ball. Burn my TO, FG attempt falls short, I lose on my biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Bullshit.

5. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

#20 Miami-30
    GT-31
    (3 OT)

Miami missed an extra point in the third overtime to give the upset win to the Jackets in front of a raucous night crowd at Bobby Dodd Stadium. An overall team win, there were really no stats of note, except for the Jackets intercepting 4 Miami passes. The Miami kicker missed 2 extra points and a fg on the day.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Nice win over the Canes. Can't believe the cpu choked on the XP.

7. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

thanks man, i couldn't believe it either. was the second time too. i was screaming and running around when he shanked it like it was real football.

8. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

GT-35
    Arizona State-3

ASU's defense proved to be no match for the GT offense as the Jackets cruised in Tempe. QB Jeff Watkins was a perfect 9-9 for 171 yds and 2 long TD passes, in addition to a rushing TD. RB Loren Gray lead all rushers with 143 yds on 17 carries and a TD. Defensively OLB Brian Morse had 11 tackles.

9. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

uva 10
    gt 28

i had a great write up but my laptop froze and i lost it. long story short, logan gray had 174 yds and 4 tds.

10. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

WF-10
    #23 GT-13

A defensive battle saw the Jackets hang on to pull this one out. My defense was suffocating all game until, predictably, WF walked down the field and scored with less than :30 to go, including converting 3 4th and 10's. The onside kick bounced off my hands team and, predictably, was recovered by Wake. I was able to force them to turn it over on downs and kneel the clock to close the game.

11. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

#19 GT-38
    #15 Georgia-28

Ball control was the soup of the day as Jeff Watkins guided the Yellow Jackets to a 10 point win over arch-rival Georgia in Athens. Watkins went 8 of 9 passing for 132 yds and 2 TD's and didn't turn the ball over as GT held the ball for over 23 minutes. Loren Gray added 116 yards on the ground and Matt Anderson had 117 yds receiving with 2 TD's.